IDT "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

IDT Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Found 167 reviews

3.4
Samuel Jonas
Pros
  • "Great work environment (sport facilities, relaxation rooms, comfortable conference rooms, well designed kitchens - cafetieres, parking garage)(in 15 reviews)

• "Good work/life balance - very family oriented (many parents)(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Traffic jams in Newark, especially in downtown where IDT building is located can be stressful sometimes(in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management (not mid level) has struggled with corporate direction as margins shrink in traditional telecom(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Take what you can and move on"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Beautiful, professional and entrepreneurial environment. -Great pople, company-wide (with occasional exceptions) -Gym, kitchens, pool-table, etc. -Company-wide events to celebrate holidays with catered food, music, beer, etc. -Good work/life balance - very family oriented (many parents)

Cons

-Promotions seem to be based on seniority (10+ years) or because you are related to senior staff. -Compensation is lower than industry average for several types of roles -The software is completely outdated company-wide

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to who your rising stars are and get them more involved with bigger projects. If someone is consistently delivering a sub-par output in their senior role, consider changing the situation.

IDT2018-01-17

"Great overall experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

collaborative and friendly environment. Good work life balance. Hard work is appreciated by business. Superior benefits. Everyone counts.

Cons

Somewhat of a disconnect between management and employees. Some depts can use better career growth and newer technologies.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between all levels. Be more transparent about projects. If pulling the plug due to lack of interest. Keep atmosphere upbeat. Don't overhire and then have constant threat of layoffs; robbing employees peace of mind. Invest more in keeping cutting edge in product development. You were the innovators of VOIP, continue being the leaders.

IDT2017-10-18

October 24, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We appreciate your honest feedback and are taking steps to increase the visibility of projects that we work on internally. That is often challenging with an organization our size and we acknowledge that we can always do better with communicating out to the various areas of our businesses. ...

3. "Business Analyst"

I worked at IDT full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, decent benefits, nice co-workers

Cons

Management can be improved. Paid holidays can be improved

Advice to Management

Look out for your good employees. Bring new technologies.

IDT2016-09-11

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

IDT is proud of our commitment to work-life balance and our great culture. We have a generous vacation package and flexible paid holidays, but we would like to hear what your suggestions are at 973-438-1000 or contactidt@idt.net Our newly created emerging technology division is ...

• "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The work has a greater purpose - serving immigrant communities Work life balance is respected Entrepreneurial place with multiple growth opportunities Awesome office environment recently renovated and centrally located Employees empowered to make a difference

Cons

Traffic in Newark can be tough during winter months but IDT has flexible start time so not so bad.

Advice to Management

I like the transformation going on at the company. Management trying to create a more dynamic workplace. Keep it going!

IDT2016-03-22
    • "Principal"

I have been working at IDT

Pros

Good pay. Work life balance

Cons

No clear growth paths i career

IDT2016-02-11

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We want to make that growth path clear for you! Succession planning is a vital activity for us, and if you'd like to get more involved, please let us know! Send a message to the president via the intranet and we will get you more concrete feedback.

"could be a better place"

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

good people , latest technology - good work life balance

Cons

limited career growth, newark location hard commute

Advice to Management

provide employees more support

IDT2015-08-17

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We agree that IDT could be a better place and that's why we are always open to hearing about potential ways to improve. Please let us know what to do better at 973-438-1000 or contactidt@idt.net IDT is very entrepreneurial, which affords everyone the same opportunity to advance; ...

"OK"

Former Employee - Associate in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

nice co-workers and decent work-life balance

Cons

employee health plan is poor used to be a lot more fun little opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

It's hard to say what they could be doing better. The biggest challenge has been the downturn in the business, which only recently began to recover. It was painful to watch as the company went through round after round of lay-offs.

IDT2014-03-19
      • "Not for the faint of heart"

Former Employee - Investor Relations Director in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment where new businesses are constantly popping up. If you can latch onto the right project at the right time there is the opportunity advance and carve out a piece of the pie. Great work/life balance - most people have families and don't work much after normal business hours.

Cons

The company has no clear strategy for growth or profitability. Most business units are just trying to keep projects in play so they can stay employed. the cash drain has slowed but things are still pretty precarious. The company will have to start generating free cash flow soon or find a source of funding.

Advice to Management

Lock yourselves in a conference room until you figure this thing out.

IDT2009-02-11

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We agree with some of your assessment for sure! It's definitely a fast-paced environment with a ton of opportunity. It's even encouraged for our teammates to come up with new areas for the business to expand into and bring it to the executives. We disagree, however, that there ...

Found 167 reviews