IGS Energy Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2019

Found 7 reviews

1.4
Scott White
  1. "Great work environment to be a part of"

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy for more than a year

Pros

Extremely caring and helpful people in the supply and risk department.

Cons

Some days can be a little slow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

IGS Energy2017-10-25

"You're Fired!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are good (while they last). IGS certainly takes the "at will" employment thing seriously. GOOD employees that contributed a lot.

Cons

Witnessed at least ten people from VP level on down get fired for no legitimate reason whatsoever. Just walked out the door without warning and given severance to shut them up. The usual reason was someone higher up just didn't like you.

Advice to Management

Don't preach your values unless you back them up by not axing people without warning and ruining their lives.

IGS Energy2019-05-20

"Purposeful | Innovative | Exciting"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A family-owned, grassroots, purpose over profits culture. We place a high value on our customers, our community, integrity, continuous improvement, entrepreneurship camaraderie, and innovation. With great business experience, collaborative opportunities, and autonomy; every day at IGS is an opportunity to learn, and to contribute to something meaningful. Everyone here walks-the-walk.

Cons

Growing pains; a fast-paced culture and highly competitive market creates pain-points, but each is an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to patiently craft and execute on long-term strategy and vision.

IGS Energy2017-03-23

"Great place. Has some growing pains."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture has been unmatched Very welcoming community little to no "red tape" to get things done Constant growth overall Flexible schedules so long as you get things done. Open door with anyone at anytime.

Cons

Hidden politics and passive aggressive commentary Will tell you they want you to grow but have no room for you to do so.Then hire someone for the role you wanted. Constant "He said, She said" across departments. Honesty is requested but rarely occurs.

Advice to Management

Make everyone feel equal again. I know it gets harder with growth but if people feel like they are getting the short end of the stick. It is only a matter of time before the find the carrot somewhere else.

IGS Energy2016-06-05
  5. "Great pay, dynamic work in environment and just a fun place to work that challenges you everyday."

Current Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is great and the managers really help you grow professionally. IGS is an awesome place to work and start a career. IGS Energy is constantly growing, the future is very bright.

Cons

Fast paced and very dynamic, the energy industry as a whole is always changing. If you are looking for an employer that allows you to be complacent, IGS Energy is not the place for you.

IGS Energy2014-10-30
  6. "This company has all of the above"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been here for seven years and have noticed vast improvements in the company. The executive team spends a ton of time and effort into helping employees grow and acknowledging their value. The work/life balance and benefits are well above par. The atmosphere is clean, fun, and resembles a "Google of Dublin". We take pride in our LEED certification as well as our growth in the CNG market. We enjoy what we do and...

Cons

As a growing company, the pace can be a rather difficult to keep up with which adds stress, but those challenges can also be exciting.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what our current goals are. Keep recognizing the value of our employees. We truly appreciate it. Never look back.

IGS Energy2014-08-26
  7. "Growing company/industry, strong vision from leadership, great culture."

Current Employee - Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Access to all levels of the company inside and outside of the building - Leadership trusts and empowers the right people to drive projects/changes - Long-term vision of CEO/Exec team is exciting - this company will continue to change industry - Fun and exciting culture - surrounded by great people all day. I feel energized every time I walk to the building.

Cons

- Growing very quickly creates uncertainty for many people

Advice to Management

We need to follow through 100% on ideas we have committed to; we have a lot going on in the building right now and resources are stretched thin. I love how fast things move, but we need to make sure we are allocating resources promised.

IGS Energy2014-08-02