IHRSA Reviews | Glassdoor

IHRSA Reviews

Updated February 17, 2017

4.2
CEO

1. "Membership Account Manager"

Pros

Great People and a nice place to be

Cons

Not much. Slow work environment sometimes.

2. "Excellent organization for those beginning their careers"

I worked at IHRSA full-time

Pros

If you're a hard worker and ambitious, you can pretty much write your job description. They hired me fresh out of college when I knew nothing about anything :) While not necessarily true of all managers in the company, my managers were very open to my ideas and willing to let me try new things. I learned a ton when I was there and left with many marketable skills on my resume. And finally, IHRSA is very sympathetic to people with kids, which is nice.

Cons

The company is very top heavy--I think VPs outnumber staff. And most of the VPs have been there for 20+ years. So change, even if it's for the better, is hard. Also, the benefits are acceptable but the pay is terrible.

Advice to Management

Never have a meeting where two pizzas couldn't feed the entire group.

"OK company, frustrating management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The employee benefits are pretty good. The offered paid time off, medical and dental benefits and health benefits are better than most other companies. The HR is also very reasonable for family and personal emergencies.

Cons

There are a lot of employees that have been there for years and don't always appear to do the same amount of work as others. There is a definite divide between employees that have been there less than 10 years and the ones that have been there more.

Advice to Management

There needs to be some fresh eyes in the upper management. The rules need to apply for all employees and show less favoritism for the ones that have been there for many years.