IM Flash Technologies Equipment Technician II Reviews | Glassdoor

Equipment Technician II

3.3
Bert Blaha & David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Good pay, benefits, nice place to work (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a joint venture and is highly dependent on Intel and Micron (in 7 reviews)

• The dual CEO model of the Joint Venture makes alignment of priorities difficult at times, but something we just need to work extra hard at overcoming (in 12 reviews)

"This has been a solid company to work for as long as you keep in mind it is a big company and not a mom and pop business"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have half of the year off. I have great medical, dental and vision benefits. There is a good employee recognition program in place. They have a tuition reimbursement program going to help support the employees growth and personal development (as long as it is in line with company interests).

Cons

The shifts are 12 hours plus a little bit. Working inside the fabrication area requires wearing of a head to toe cleanroom jumpsuit and hood with a mask. There is sometimes a really big feel of being an unimportant cog in the machine. There is often a leadership by committee mentality and also a "big government" mentality where people who should be making decisions will not do it without full backing of a larger group or they will enforce programs even when they don't work just because "the boss said we have to so I am telling you to do it."

Advice to Management

Stay open to input for improvements from the floor level and if you are going to shoot something down, at least give it consideration first and then tell the person making the suggestion why the idea was rejected.

"Steer clear of wet process"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

compensation, benefits, time off. on site cafeteria and gym.

Cons

company very strict to guidelines. technicians are not considered to be excelling or "meeting" expectations unless they spend a good deal of time in for OT. Company does not care about work/home balance. Leadership in Wet process area citigates nearly everything.

Advice to Management

care more about taking care of the technicians and MTs than you do about your own advancement.