ILBSG Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Law Clerk"

Former Employee - Summer Law Clerk/Law Clerk in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Summer Law Clerk/Law Clerk in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at ILBSG part-time

Pros

I could not have asked for a better opportunity to start my career in immigration law. Not many firms can boast having about having a managing partner whose door is literally always open for help or finding answers to your questions. The attorney primarily in charge of supervising the law clerks is a true professional who leads by example. Law clerks at ILBSG are trusted with great responsibility and given hands on experience. This is a great opportunity to learn, while surrounded by exceptional attorneys.

As long as you are punctual and responsive, you will have no problems. The staff is also great. Many of the employees eat lunch together on a daily basis. If you want to be surrounded by hard working professionals, gain great hands on experience, and have a familial vibe at work, I strongly recommend ILBSG.

Cons

None really. If there are any, it is most likely momentary. As long as you stay on top of your responsibilities, are courteous, and prompt then you will be okay. If you fail to do so, then you may run into problems due to the high standards the firm has.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Rewarding, Stimulating Work in an Outstanding Environment"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at ILBSG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at ILBSG for 5 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. As an attorney practicing in a high volume firm, I manage a full caseload at all times with diverse, interesting cases. The work keeps me busy and intellectually stimulated, but never burnt out. This kind of work is so rewarding and I love working somewhere I have the opportunity to work on all sorts of legal matters, helping people from so many different backgrounds. In this regard, I am constantly growing and learning on the job. I also get to work closely with an amazing and capable staff, which makes me a better attorney.

Another benefit of ILBSG is that I don't work insane hours, like so many young attorneys are forced to do. When I do have to put in extra time, I am rewarded for it. This is rare in the law firm environment and definitely the kind of intangible benefit you can't really put a dollar amount on.

In terms of growth opportunities, the partners have always been transparent about the next steps in my career and the potential I have as an attorney to continue growing within the firm. This is a constant conversation, so that I am never left worrying that I will become stagnant or my growth will plateau. Not many workplaces or law firms are so upfront with employees about their growth potential, so I consider this another major benefit.

Overall, I can't recommend ILBSG enough.

Cons

None. If you work hard, carry your fair share of the cases, and work as a contributing member of the team, you will succeed at ILBSG.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Your team appreciates you and wants to make you proud. That's a sign that management is doing exactly what it should be.

3. "It was great!"

I have been working at ILBSG part-time

Pros

Lots of hands on experience, great access to the partners, friendly working environment.

Cons

Some work life balance difficulties, especially during Quota season.

4. "Review on ILBSG"

I have been working at ILBSG full-time

Pros

My time at ILBSG has always been rewarding in many ways. The management strongly believes in giving everyone a chance. I was given that opportunity and worked hard and showed my dedication and commitment. This hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed. I continue to use this opportunity to challenge myself everyday and grow professionally. ILBSG is a great place to work if you are serious, hard worker and focused. You will also have the privilege of working with great ILBSG staff whom i have come to admire and be friends with.

Cons

Be prepared for long hours of work and volume of cases during peak times. But this is common in this line of work.

5. "Positive Working Environment"

Current Employee - Associate Paralegal and Evaluation Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ILBSG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have always found that the office has a friendly demeanor and positive attitude all year round, even through our busiest and most tedious work months. All associates are willing to assist with needs of other employees, and that is teamwork at its finest.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, per se, but be aware that you will encounter foreign individuals with possible language barriers, so just be sure that you are calm and clear with them while communicating, and have patience. If you're encountering a negative client, refer them to the partners; dealing with them yourself will further disrupt the issue at hand.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive atmosphere and encouragement around the office; it makes for an easy, friendly work environment and helps out the employees immensely, even if it is not verbally shown.

6. "My Review on ILBSG"

Pros

The Partners always take Initiative to make sure each and every work of us is done exceptionally well. Management and Co-workers are Very nice, friendly and responsive too. You will be enjoying flexible working hours if you are in ILBSG

Cons

As the company is growing fast, we may need extra space to accommodate future need

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture that has been built over the last 12 years!

7. "Excellent Work Environment and Supporting Pals"

Current Employee - Processing Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Processing Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ILBSG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment and ambience of the place together with professionally competitive pals gives me the feeling of being home at office. The skills possessed by the leads and the management gives an everlasting feeling of professionalism and humane. I loved my work from the day i joined and the feeling is being continued ever since majorly because of the work environment and working etiquettes.

Cons

Have to work for long hours during peak load periods but the reward for the time spent is fruitful and exciting.

Advice to Management

An increase in the number of support staff would result in better quality output even during the peak loads and tight work schedules.

8. "Quickly Growing Company, Some Things to Iron Out"

Pros

Flexible about hours, lots of work so time goes by quickly. Rewarding work, if you are passionate about immigration. Opportunity to work on lots of different kinds of cases and learn a lot.

Cons

Salary is not competitive - hard work often goes unnoticed and unrewarded. Mandatory overtime. Office arrangement is such that you sit close by everyone else, which results in a less than productive environment. Lots of growth in recent years is good, but the office needs to catch up and move to a bigger space.

9. "Very demanding position for any new person"

Pros

Very rewarding experience for job well done.

Cons

Long hours if you want to succeed right off

Advice to Management

keep relating well to employees

10. "Rewarding working with clients."

Former Employee - SBC
    Former Employee - SBC

I worked at ILBSG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ILBSG has a very effective method of generating leads and opportunities.

Cons

ILBSG does not have business ethics.

Advice to Management

Put as much focus into your consulting deliverable as placed in marketing and the company may improve its standing in the market.