IGS Reviews | Glassdoor

IGS Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.5
IGS CEO Scott White (no image)
Scott White

"emphasis on employee empowerment, growth and giving back to the community only stems from the company’s family ethos."

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at IGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top tier company, good salary, family ethos, philanthropist ideology. Honest and friendly staff, opportunity to earn more money through commissions.

Cons

To be honest I don’t have any problems with IGS. In anything in life what you put in is what you get out. If you’re not motivated or lazy look elsewhere!

Advice to Management

Please continue making an impact on our communities as you do.

IGS2018-02-08

February 14, 2018HR Business Partner

What a compliment! Thank you for sharing your feedback on working with IGS. Competitive pay, family feel, and our commitment to giving back has helped us earn top spots in Best Places to Work and Top Places to Work. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying working with us!

2. "Great Opportunity Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at IGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Set your own pace and success. Be a boss and win.

Cons

Not for those that can not motivate themselves.

IGS2018-02-07

February 14, 2018HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear that you enjoy working at IGS!

3. "Home Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved working with customers, the flexibility of my day, great benefits, fun place to work, company recognition, family atmosphere, uncapped commission (ability to write own paycheck essentially) very incorporated in community from donations to the local high schools, volunteer opportunities, and spending time in/with the community

Cons

Rejection in sales can be hard

IGS2018-01-26

January 31, 2018HR Business Partner

We’re so glad to hear you’re enjoying your position at IGS! It sounds like your experience has been reflecting our Company values, particularly Camaraderie and Exceptional Customer Experience. We find these, along with our commitment to Integrity, Innovation, and Continuous Improvement, to be a crucial part of our organization. We find it important that we give back to the communities that we work in, which is why we have community outreach events and give each employee 8 hours of volunteer time off a year.

4. "Current Employee"

I have been working at IGS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Founder (since passed), Son (current president) and long time friend ( current vice president) have created something magical. This company does a fabulous job with employee recognition as well as customer satisfaction.

Cons

Not all share the same values and culture the top leaders expect. It is a sales field which can be cut throat amongst management.

IGS2017-12-27

December 29, 2017HR Business Partner

We love hearing that you feel the founders have created something magical and that we’re doing well recognizing our employees and taking care of customers. Thank you! Our focus on our employees has helped us to maintain being awarded a Best Place to Work and Top Workplaces. I’m sorry to hear you feel that not all leaders are sharing the values we believe in as an organization. Please let us know how we can address this by contact the Human Resources department at HR@igsenergy.com.

5. "Great company, great people"

I worked at IGS

Pros

Great place to work, great people, excellent senior management, very forward thinking.

Cons

Not that I know of

IGS2017-11-03

November 3, 2017HR Business Partner

We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience working with IGS. Thank you for your feedback!

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS full-time

Pros

Great culture and great leaders.

Cons

Need to consider work from home.

Advice to Management

Consider more options for flexibility/balance. Dublin is only a great location if you happen to live there.

IGS2017-08-28

September 8, 2017HR Business Partner

We’re so glad to hear you feel IGS has a great culture and leaders. Thank you! We appreciate your feedback on work from home options. This is something we are currently looking into further, as we understand the desire for additional work schedule flexibility.

7. "Ranked #1 for a reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent atmosphere and culture. Growing, forward thinking, innovative company.

Cons

There really are none here.

IGS2017-07-26

July 28, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are incredibly proud to be ranked #1 as a Top Workplace in Columbus for the large employer category by Columbus CEO. However, we wouldn't be able to achieve this without the talented employees that help make IGS Energy one of the best places to work in Columbus!

"A great company with amazing employees"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fantastic company with even more amazing employees Subsidized in office lunchroom with great food Great pay Excellent training I can't stress enough how wonderful everyone is at this business Treated like you're at a startup paid like you're at a large business

Cons

There are really no cons it can be hard work but anything you put into this company they will return in spades!

Advice to Management

Please don't change

IGS2017-07-20

July 28, 2017HR Business Partner

Wonderful! Thank you for your positive feedback. We’re so glad to hear you had a great experience working with IGS Energy!

"Best company ever!!!"

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Westlake, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't say enough good things about working here. At first I was hesitant because you're selling door to door but from the phone screen to my 2nd interview I was almost begging them to hire me. The training is phenomenal and they go at your pace. You're joining a team who makes you feel like family the moment you meet them. Everyone is so empowering, loving and genuine. The pay is great, with a base pay plus... commission. With a promotion you can also earn residual income. I have a fantastic work life balance, we're involved in the community and I love that I am benefiting my customers.

Cons

Downside is that it's door to door sales but to be honest it's not bad. We sell with integrity and I feel no pressure to make a sale. You make your customers aware that they have a choice in what they pay and if you can provide them with more value, they will sign up. If they are already in a good situation, I let them know they should stay put for now and I'll check on them when their contract ends.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your patience, your understanding, your words of encouragement and support.

IGS2017-06-22

July 28, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Home Energy Consultant role! We're so glad to hear you've been having a great experience from interview to present day. We work hard to provide an environment where employees feel valued, receive the training needed, have a work team they can rely on, and feel proud of the work they do.

"An amazing Columbus company with lots to offer individuals looking to grow."

I have been working at IGS full-time

Pros

IGS is a super connected company in the Columbus area. It's well-respected and a great place to launch a career AND a community in Columbus. The company offers a lot of room to grow and cross-train. It's the type of place where every day brings a new opportunity, but it's up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

If you're uncomfortable with change - this company isn't for you. It's a fast moving organization which can be both exciting and scary. You better be ready for a ride.

IGS2017-06-22

July 28, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for your positive feedback about the ability to grow and cross-train at IGS! Growing and developing our employees is important and vital to what IGS believes in. With our values focusing on Continuous Improvement and Innovation, we are always looking for ways to make and implement changes that allow us improve, grow, and find new solutions.

Found 157 reviews