IGS Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

IGS Energy Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

Found 156 reviews

3.5
IGS Energy CEO Scott White (no image)
Scott White
  1. "Best employer ever!"

Current Employee - Would Rather Not Say

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture is relaxed, encouraging and collaborative.

Cons

In the few years I have worked here, there have been no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

IGS Energy2019-08-29
  2. "Not bad- Could be better"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

it was a good paying job

Cons

it was very time consuming

Advice to Management

listen to your employees more

IGS Energy2019-08-16
  3. "Life at IGS"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, opportunity to make as much money as you want, good PTO, good benefits

Cons

People suck, turn over is very high

IGS Energy2019-06-28
  4. "Starts well, ends badly"

Former Employee - Commercial Territory Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Good job until your sales fall then their just like every other company out there

Cons

Once the companies revenue started declining they raised their rates, stupidly believing customers shouldn't care about rates. They really believe that because they give coats to kids at Christmas that customers shouldn't mind paying more. Then they blame the sales person.

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of your backside.

IGS Energy2019-06-11
  5. "Bad management"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady work steady pay water

Cons

Hot hard work under appreciate

Advice to Management

Get educated

IGS Energy2019-06-11
  6. "Simply the Best !"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many to name. This is by far the best employer I have ever worked for. They pay a great base salary and have the best commission structure. Great benefits and PTO. They invest highly in technology to make the employees job seamless. Extremely innovative company. The company continues to keep growing. They have an outstanding culture of values and Comradery. Management cares very much about the... employees. It’s a family atmosphere.

Cons

There are none to name.

Advice to Management

Can’t think of much in the way of advice. This company has a strong pulse of what every stakeholder needs . We are highly invested in our communities and do so much in the way of philanthropy work. Keep up the great work.

IGS Energy2019-06-09
  7. "There liars"

Former Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

There liars to all there contractors

Cons

Paycheck are on plastic cards which most atms do not honor

IGS Energy2019-05-24

"Decent company that preaches integrity but screws customers"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

Igs offers a decent base pay for a sales job that bumps up from 30k to 35k after you continue to hit your weekly sales goal. The team I worked with were nice and the manager wasn't bad but you only see them once a week and don't do much interaction outside of the weekly meeting.

Cons

Where to begin... The company preaches all these values and how its a family atmosphere but you're never in office or around it because your outside 5 or 6 days a week selling a useless service. 12 sale a week minimum to pay your base and anything over that is commisoned a fixed amount. The ability to get sales all depends on your area and also how shady you're willing to get with customers. If you aren't hitting... 20+ sales a week then the job doesn't pay all that much better than a typical D2d sales job but trust me plenty of other companies offer the same base with better commission and a better product. The job is all dependant on you getting bills from homeowners to sell them a fixed electric and gas rate. Sounds fine until you realize that we are raising people's rates almost double on gas and a few cents on electric with no added benefit to the customer. Stating with the utility is generally the best bet or going with another registered supplier who only raise the rates a few cents on both lines unlike igs. If you can find a customer being screwed by another supplier then generally you can save them money but it's still better to stay with the utility. All in all this wasn't the job for me and I've had d2d sales experience for way better companies that pay the same or better for a better product. If you take this job be prepared to get shady and leave out alot of info when closing the sale. I found myself outright lying or misrepresenting info so I could get the sale just to make a living. If you don't mind doing this and trying to have the company brainwash you into why they're the best and fixed rates are what the customer needs then take the job and you'll be successful. Another resource to check out is igs reviews from consumers. Some like the fixed rate and weren't screwed too bad but most are and they can't get out of it without an etf. Just check igs bbb rating that they preach is an A+ but the customer reviews are 2 outta 5 stars. I hope this review can help and give some insight for those looking into igs and sorry for the length. Best of luck to you if you take the opportunity with them but don't be suprised if after a few months you see everything I've said come true.

Advice to Management

Train longer than one week and find ways to train people to be honest about price and what we're doing rather than mislead or lie to customers unless they ask about price.

IGS Energy2019-05-23

"You're Fired!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are good (while they last). IGS certainly takes the "at will" employment thing seriously. GOOD employees that contributed a lot.

Cons

Witnessed at least ten people from VP level on down get fired for no legitimate reason whatsoever. Just walked out the door without warning and given severance to shut them up. The usual reason was someone higher up just didn't like you.

Advice to Management

Don't preach your values unless you back them up by not axing people without warning and ruining their lives.

IGS Energy2019-05-20
  10. "Great Company, OK job"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

IGS is a company that cares for its employees, has great benefits and good pay. They offer lots of coaching and mentorship to ensure your success if you are willing to match the effort. They promote entirely from within and have several opportunities. They recognize success with steak dinners and other awards.

Cons

It's door to door. You are selling commodities so it can be quite difficult to make the sale sometimes. I personally felt that I was scamming people which is ultimately the reason I left, but if you can feel comfortable selling on a value versus price basis on a commodity you will do fine. I would recommend this job to people starting their career in sales.

IGS Energy2019-05-20