IM Flash Technologies Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2019

Found 11 reviews

3.7
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

"Fantastic company with lots of opportunities"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company, fast paced, lots of great leaders, awesome coworkers, great facilities (open offices, large cafeteria, gym, medical center, fields, etc)

Cons

Can be stressful, in much smaller numbers but still some poor leaders, super bureaucratic - it takes a long time to change anything except on the actual product.

Advice to Management

Understand that you're not always communicating everything you think you are to employees. Small groups know and are excited about new technology but the majority are just waiting for something to happen.

IM Flash Technologies2015-06-03
  2. "Great Bonuses"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is good. Bonuses have been great. Benefits are ok. Challenging environment.

Cons

Situation with parent companies has caused issues with vision for the company

Advice to Management

Drive to single vision for the site

IM Flash Technologies2019-07-31
  3. "Great Culture"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company goes out of it's way to make all employees an important part of decisions. Great culture and very good pay for the area. Your advancement is only limited by what you can learn and do.

Cons

Going through a period of change and Micron is taking over. Good amount of uncertainty

Advice to Management

Continue to be as transparent as possible.

IM Flash Technologies2019-03-08
  4. "Joint Venture is going away"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid company and exciting technology

Cons

Management has a difficult time understanding the direction of the company. The joint venture is splitting up. Micron will own it longer term.

Advice to Management

Get employees focused on the future.

IM Flash Technologies2019-02-12

"Finance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great coworkers, great opportunities to develop, work life balance

Cons

Limited and slow career path. Chaos and uncertainty of joint venture. Finance doesn’t have the same clout as in other companies to drive strategy and decisions. Forced diversity. I was in a meeting where they were talking about a mentorship program, and the HR rep said everyone was eligible except white males.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities, and a better career path. Hire and promote based off of merit not race or gender.

IM Flash Technologies2018-05-18
  6. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast environment, leading edge technology.

Cons

Supporting groups (outside of the Fab and engineering) don't allow for a lot of movement.

IM Flash Technologies2018-04-18

"IM Flash was driven and exciting until the Scientists took over. The current executives are very busy but distracted."

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vacation/leave, paternity leave, 401k, on salary Most team members are approachable and fun to work with Utah mountains offer great outdoor recreation activities

Cons

Parking can be a 15 minute walk to the desk with insufficient handicapped spaces No cell coverage while on site Managers promoted based on internal politics and supervision skills while leadership skills are considered "nice to have" leaving the company with very little vision or unity Mandatory shift rotations can make it difficult to coordinate child care, pets, and life outside work Cost cutting examples used recently...

Advice to Management

Own the message and look forward.

IM Flash Technologies2017-09-03
  8. "Great Company and Great Core Value"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is one of the most high tech companies to work in the world. Very challening and rewarding culture. Some of the brightest engineers I have worked with in the industry.

Cons

IM Flash is a joint venture between Intel and Micron and lacks the brand value as Intel or Micron. This is a very competitive industry so we have seen some ups and downs with the macro economic cycles.

Advice to Management

Company has a really cool HR manager. He has continued to make IM Flash a cool company to work for. Proud of upper level managers for thier accessibility and new initiatives focused on people. We are recently getting new CEO directly from Micron. I hope he embraces IM Flash core values

IM Flash Technologies2014-10-06

"Decent Job, tough to build a Career"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, competitive pay, very generous time off, decent and mostly reliable bonuses. Work is challenging, fast paced, and varied/interesting. It is a great job and works well for work/life balance.

Cons

Advancement/raises are difficult to get -- requires employee to complete a cumbersome justification document and then justify it to their manager to get advanced within their current position (feels like it's intentionally made difficult to get advanced). There is not a lot of opportunity to advance upward into new positions and the advancement that does occur is often given to those that are insiders to the former...

Advice to Management

Re-vamp the promotion/advancement process so that employees don't have to feel like they are writing and defending their doctoral dissertation to get a raise or promotion. Supervisors should have discretion to make advancements for high performers without having to go through this process or making it completely incumbent on the employee to make it happen. Work to open up more career advancement opportunities for people.

IM Flash Technologies2014-10-09

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The cross-team collaboration is excellent. I can work with people in any department to resolve issues. The technology is fascinating and the compensation is very good. I am consistently challenged in my job and am always learning more about the technology that we create. Boredom has never been an issue in my 7+ years of working here. Senior management does care about the people and works hard to help employees progress.

Cons

As a manager, I think work/life balance sometimes gets thrown off because there's always more work to do and there's a lot of pressure to deliver results quickly on many fronts.

Advice to Management

Too many WIG's. Each team/department needs 1-2 top priorities. Too many top priorities makes it tough to achieve any of them.

IM Flash Technologies2014-09-27