IDX Broker Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2019

4.2
IDX Broker CEO Chad Barczak
Chad Barczak

"Sure it is work, but it is fun!"

Current Employee - Team Member in Eugene, OR

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

IDX Broker has been a great company to work with and I truly value what I have gained here - both personally and professionally. IDX Broker supports individual growth and genuinely promotes input from every employee in the company. The perks that come along with this job are second to none. The paid time off is generous, the benefits are outstanding, there are perks upon perks from company sponsored sports teams, swag, flexibility in schedules when needed, along with catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen in our employee lounge that is always buzzing with excitement - whether it be lunch time, game night, corn hole tourney, family movie night, learning lunch or any other idea you may come up with! I love that we can all enjoy working together and then spending extra time outside of work together.

Cons

Our clients are real estate professionals and can be a bit particular at times but you have a team around you to support you when needed. And in the end, when you are passionate about what you are doing and have a vision of your end goal, maybe being particular is not a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Great job on always keeping everyone informed on company direction and the road ahead!

IDX Broker2019-05-14
  2. "Be cautious - neat perks, but lackluster leadership."

I worked at IDX Broker full-time

Pros

They have many of the perks that look good on the outside catered lunch, espresso machines and sit stand desks, but don’t be fooled there is a reason they have such a high turn over rate.

Cons

Leadership is all over the place. The sales management has no idea what they’re doing, causing people from different teams to leave the company. Pay was half what was promised in my interview. Management told me I had to schedule internal meetings with other teams on my lunch if I was going to have them. No integrity - I read through the negative reviews and they are all accurate.

Advice to Management

As a manager you only get to see a fraction of what’s really stirring in the company, I know of 4 people that are ready to walk out. When someone brings something up to management or HR don’t say you understand, show it- talk is cheap.

IDX Broker2019-12-30

"From beginning to end, IDX was an exceptional experience"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Eugene, OR

I worked at IDX Broker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enthusiastic and intelligent co-workers. Strong benefits and perks. Teamwork culture leaves you feeling supported and encouraged.

Cons

Personalities of some of the clients can be challenging.

Advice to Management

The moments where we were able to learn about the long term goals of the company really helped provide context for why we were making the day to day decisions that we were - please continue to keep an open dialogue about the long term goals we're reaching for.

IDX Broker2018-11-26
  4. "Fantastic Colleagues and Management"

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time

Pros

Very positive culture where people are not trying to step on others to succeed. People accept failure and mistakes as an integral part of learning. There is no blaming people for their mistakes. It is also a very socially conscious company, with compost bins, recycling, and incentive to bike or ride public transportation to work. It is truly incredible how willing people are to help each other out here. Finally, I appreciate the option to eat very healthy as the 3 day/week catered meals include loads of leafy greens and other vegetables. They stock their fridge with healthy eggs, yogurts, and have shelves of wheat bread and natural peanut butter.

Cons

I didn't negotiate so it's likely more my fault, but my starting salary is quite low. They did say that there will be a chance to talk about a raise after a year of working, but it seems like I would have to insist and it's not going to be offered. Makes sense for a company in a capitalistic economic system.

IDX Broker2018-04-03
  5. "Something special"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've grown with this company over the last 3 years and things are always improving. Every week is something new and it is never boring. Very collaborative culture with a large amount of community outreach. Everyone here is caring and intelligent. Lots of opportunity for those who seek it and are willing to put in the hard work. I can honestly say this is the best place to work in Eugene.

Cons

No 401k at the moment unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Keep up the furious pace

IDX Broker2018-02-22
  6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Eugene, OR

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of benefits, lots of activities, the people are pretty cool and everyone gets along 99.9% of the time and that's the most I've ever been around in a work place. All the different projects keep you busy and the business is booming.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments sometimes, not all the time, but it does make some tasks difficult.

Advice to Management

May want to work on departmental communications and make sure your workers aren't too stressed out.

IDX Broker2017-09-13

"Faux-culture"

I worked at IDX Broker for less than a year

Pros

Fully stocked break rooms, standing desks..

Cons

While culture is touted at this company, please be aware that you will have to be a white male to fit in this very developer "bro culture". Zero women in high ranking leadership. You will see women in clerical roles or HR, but other than that expect homogeny. The CEOs micromanage employees and management in general is not very experienced. A lot of gas lighting. This place is not all bad: you just need to fit in with the white bro dudes who are leading it in order to see advancement. They do big lunches, but it's more so for show. Eat your lunch and get back to work type experience.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Higher diverse talent and have managers that actually are good leaders and not just white dudes who've been there for 10 years.

IDX Broker2017-07-30

"Fantastic place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Eugene, OR

I worked at IDX Broker full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Super talented team * Incredibly dedicated CEO * Great extras (food, espresso, events) * Incredible building * Work/life balance valued very highly

Cons

* Pay could be more competitive, but full benefits plus all the extras help * No 401k matching

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

IDX Broker2017-06-15

"Where culture isn't just a catch phrase"

Current Employee - Technical Support Lead in Eugene, OR

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in the tech industry for over 20 years now. In that time, I've worked for some pretty outstanding companies, from ground level startups to the largest Anti-Virus software developer in the world. Upon severing my relationship with an online training company in the Eugene area I traveled south and took a year to get deeply involved in the startup community in the Los Angeles area. Then, I found an opportunity to work for a Eugene based company with the spirit of a startup and jumped at the chance. After two years with IDX Broker I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I've made. I could talk about all the cool perks; but in all honesty most tech companies worth their salt these days provide the same atmosphere. What's different about this company is simple; it's the people. The management team encourages innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. Over the last couple of years, I've taken on new projects, coded tools for our team (I'm not a developer), and even wrote a front facing tool that is being looked at to make it into our core product. Then there's the team, we who are the boots on the ground. It's rare to see such an amazing group of individuals in one place. Considering how different we all are and how well we all mesh it's obvious that culture has been placed as the highest priority. When I look around I'm beyond grateful that I work with people that truly get it. We get that it's not about doing just enough to keep your job; it's about reaching for more every single day. We get that it’s not just about increasing your own value; it’s about lifting and increasing the value of the team. And just as importantly, we get that showing up means working hard and having fun in the process.

Cons

I'd like to see us grow our internal resources at pace with our company growth. Though I also know that all strong growth companies experience this as an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team as this is something that differentiates IDX Broker from many other companies.

IDX Broker2017-06-01

"IDX-troidinaire!"

Current Employee - QA Lead in Eugene, OR

I have been working at IDX Broker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since my first day at IDX I have known that I was appreciated, valued, and empowered to own my position. This is not something I have felt at other companies I have worked for, and its wonderful! Not only is the supportive and collaborative environment enough to make me an IDX Broker rave reviewer, but the perks and benefits are unlike any I have had before: catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen, company sponsored teams and events, 100% benefits, truly flexible scheduling, work hard-play hard culture, and so much more. Upper management encourages me to grow, learn, and expand my skills and is always ready to have a conversation or nerf war. This is a family I am grateful to be a part of.

Cons

Its really hard to think of cons considering how well the company takes care of its employees; however, the only thing that I think would be improved upon would be an employer matching retirement program.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keeping on!

IDX Broker2017-05-25