IGS Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 14, 2017

2.0
Scott White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Awesome culture and work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Long lunch, independent, self reliant, great pay (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Downside is that it's door to door sales but to be honest it's not bad (in 12 reviews)

• What I didn't know until I started was that this was a door to door sales job (in 8 reviews)

1. "field Consultant"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

meet new people everyday. control your direction

Cons

poor leadership, when asked how to handle certain things I got blown off.

Advice to Management

management can't be taught. either you have the skills to manage or you you don't.

Nov 17, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the ability to meet new people and take control of your day as a Home Energy Consultant. We want for the HEC position to allow for a great... More

2. "ERC"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Maumee, OH
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Maumee, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A n occupation where you are outdoors the whole time.

Cons

All the subjective rule making between the regulatory companies and those cowards at IGS.

Advice to Management

Do not throw people under the bus, EVER!

Jun 9, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience, and had some additional concerns regarding our policy/procedure from a regulatory standpoint. Please... More

"HEC (Home Energy Consultant)"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Jenkintown, PA
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Jenkintown, PA

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People you work with are great! Every employee gets equal beat down for sales. Allow you to work for charitable organizations and help out in the community.

Cons

Door to door sales - Work Mon. thru Fri. but if you don't meet sales quota you have to work Saturdays. Be careful, if you don't meet sales, verbal warning 1st, written 2nd and
    3rd written for termination. Plan on working 6 days a week. 2 days out of the week are meetings so your day will be extra long - 9 am to 8pm. Gift card bonus - so you have to pay taxes on them by the next check and 20 cents per mile on travel expenses. Too low, federal is like 57 cents now. Won't talk about health benefits. Better for your health to have a less stressful job.

Advice to Management

Employees understand that if we don't sell, management doesn't make the money. Pyramid type of thing. Would be nice not to get so many messages on the work I-pad beating you down to "keep pushing" and "sell strong" as you are working. Employees need to make the money, so they don't have to be reminded when they are having a hard time closing. If you sell good, the quota will change for you so you have to work even harder! Huge turnover of employees. Need to go back to original shorter hours and show better appreciation so that sales force can have a life.

Apr 20, 2017 – HR Business Partner

I’m sorry to hear that you have not had a positive work experience. We are always open to employee feedback and want employees to feel positively about their experience working for us. Please... More

"Sales"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IGS Energy is growing extremely fast however so is Energy in general. Most business is done through broker relationships and sales departments do not get along.

Cons

Its extremely competitive to get into the door and management only cares about a few reps who bring in the largest accounts. Competitors typically price us out of deals.

"Home Energy Consultant"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Pays well for a door to door job, 401k, great amount of PTO time, uncapped commission and they give a cell allowance.

Cons

Usually a 6 day a week job (Sundays off), Was told to lie to customers about contracts, theres not much room to grow within the company. Lots of wear and tear on your personal vehicle.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful with you employees, calling unnecessary meetings that took away hours of knocking was stressful. Maybe look at the hours of knocking, lots of negative responses from customers when you would show up at the door in the pitch black.

"Hec"

Pros

The salary, and hec coworkers were great

Cons

Never give you uniforms and then says they did, and charge you. Management is rude and couldn't care less about you, and it's a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Keep better track of your staff and supplies

"Decent place to work"

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are friendly and professional for the most part. The dress code is very laid back. They are investing in innovative and sustainable energy solutions and truly desire to do right by their customers.

Cons

One of the big negatives is office politics and playing favorites with promotions and positions. Another negative is redundant systems or duplicated work because of lack of communication.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees! You have very intelligent employees who have great and innovative ideas. Streamline systems and automate where possible. Also, pay employees fair market value.

"Tier 3 Infrastructure Support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Great pay and good community outreach programs. MOST of the teams had great cooperation and respect for each other.

Cons

Incredibly full of itself and constantly "clicks" forming among favorites within upper management. You were more valuable if you played nice and never disagreed with a select few.

Advice to Management

Nothing said here will matter

"shiftiness"

Pros

there are no pros at all

Cons

there are too many cons to write about

Advice to Management

quit

"Not for most people"

Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn excellent money. Excellent front office people. Competency of regional management varies from excellent to poor.

Cons

Long hours - Noon to 9 pm minimum. They tell you you can have Saturdays off if you meet quota, but then they raise the quota to make that impossible. Miss quota 3 times and you are out. Some months are good, but others your price is too high and you won't make any sales.

Advice to Management

Offer more short term rate options to be price competitive with the utilities year-round, not just winter gas and summer electric.