IGATE Reviews | Glassdoor

Ashok Vemuri

1. "Deputy Manager"

Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at IGATE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits and 401k

Cons

No training, horrible people, frowns on and discourages asking questions, totally unprofessional environment.

Advice to Management

Do better..much better. Weed out the toxic and poisonous employees instead of encouraging them to continue spewing their venom.

2. "Horrible communication... between departments or Emp to Mgr"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer Lead in New York, NY

I worked at IGATE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medical Insurance - United Health Care. Low monthly payment for family coverage, low co-pay.
    401k contribution is average [ industry standard ]
    Merge with Capgemini, so lots of opportunity available.
    That's all.....

Cons

Since the HR, Finance and all the other team are in India, they have no clue how process things here in USA.

* First Paycheck was delayed [ understandable ] but I had to call people to find out when or how I would receive it. [ they sent it by mail, with no prior notification or communication from PM]
    * Took six months or more to check Background, even though status shows green and submitted all related documents. Different dept. ask for similar docs every so often, instead of sharing info between them.
    * Communication is horrible, they think ..they did a favor by giving you a job. It should be a mutual respect.
    * Indian HR and Finance dept will asked you question via email only, but if you asked them a question, you get NO Response.
    * They still have TONS of glitches on their INTRANET, that means submitting DOCS or accessing data is painful.
    * OWA has only 100MB, seriously!!!! so you have to forward all your important mail to your personal email [security hazard] to manage storage.
    * I can go on, but its worthless... its better for newly college grad [ fresher] but if you have family I would stay away from this Institute.

Advice to Management

Have a decent communication with your employee, it will go long way......

3. "Worst Company I've EVER Worked For"

Former Employee - Information Technology Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Information Technology Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

It's a job and that's about it. Take only if you are desperate for a paycheck.

Cons

Lie, Lie, Lie. Terrible communications, Pay is SLOW, Poor (near non-existent) Benefits. Will say/promise anything to get you to get you to sign on. Relocation is a complete JOKE. No professionalism. Will undercut any competitor to get business. Nearly 100% off-shore and they treat US citizens like crap.

5. "Excellent in term of project/technologies but lot of regional politics in management."

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Waukesha, WI

I worked at IGATE full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gret opportunity to work with good customer. Employees are satisfied in terms latest technologies used by customer.
    Employees are always missing all Igate good customers.

Cons

Management team are not good. Never given appreciation for good worker. Lot of regional politics came out as results of management deletion.

6. "Employee"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

None to speak of at this time

Cons

Dis-organized
    Watch out when they say you wil get reimbursed. More than likely you will not get your money back for re-location and per-diem expenses.
    Employees not valued even after years of service. Use them and ignore them when no longer needed on a project.
    Will throw an employee "under the bus" in the name of kissing up to the client even when the client is in the wrong.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IGATE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good companies for fresher as you get ample opportunity to learn new technology.
    Benefit which provide overall better than industry standard

Cons

Career progression sucks in this company. Even spending decade and a half you will not be recognized and you will not receive any promotion if you are at on-site. Don't have a proper green card processing for employees. Will process in EB3 even though you have been a manager for a decade. No career progression.

Advice to Management

My sincere advice to new management. Please visit onsite folks and find out what are they worth too. You will meet people who have ample experience both in technology and management which you can tap in a better way. Please come up with an open mind just remove this old senior management who have a tunnel vision.

"Probably the worst company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at IGATE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You basically don't have to work and nobody will ever know. I am shocked at how this company still exists.

Cons

This company has no idea on how to handle American workers. I only stayed at the company for a few months and I had a manager in India that I never spoke to or interacted with. This is a outsourcing company that is trying to get in the consulting biz but has no idea on where to start. I strongly advise anyone to avoid working here.

9. "Don't work here if you are a woman"

Current Employee - Long Term Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Long Term Employee in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at IGATE full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great health insurance coverage and if you are an Indian man, you will be compensated and treated well in the US

Cons

Women are discriminated against tremendously. A woman can hold the same job as Indian men and will be banded and paid significantly less than them. New employees are coming in making more money than long-term employees because of outdated rules that don't allow current emps to be promoted and have their salaries increased even when they take on new roles.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for the jobs they do and stop treating women as if they can't contribute solely based on their gender.

10. "medical biller"

Current Employee - Medical Biller in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Biller in El Paso, TX

I have been working at IGATE (More than a year)

Pros

you can make enough money but never spend it.

Cons

there is noting good about a company who makes work like a slave.

11. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Phila, PA

I worked at IGATE full-time

Pros

Nice people who write a lot of e-mail but never answer the phone!

Cons

Totally unorganized, had no office to go to in Philly, they never reviewed my work, promise relocation cost but when I inquired they laid me off. They were writing test case for business requirements that were not signed off. Use help desk software. for everything with little response.

Advice to Management

Learn to actually train new employees, as me and another new employee sat in Pensacola for two week with nothing to do or work on. No training and didn't receive our Laptop until the last Friday of our two week of so call training.

Showing 203 of 2,266 reviews