IDT "newark" Reviews | Glassdoor

IDT Employee Reviews about "newark"

Found 167 reviews

3.4
Samuel Jonas
Pros
  • "Great work environment (sport facilities, relaxation rooms, comfortable conference rooms, well designed kitchens - cafetieres, parking garage)(in 15 reviews)

• "Good work/life balance - very family oriented (many parents)(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Traffic jams in Newark, especially in downtown where IDT building is located can be stressful sometimes(in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management (not mid level) has struggled with corporate direction as margins shrink in traditional telecom(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "newark"

Return to all Reviews

"Senior Strategic Advisor"

Current Employee - Senior Strategic Advisor in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great environment. Family friendly. Work remotely when appropriate.

Cons

Long ride to Newark.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

IDT2018-05-15
  2. "Company Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great work environment (sport facilities, relaxation rooms, comfortable conference rooms, well designed kitchens - cafetieres, parking garage). Friendly and relaxed relationship among workers and with management as well.

Cons

Traffic jams in Newark, especially in downtown where IDT building is located can be stressful sometimes.

IDT2018-05-07
  3. "Enjoyable Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Engineering in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT for more than 20 years

Pros

Good medical insurance that covers working spouse and children. Easy access to public transportation. Encouraged to learn new skills. Flexible hours. Secured parking garage. Beautiful new facility.

Cons

Depending on role may have to work nights, weekends, and holidays. On-call scheduling may be required but this is rotational. Commuting through Newark can be a hassle.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging your good employees to do good work, but acknowledge the bad ones and make the necessary changes to either shape them up or ship them out.

IDT2016-06-20

"Marketing--Senior Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT

Pros

"New" offices are nice. For some reason "putting makeup on a pig" comes to mind.

Cons

1) It's in Newark. Don't try to stay late because its dangerous. 2) Back in the day (more so then than now) people were hired into Senior roles because they knew someone not because they had a clue how to run a business. These people would have been SEVERAL levels below their current position in any other company. Unfortunately, some of these people are still around and are...

Advice to Management

run it like a business not like a yeshiva!

IDT2016-05-13

IDT Response

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We do enjoy our new offices as well and provide around the clock security to make sure our employees are always safe. We are also glad to hear that you've noticed our meritocratic culture that values achievement. Personally, I've stayed late because I was working on engaging projects ...

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The work has a greater purpose - serving immigrant communities Work life balance is respected Entrepreneurial place with multiple growth opportunities Awesome office environment recently renovated and centrally located Employees empowered to make a difference

Cons

Traffic in Newark can be tough during winter months but IDT has flexible start time so not so bad.

Advice to Management

I like the transformation going on at the company. Management trying to create a more dynamic workplace. Keep it going!

IDT2016-03-22

"could be a better place"

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

good people , latest technology - good work life balance

Cons

limited career growth, newark location hard commute

Advice to Management

provide employees more support

IDT2015-08-17

IDT Response

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We agree that IDT could be a better place and that's why we are always open to hearing about potential ways to improve. Please let us know what to do better at 973-438-1000 or contactidt@idt.net IDT is very entrepreneurial, which affords everyone the same opportunity to advance; ...

7. "Progressive and forward-thinking environment."

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Very multi-cultural friendly workplace and atmosphere. Professional and corporate but family oriented. An out-of-the box thinking telecommunications company.

Cons

Downtown Newark traffic is a pain.

IDT2013-06-26

"Enjoyable working environment with opportunities to contribute significantly to company value"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT

Pros

Intelligent and pleasant coworkers, relaxed professional environment, interesting problems to work on, good compensation. flexible work schedule, minimal commuting delays, gated free parking

Cons

Internal physical environment decent however not particularly asthetic, Newark not the most scenic or safest place. Cuts in benefits have not been fully restored e.g. minimal 401k matching, short term disability replaced with Aflac.

IDT2011-06-21