IM Flash Technologies Maintenance Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Bert Blaha and David Cheffings
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

"Equipment Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Dental, Health, Vision. Regular bonus period, and a good claim for the foundation of an honest culture. Vision of Execution, Integrity, Teamwork, and Commitment. Promotional system has good basis, with items to help prevent a "hateful manager" or "yes-man" from failing or receiving promotion unfairly.

Cons

Completely unreasonable expectations from management. Good ol boy culture is prevalent over their claimed vision. Wearing out kneepads under desks is rewarded more than doing your job and increasing fab throughput. Engineers have a completely different accountability level than Technicians; Engineers can do no wrong and have excuse for ignoring a few of the "values" while Technicians are blasted for not completely agreeing with illogical requests from Engineering.
    PRA (promotion system) is not really followed by spirit. Yes men still get promoted with very little filled out, and managers still put a stop to promotions with no reason for blocking.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting for what people seem, learn WHO the people are that you want to promote, not by what they say, but by what they do and how the people they work with every day think about them. If peers won't work for them, they have stepped on toes, hands, and heads to look better in managements eyes.

Actually follow the PRA system instead of making workers go through it, then claiming they can't be promoted for other obscure reasons like "I don't like how the section is worded" or "my fellow Supervisors don't think you have the skills"

"Maintenance Technician"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and nice people to work wth

Cons

Microscope Management, too many steps in process for promotions. Too many managers in department as opposed to technicians.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, have facts when asking employees questions, not rumor mill. You’re not above everyone else because you are a coward to your supervisors.

"Second-guessing"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The time off is amazing. It has definitely helped my transition from the military. I like the off-hand things the company does like ping-pong tournaments and renting out movie theaters.

Cons

Many people see the "military" as extremely opinionated and strong. Supervisors cancel meetings many times and keep the performance reviews to a minimum.

Advice to Management

Give supervisors a better understanding of what ethics are. I have had unethical decisions made on my behalf and career that are completely wrong. And I cannot say anything because I was threatened I would be put on a performance improvement plan.

"Work for IM Flash Technologies only if you want to live in Utah"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician II in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician II in Lehi, UT

Pros

Rotating work schedule. 12 hr shifts, work 4 day one week be off for 3 days, work 3 days following week be off for 4 days.

Cons

The "good old boys club". Degrees from some technical schools are not recognized. Years of experience are not consider. Salary compesantion is below compare to other companies in the same field i.e. IM Flash does not pay differential to hourly employees for working rotating and night shift.

Advice to Management

I would fire them