IGS Reviews | Glassdoor

IGS Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

3.5
IGS CEO Scott White (no image)
Scott White
  1. "Marketer in the Marketing Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The leadership is exceptional both in my department and overall in the company. The company strides itself on offering peace of mind and great value to customers, and lives by the motto of offering exceptional customer experiences every day. The cultures is amazing and the benefits are great. No wonder IGS has been listed as a Best Place to Work and a Top Workplace for so many years in a row!!!

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment, which I love, but unfortunately, it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

IGS2017-05-25

May 26, 2017HR Business Partner

Awesome! We love hearing about how our employees are feeling about their role and the company. At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture and environment that has lead us to being listed as a Best Place to Work and Top Workplace. Thanks for the feedback!

2. "Annoymous"

I worked at IGS full-time

Pros

CEO is great and very progressive

Cons

HR is horrible...there were some very poor VP choices...

IGS2017-05-16

May 26, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear you felt positively about your time IGS. However, I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with management choices. We are always open to employee feedback and want employees to feel positively about their experience working for us. Please contact the Human Resources department so we can assist in addressing the concerns you have.

"Great People, Ideas, and Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at IGS make it special. The people I work with are friends and I'm excited to come to work even after 5 years. People genuinely want to help with your growth, projects, and challenges. The company is continually assessing new ideas for improvement and growth opportunities. During my tenure, we have entered several new markets, lines of business, and acquisitions. Not all have been successful, but the... company believes that "Failure is an opportunity to learn, to succeed you must willing to fail." This is literally written outside the boardroom and results in strong team support and prevents people blaming each other when mistakes happen. Lastly the company is very philanthropic and encourages employees to find ways to help the community. Each year IGS takes a full day and closes the office to allow each employee to participate in a community care day (IGS Impact) with multiple charities.

Cons

Change happens fast. While I prefer moving quickly, I have seen some people struggle with the quick pace, especially if they came from an industry or company that was very risk adverse and moved very slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye towards balancing company growth while nourishing the culture. You've done a great job so far, but don't lose sight of how easy it is to follow linear patterns by introducing large hierarchies and heavy bureaucracy.

IGS2017-04-19

May 25, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback! At IGS, we work hard to maintain a culture that promotes our values of integrity, continuous improvement, exceptional customer experiences, camaraderie, and innovation. We’re not able to do this without the support and commitment of the amazing and talented people that work here.

"Purposeful | Innovative | Exciting"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A family-owned, grassroots, purpose over profits culture. We place a high value on our customers, our community, integrity, continuous improvement, entrepreneurship camaraderie, and innovation. With great business experience, collaborative opportunities, and autonomy; every day at IGS is an opportunity to learn, and to contribute to something meaningful. Everyone here walks-the-walk.

Cons

Growing pains; a fast-paced culture and highly competitive market creates pain-points, but each is an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to patiently craft and execute on long-term strategy and vision.

IGS2017-03-23
  5. "Door-to-door sales"

I worked at IGS full-time

Pros

You get paid hourly plus comissions. Manager are easygoing and your goal is very clear.

Cons

Lots of negative feedback from prospective customers on a daily basis. As any sales position, negative responses are the most commons.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work and focus on those employees who are struggling at the beginning of their sales career.

IGS2017-02-21

"The overall life-work balance is amazing, and the place for advancement is unreal."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Maumee, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Long lunch, independent, self reliant, great pay.

Cons

weather, outdoor, long drives, cold

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, be willing to listen to all individuals who are working for you even if they have been there half of the time a successful consultant is, everyone can contribute and make a difference in this field.

IGS2017-01-27
  7. "great company"

I have been working at IGS full-time

Pros

Excellent culture - they walk the talk.

Cons

better fit in aesthetically

Advice to Management

excellent company

IGS2017-01-25

"HR Administrator"

Human Resources Administrator in Dublin, OH

I worked at IGS for less than a year

Pros

Awesome culture and work/life balance

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about this employer. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming

Advice to Management

None

IGS2017-01-23
  9. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - HEC in Boardman, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time

Pros

Everything about working for this company is a PRO. Amazing payabd sales incentives, amazing coworkers and the bosses are amazing.

Cons

There are no cons to this job other than being outside when it's cold, but that's not really a complaint because this job is worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

IGS2016-12-08
  10. "Positive and Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS full-time

Pros

Positive Culture, Long Term Focus, collaborative across departments, progressive, invests in future, very talented people

Cons

Hard to prioritize with all of the concurrent initiatives going on, but it is getting better

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and promote from within when possible

IGS2016-12-08