IGT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 9, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Communication from upper management can be lacking at times (in 56 reviews)

• Lacks work life balance as a priority - Technology is pushed hard year round (in 22 reviews)

1. "Project Management Intern"

Pros

Learned many skills that have helped me excel in my next job.

Cons

job was a job. not many people that hung out with outside of work

"Company needs to refocus"

Current Employee - Software Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment to learn in. If you are persistent/dedicated or lucky enough you can gain experience across multiple disciplines, departments and regions.

Work life balance is not bad but it seems to depend on who your manager is i.e. working remotely seems random and there is no set policy.

Cons

I am from Legacy GTECH i.e. the company that purchased IGT. It seems as if GTECH's pay issues have been absorbed into the new company.

Unequal pay-scales

Opportunities for growth seem to have dwindled compared to a few years back.

Diversity is an issue both ethnically, racially, regionally, etc.

Leadership/Development program has stalled, especially across borders.

Work life balance needs to be a company driven policy.

Company culture has faded, seems more for the stiff suit type.

Turnover has gone up in recent times.

Advice to Management

My understanding is that IGT was not doing as well as they would have liked when GTECH bought them, if that is the case, why would GTECH promote more if IGT's managers/VPs/Directors, reduce high performing staff on both sides, etc. It would have made logical sense for GTECH to let more of their Managers lead. We also understand that Italy is the base of the company now-a-days but can we provide opportunities globally to more than just our Italian family but also ensure that people in other regions are getting the same global opportunities. That also means ensuring that more old white men are not the only ones getting these opportunities as well. As a young person of color from in the organization that has held senior positions, I have been overlooked in recent years in favor of people that fit the Eurocentric aesthetic.

The Leadership and Development programs need a revamping. Again, only certain persons are considered and even when others are considered, they spend 3-5 years being on the list but not given the opportunity to participate.

As a technology company, we need more of our technologist to lead the company not just the Finance Managers.

Processes are good but I think there are entire departments that push outdated policies to keep a job and this needs to be looked at carefully to ensure that as a technology company we are not stifling our creative drive, ability to deliver on-time and cut out the ridiculous administrative overhead, let's get rid of that old GTECH saying, "we have a meeting to discuss the meeting we just had!"

"Sales Representative- TX"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at IGT (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, average work life balance, bonus good depending on region you are at.

Cons

The politics are terrible. If you are great at your job and turn the world around it will still not be good enough if an upper level manager or mid-level manager doesn't like the way you look. They do "anonymous" surveys but no one wants to really say what they think. Too many passive aggressive rude comments, too many rumors, too many secrets kept from people in regards to their jobs. Too. Much. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Someone from home office has go under cover to really see what all of this means.

"Accountant 1"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Reno, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Had a good benefits package.

Cons

All hype and no follow through. IGT lost lots of good people because of Top Heavy management, vague moral building (Remember: Think Blue?), and petty knee jerk reactions by management to employees for being curious who still works at IGT who know anything. Doing more with less is a worn out phrase.

Advice to Management

Admit your mistakes and stop ignoring the silent screams of your employees. How many surveys will it take for management to accept the results of what employees have been saying for years.

"Fine place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at IGT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hard working colleagues here

Cons

Management issues with many complaints

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make necessary changes

6. "IGT"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IGT has been a good company to work for. My immediate management team has always been excellent. Onsite cafeteria and Fitness center. Outside walking paths as well. It is a big company with alot of room for advancement. IGT also stresses self improvement and has many opportunities for training.

Cons

IGT continues to go through alot of changes since being bought by GTECH 2 + years ago. There have been staff reductions but typical for a big merger like that has happened.

"Company doesn't have culture"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some decent people
    Big Reno employer
    Ok pay
    Gym and cafeteria
    Nice location
    Old technology and new, so plenty to learn

Cons

Dying company
    No innovation from the top, just knee jerk layoffs to bring the stock price up 1 point.
    No stocks options, high medical, low raises and mediocre pay

Advice to Management

Bring in innovators , remove old management style that hasn't worked since the recession.
    Focus on long term growth , not short term penny pinching and layoffs.
    Pay your top talent or they will leave and you will always be mediocre cause the competition is fierce now.

"Client service manager"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You have very hard working, Dedicated employees who were proud to be shareholders. Most staff have a can-do attitude despite the passive aggressive beatdowns

Cons

Senior management is out of touch with he reality of what is taking place on a day to day basis. HR doesn't investigate complaints and turns a blind eye

Advice to Management

You have vipers in your senior management team that are disingenuous to middle mgmt. The sneaky/hostile passive aggressive behavior displayed by newly appointed VPs caused many long-time employees to seek employment elsewhere. 5 years ago IGT was known as BIG BLUE - you are in the middle of a mediocre pack

"Good stepping stone to gain work experience , not good career choice long term"

Current Employee - Software in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Software in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at IGT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO , free soda, co-workers

Cons

Management & HR
    High turn over rate of unhappy employees

Advice to Management

Find a new job

"IGT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at IGT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IGT was a really good company to work for and I largely enjoyed it. My manager and co-workers were good people who were knowledgeable and enjoyed what they do.

Cons

Benefits really started to go downhill after GTECH bought us out 2 years ago. Goodbye cash sharing, goodbye employee stock purchase plan, no vacation carryover from year to year. Healthcare went through the roof. No raises. No promotions.