IM Flash Technologies Process Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Good pay if you get the opportunity to advance (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab (in 8 reviews)

• IM Flash is a joint venture between Intel and Micron (in 13 reviews)

1. "Not Bad"

Former Employee - Process Engineer
    Former Employee - Process Engineer

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Work/ Life balance
    Easy to standout among peers
    Good pay
    Most managers are good

Cons

Too relaxed and complacent with deadlines, expectations and goals. Allows people who are poor performers to get by.
    Tiered promotion scale hits a ceiling at certain levels.
    Company culture can encourage people to become complacent and lack motivation to push themselves.

Advice to Management

Push your employees and do not accept excuses and missed deadlines.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work, lots of hard problems to solve. My management is fairly hands off and I can usually prioritize to what I see needs priority. Not all management is like this however.

Cons

Documentation and training need improvement. A lot of upper level management is very political

"Cost Reductions and Looking for Interns"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Salary and benefits with a rewards program for healthy living. Recently opened a Gym and work out area. Yearly employee

Cons

Increasing pressure to speed up process transfers and development with a more intense focus on cutting costs. Recently let go long time employees that helped build company for cost reduction reasons.

Advice to Management

Cutting costs by letting go those who built the company does not build trust in your remaining employees.

"Engineer at IMFlash"

Former Employee - Process Control Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Control Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment where you will work with cutting edge technology. People are generally friendly and salaries are competitive

Cons

The company initially put a lot of effort into building a great work environment where you were proud to come to work and see the fruits of your labors. Due to recent upper management decisions, that work environment has gone to one where people only look out for number 1. I prefer a team oriented environment, and this sadly is no longer it

Advice to Management

Recent layoffs cut some great talent. This is unavoidable and even understandable. If I had been honest with myself, I should have seen this coming as the company was becoming middle management heavy. Many groups are just too big and meaningful projects are too few and far between.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

Pros

IM Flash has a great focus on values, safety, and work/life balance. Compensation is pretty good and lots of opportunity for promotion.

Cons

Graveyard Shift was rough. Not for me. Thankfully only has 2 rotations before moving to a new schedule.

"Where careers go to die"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people, interesting problems, cool technology. They have a great continuing education program onsite for people to brush up on a variety of topics. They also have a great continuing education program for MBAs.

Cons

Very ridged. Pay isn't merit based, but based on fairness. Too much red tape. It takes near executive level to get anything significant accomplished. Culture promotes a B player environment because of the rigidity and compensation inflexibility. The good people leave, no worries, the org is steadily backfilled with young and dumb college grads that are looking for their first job.

Advice to Management

Make the right decisions for the sake of the company not your career. I felt like too many decisions were political, based on future promotability. A lack of risk taking. This company is slow to adopt new technologies and doesn't enable it's engineers to succeed to their full potentials. Every manager should run their teams based on what they think is best. If they get burned doing what is right there are plenty of jobs out there willing to throw more money at those types of individuals who are willing to go against the grain for the greater good.

"IM Flash is a great company, however, I felt that my internship was at a bad time for the department I was with."

Former Intern - Process Engineering Intern in Lehi, UT
    Former Intern - Process Engineering Intern in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent people to work with and they really give you an opportunity to apply your education to come up with new ideas.
    A great atmosphere for continued learning.
    Competitive pay/benefits.
    Stable working environment.

Cons

Mentorship program for interns lacked direction and focus, which I believe in turn led to management being uninterested in my project.
    Working too hard can be seen negatively.
    Not the best environment if you like to work quietly and individually.

Advice to Management

Invest more time into your interns' success and learning, don't just leave it to the mentors.

"I am very happy here (and it seems like everyone else is too)."

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an awesome company. I accepted this job right out of college and couldn't be happier with my decision. The people at work are very easy to get along with because of how the company hires. It hires only people that fit the values based culture (which is a big part of the company). It was very easy to make friends with coworkers here. I am well compensated for my time (better per hour than friends who went to top petroleum/chemical companies). We are showered with time off. I enjoy being at work.

The company is also very stable with Intel and Micron backing it. They bring both the need to change and adapt but also the stability and advancement of Intel.

Cons

This is a faster paced environment with a lot of changes in technology. If you are looking for a company where you can settle down and not do much, this is probably not the best for you. If you are into learning and growing with technology this could be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

If there were anything to say I would say it but you are already doing great in always taking the pulse of the company and driving improvement.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Oct 10, 2014 – Marketing and Communications

We're glad you're enjoying your time at IM Flash! Thanks for the review.

9. "Good place to build a career"

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance in the company and these opportunities are made readily available

Cons

Shift work, can be more of a "turn the crank" job rather than requiring creativity etc.

"Great place to work if you love filling out Excel spreadsheets"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay for the area, decent benefits though the medical coverage is getting worse over time

Cons

Large focus on "project management" to solve problems led by people who couldn't solve their way out of a paper bag. The company has failed to hire enough engineers that can actually solve problems so they have tried to create a paint by number approach to engineering which mainly involves filling out spreadsheets to see if you can figure out the problem, but which rarely works.

Advice to Management

Stop the business fad of the month club approach to management (KT, 5 Why's, Project Management, FMEA, WIGS) and start letting engineers actually solve problems. If you hired an engineer who can't actually solve a problem without some ridiculous spreadsheet and a paint by number approach to solving problems, then fire that engineer and bring in a real engineer.