IFDS Reviews in Basildon, East of England, England | Glassdoor

IFDS Basildon Reviews

Updated July 10, 2017

Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Katherine MacMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management is pretty poor with some disastrous decisions being made in the UK in recent years which have wiped out any profits (in 20 reviews)

• work life balance struggle and a lot of backbiting (in 9 reviews)

1. "Not very good !"

Former Employee - Various in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Various in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked there for around 16 years, most of which were good, with long standing management, who mostly knew what they were doing and how to motivate staff, although the pay was not brilliant.

Cons

There is a massive disparity in pay scales between different section within the company. It's also now more about bums in seats rather than having the correct people in right jobs.

Advice to Management

Make sure the right people are in the right jobs, to ensure a smooth running business with less FTE

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent for the youngest that need to get experience.

Cons

Salary terrible
    No commitment from staff
    No commitment from management
    So if you are one of these people that likes to work hard for a living you will be the only one and all the work will be thrown at you with no thanks.

Advice to Management

Work out who your best staff are and promote and pay them.
    You need to be careful how you treat people as some will move on and later be in a position pull being a client.

3. "Same as anywhere else to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible and interesting work. Always lots going good on and nothing stands still for long

Cons

In office politics within departments but show me a large office that doesn't have this

4. "IFDS in UK"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

Not Dull, generally helpful people

Cons

Silo'd, weak on financial management and governance of development teams

Advice to Management

Focus on Client Delivery

5. "Not Bad"

Former Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice offices and a fairly relaxed working environment. Nice onsite restaurant.

Cons

Salaries not brilliant but it's not in London so to be expected. Progression around the business areas is difficult.

"Team Lead"

Current Employee - Policy Servicing Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to start with provided your are in the right team

Cons

Salary doesn't reflect responsibility and surely needs improvement

Advice to Management

Give employees good salary to stem the rate of employee turnover

IFDS Response

Apr 24, 2015 – Head of Resource Managament

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments. We take all feedback on board and is always gratefully received. It is worth noting that we do benchmark our salaries with other... More

"Very happy with my experience so far at IFDS - Those I have worked with are extremely suportive of my profesional growth"

Current Employee - Technical Dealing Senior Associate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent development within the right teams - Eager to progress those who wan't it.

Cons

Pay does not reflect employed role - can be justified by location.

Advice to Management

Happy with management - No issues.

"From Baby to adult"

Former Employee - Risk & Control Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

oh it is so busy and fulfilling.....I have met and maintained so many beautiful friends and guess what passed all my exams first time around which was a huge boost for me.........Loved finding new things to challenge and support This list is endless......Was so proud to recieve my employee of the quarter awards even knowing I could not have done that without huge support from Management,training,support from IT and my dedicated staff

Cons

There will always be challenges, the Company growth,the new systems introduced,the huge learning curve involved with each new Company serviced,the huge support with outsourcing and always ensuring that if there are any problems that they are corrected to avoid any breaches of service level agreements and more importantly ensuring all staff are aware of the rules that conduct our business

Advice to Management

I know that the current working conditions will make it hard for any senior management to handle.....I wish you well with what you have always been so good atxx

"Great place to work and I gathered a wealth of experience and knowledge."

Former Employee - Senior Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management and colleagues were very pleasant to work with and as long as you work hard and show potential, there are opportunities for you to progress within the company. The management team I worked for showed a high interest in personal development; training was always provided and qualifications available to work towards.

Cons

Depending on which team/project you work for, the work life balance could sometimes be difficult with varying amounts of overtime required however, it did seem to be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Overall, I fully enjoyed my experience working at IFDS. I could only suggest adding more of a focus to projects that aren't doing so well, in a bid to ease the strain on staff that are working a high amount of overtime to keep it going.

"Great company let down by certain deptartments"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IFDS itself is doing fantastic. There are some real opportunities within this company. CEO level staff are friendly and approachable.

Cons

The dept I work in is absolutely terrible. We've gone through so many staff in the last 2 years due to poor management. Very unfriendly, hostile atmosphere at the moment., managers are not approachable at all.

Advice to Management

Look into IT user support. Especially the number of staff that have left Desktop support over the last 18 months, then ask yourself why?

Sit down with current staff within IT User support and ask them about it.