IET Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Timothy C. Stansfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IET is a great place to pursue an industrial engineering career"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IET provides a wide range of experiences, working with manufacturing companies in nearly every industry. Each project is unique and allows the engineer to learn new skills and expand their current industrial engineering skills. The project managers are extremely helpful and cooperative and work with the engineers to ensure their success. The office staff is friendly and accommodating and work to ensure the engineers are happy and satisfied with their careers. Most projects require multiple engineers which allows the engineers to build relationships with one another which is important especially when the engineers move to Toledo. IET is a great place to work and I would recommend this company to all industrial engineering graduates as a great place to pursue a career.

Cons

One of the unique aspects of working for IET is that you work as a consultant for other companies. That being said, there is a fair amount of travel to the client sites which can be a bit much for some people. If you like to travel and explore new cities, this may not be a con for you.

"We do Industrial Engineering right!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides a wide range of services -- work measurement, process documentation, modeling and analysis, process and facility redesign and more. Over a period of several years, an engineer can experience a variety of such project activities.

Company leadership is committed to client satisfaction. We do what it takes to ensure clients receive the value they expect even if it in inconvenient for IET. The client comes first!

Working directly for clients with no internal bureaucratic hurdles. If the client is happy, IET leadership is happy.

Cons

Travel is part and parcel of the job because we must go where the work is. Some people love it while some prefer to stay close to home, but there is no guarantee where your assignments may take you.

3. "HR Assistant/Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IET, Inc. has a diverse group of professionals who are focused on providing exceptional service quality to it's customers 100% of the time! In the process, we work as a team, enjoy getting to know each other and have opportunities to grow our careers. Daily work is fulfilling.

Cons

Smaller company, with more restricted benefit package.

Advice to Management

Thanks for appreciating your employees, it's motivating.

4. "happy and content at my 22 year job"

Current Employee - Controller in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Controller in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Owners that show appreciation and respect. Thorough interview process to pick the right candidates which leads to an awesome group of employees to work with. We have a work team that feels like family and delivers a service to our clients to be proud of.

Cons

Our medium sized company can sometimes be a stepping stone for employees to gain the experience they need to move on to positions with large companies so our turnover can be high.

Advice to Management

Keep building those personal relationships with employees to help them feel appreciated and respected

5. "Industrial Engineer"

I worked at IET Inc. full-time

Pros

Good company to start with potential to gain some good experience by working on varied projects employing IE techniques.
    Opportunities to travel on projects.
    Various IE certifications offered (at no cost).
    Company hosts periodic events for employees to get to know each other.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities.
    Pay and benefits below average.
    Some managers appreciate the learning curve, some do not.

Advice to Management

Continue with the company events.
    Certifications for employees is a good option.

Differentiate between candidates having a bachelors degree vs a masters degree - in terms of pay as well as responsibilities.

6. "Ok job"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to travel a lot. If you are lucky you can get really good projects for your career

Cons

You do not always travel in the best conditions. Employees do not really matter that much.

Advice to Management

Try to defend employees interests better.

7. "Love this job!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been a full time employee for almost 7 years. I have absolutely NO complaints. The owners are down to earth people. Real people you can talk to, hang out with and appreciate. My co-workers are the best there is. I'm not going to lie, I hope I win the lottery someday so that I never have to work again...but since I probably won't, I'm thankful to work for such an amazing company and with such wonderful people.

Cons

I cannot think of a downside to working here. Except, I really don't like pizza much and we order a lot of pizza.

Advice to Management

My advice to management? We should get our birthdays as paid holidays. Just sayin'...LOL

8. "Industrial engineer"

Former Employee - Industrial Engineer in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineer in Toledo, OH

I worked at IET Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of different projects, different levels of experience, potential to build contacts, over time work paid even though you are full time.
    Employees are treated like family.
    This company provides a good launch pad if you are a person who lives travel

Cons

Travel- 90% travel on the job. Get home fridays and leave again on sundays. If you dont like travelling then this is not the company.
    Clients are charged so much, you dont even get a third of it. Basically so much money is made out of you but you dont make as much as you would want to.

Advice to Management

Pay can be a bit better.

9. "Broad Experience"

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time

Pros

Multiple opportunities to work with Fortune 500 companies, travel the globe, exposure to all levels of the organization, learn manufacturing knowledge from all industries

Cons

Travel can be expected with long commutes most every weekend. Off shift work can also be expected.

10. "Slaves for rent here"

I have been working at IET Inc. full-time

Pros

- If you're lucky, most of your projects will be decent and fun.
    - You'll learn more and improve your skills here more than anywhere with a desk job (But that's just how a consultant's job is)
    - If you travel alot, bonus hours and mileage pay will make up for the low salary

Cons

- They flaunt your skills in front of their clients, but bind you to the company.
    - Supervisors are not worthy of the position
    - Basically, you are a money pinata that is whacked constantly to make IET the big bucks, while you get virtually nothing

Advice to Management

They're pretty much oblivious of this section. So, forget it. This company will be mediocre with no growth forever.