IGS Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 26, 2017

5.0
Scott White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Awesome culture and work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Long lunch, independent, self reliant, great pay (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Downside is that it's door to door sales but to be honest it's not bad (in 12 reviews)

• What I didn't know until I started was that this was a door to door sales job (in 8 reviews)

1. "Ranked #1 for a reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent atmosphere and culture. Growing, forward thinking, innovative company.

Cons

There really are none here.

Jul 28, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are incredibly proud to be ranked #1 as a Top Workplace in Columbus for the large employer category by Columbus CEO. However, we wouldn't be able to achieve this... More

2. "A great company with amazing employees"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fantastic company with even more amazing employees
    Subsidized in office lunchroom with great food
    Great pay
    Excellent training
    I can't stress enough how wonderful everyone is at this business
    Treated like you're at a startup paid like you're at a large business

Cons

There are really no cons it can be hard work but anything you put into this company they will return in spades!

Advice to Management

Please don't change

Jul 28, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Wonderful! Thank you for your positive feedback. We’re so glad to hear you had a great experience working with IGS Energy!

3. "An amazing Columbus company with lots to offer individuals looking to grow."

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

IGS is a super connected company in the Columbus area. It's well-respected and a great place to launch a career AND a community in Columbus. The company offers a lot of room to grow and cross-train. It's the type of place where every day brings a new opportunity, but it's up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

If you're uncomfortable with change - this company isn't for you. It's a fast moving organization which can be both exciting and scary. You better be ready for a ride.

Jul 28, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your positive feedback about the ability to grow and cross-train at IGS! Growing and developing our employees is important and vital to what IGS believes in. With our values focusing... More

4. "Best company ever!!!"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Westlake, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about working here. At first I was hesitant because you're selling door to door but from the phone screen to my 2nd interview I was almost begging them to hire me. The training is phenomenal and they go at your pace. You're joining a team who makes you feel like family the moment you meet them. Everyone is so empowering, loving and genuine. The pay is great, with a base pay plus commission. With a promotion you can also earn residual income. I have a fantastic work life balance, we're involved in the community and I love that I am benefiting my customers.

Cons

Downside is that it's door to door sales but to be honest it's not bad. We sell with integrity and I feel no pressure to make a sale. You make your customers aware that they have a choice in what they pay and if you can provide them with more value, they will sign up. If they are already in a good situation, I let them know they should stay put for now and I'll check on them when their contract ends.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your patience, your understanding, your words of encouragement and support.

Jul 28, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Home Energy Consultant role! We're so glad to hear you've been having a great experience from interview to present day. We work hard to provide an environment... More

5. "Marketer in the Marketing Department"

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is exceptional both in my department and overall in the company. The company strides itself on offering peace of mind and great value to customers, and lives by the motto of offering exceptional customer experiences every day. The cultures is amazing and the benefits are great. No wonder IGS has been listed as a Best Place to Work and a Top Workplace for so many years in a row!!!

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment, which I love, but unfortunately, it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

May 26, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Awesome! We love hearing about how our employees are feeling about their role and the company. At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture and environment that has lead us to being listed as a Best... More

6. "Annoymous"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

CEO is great and very progressive

Cons

HR is horrible...there were some very poor VP choices...

May 26, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you felt positively about your time IGS. However, I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with management choices. We are always open to employee... More

"Great People, Ideas, and Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at IGS make it special. The people I work with are friends and I'm excited to come to work even after 5 years. People genuinely want to help with your growth, projects, and challenges.
    The company is continually assessing new ideas for improvement and growth opportunities. During my tenure, we have entered several new markets, lines of business, and acquisitions. Not all have been successful, but the company believes that "Failure is an opportunity to learn, to succeed you must willing to fail." This is literally written outside the boardroom and results in strong team support and prevents people blaming each other when mistakes happen.
    Lastly the company is very philanthropic and encourages employees to find ways to help the community. Each year IGS takes a full day and closes the office to allow each employee to participate in a community care day (IGS Impact) with multiple charities.

Cons

Change happens fast. While I prefer moving quickly, I have seen some people struggle with the quick pace, especially if they came from an industry or company that was very risk adverse and moved very slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye towards balancing company growth while nourishing the culture. You've done a great job so far, but don't lose sight of how easy it is to follow linear patterns by introducing large hierarchies and heavy bureaucracy.

May 25, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture that promotes our values of integrity, continuous improvement, exceptional customer experiences, camaraderie, and innovation... More

"Purposeful | Innovative | Exciting"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A family-owned, grassroots, purpose over profits culture. We place a high value on our customers, our community, integrity, continuous improvement, entrepreneurship camaraderie, and innovation. With great business experience, collaborative opportunities, and autonomy; every day at IGS is an opportunity to learn, and to contribute to something meaningful. Everyone here walks-the-walk.

Cons

Growing pains; a fast-paced culture and highly competitive market creates pain-points, but each is an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to patiently craft and execute on long-term strategy and vision.

9. "Door-to-door sales"

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

You get paid hourly plus comissions. Manager are easygoing and your goal is very clear.

Cons

Lots of negative feedback from prospective customers on a daily basis. As any sales position, negative responses are the most commons.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work and focus on those employees who are struggling at the beginning of their sales career.

"The overall life-work balance is amazing, and the place for advancement is unreal."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Maumee, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Long lunch, independent, self reliant, great pay.

Cons

weather, outdoor, long drives, cold

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, be willing to listen to all individuals who are working for you even if they have been there half of the time a successful consultant is, everyone can contribute and make a difference in this field.