IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I am blessed with an awesome work life balance and the company offers some pretty decent perks" (in 25 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Process integration module ownet"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for freshest
    Friendly and amazing work culture
    Opportunity to Own difficult problems and solving them
    Pre defined way to move up the ladder
    No micromanagement

Cons

Pay not very competitive after you have worked for some years

"Equipment Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Dental, Health, Vision. Regular bonus period, and a good claim for the foundation of an honest culture. Vision of Execution, Integrity, Teamwork, and Commitment. Promotional system has good basis, with items to help prevent a "hateful manager" or "yes-man" from failing or receiving promotion unfairly.

Cons

Completely unreasonable expectations from management. Good ol boy culture is prevalent over their claimed vision. Wearing out kneepads under desks is rewarded more than doing your job and increasing fab throughput. Engineers have a completely different accountability level than Technicians; Engineers can do no wrong and have excuse for ignoring a few of the "values" while Technicians are blasted for not completely agreeing with illogical requests from Engineering.
    PRA (promotion system) is not really followed by spirit. Yes men still get promoted with very little filled out, and managers still put a stop to promotions with no reason for blocking.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting for what people seem, learn WHO the people are that you want to promote, not by what they say, but by what they do and how the people they work with every day think about them. If peers won't work for them, they have stepped on toes, hands, and heads to look better in managements eyes.

Actually follow the PRA system instead of making workers go through it, then claiming they can't be promoted for other obscure reasons like "I don't like how the section is worded" or "my fellow Supervisors don't think you have the skills"

3. "Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Challenging and interesting work. Good in house training. Opportunity for advancement and to do side projects and experiments if justified. Educational reimbursement. Performance monitoring is appropriate, and scheduling was reasonably flexible in my role.

Cons

Management can be tone deaf to needs of nigh shift workers..i.e. asking them to come in for meetings, etc during their sleeping hours.

Advice to Management

Allow process engineers and some other roles to telecommute a couple of days a week. You'll improve their quality of life, reduce traffic bottlenecks, and likely get more productivity if managed correctly.
    Do not ask someone working 4-12 hour night shifts in a row to come in for a 10am meeting and expect them not to fall asleep at the wheel

4. "Great place overall"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Very generous paid time off. Great benefits

Cons

Difficult to move up in position.

"I don't see all the cons..."

Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say that I have experienced most of the cons stated. My career at IM Flash has been what I have put into it. I work hard, I speak my mind, I hold myself and others accountable. As a result I have been fortunate enough to have managers and supervisors who have valued what I have to offer. I came to IMFT as a T3, but I do understand the frustration from some Technicians. Also, all of my projects have been to fix the things I complained about. So, OT wasn't an issue. I am blessed with an awesome work life balance and the company offers some pretty decent perks. I swear... I am not HR. Not everything has gone my way, I have been told "No" on more than one occasion. I think folks need to manage their expectations.

Cons

Again... not everything has gone my way. But my biggest issue is the technicians that cry wolf but spend nightshift watching youtube while tools sit red. The techs that signed on to do a job, THE job they got hired to do, the job they agreed to receive pay for doing, yet don't. Like... sitting at their desk refusing to go into the cleanroom because they hate gowning...yet are an equipment tech. So that's a real con. Because if I am doing your job... when do I have time to do my own?

Advice to Management

RIF or job re assignments. If a tech cannot perform the basic duties of a Tech and enjoy spending their time socializing... send them to the ROC.

"IM Flash Technologies"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IMFT persists at the cutting edge of semiconductor manufacturing technology and this provides ample excitement knowing that you are participating in the future of computing.

Cons

IMFT has consistently deployment multiple corporate culture programs such as TPM, 6S, Crucial Accountability, Speed of Trust, and IDEAS but it has failed to adhere on stated goals or principles outlined in these programs at multiple levels. This has lead confusion, frustration, and a general lack of direction in the fab. Protocols set forth by these programs are frequently re-interpreted or outright violated for the sake of convenience when they illumine the very issues they are designed to address.

IMFT has become lax in its approach to training and ensuring its technicians are ready to address the most complex issues manifesting in the newest generation of its selected manufacturing equipment. Back in 2006, the first hired technicians were given technical training out-of-state and it was received from the vendors. Fast forward to 2018 and the best that is being offered is spot training from new hires acquired from the equipment vendor companies. Couple this with metrics that inaccurately reflect shift readiness due to it being tied to grossly incomplete documentation and a sink or swim culture has resulted wherein certifications are often vacuous as a result of due dates being attached to tasks that have not or are rarely executed.

Advice to Management

Perform higher-level, thorough audits. Ensure that any deployed program is being properly implemented and adhered to so that those people doing the work can execute consistently to the deliverables.

Do not "spin" shift readiness for the sake of falsely "achieving" a goal. Readiness cannot, in isolation, be captured solely on the basis of being certified on documents that 1) do not and cannot realistically cover the bulk of repair scenarios and 2) cover tasks that have not actually been performed by the certifying individual.

7. "Finance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great opportunities to develop, work life balance

Cons

Limited and slow career path. Chaos and uncertainty of joint venture. Finance doesn’t have the same clout as in other companies to drive strategy and decisions. Forced diversity. I was in a meeting where they were talking about a mentorship program, and the HR rep said everyone was eligible except white males.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities, and a better career path. Hire and promote based off of merit not race or gender.

8. "Good company to work"

Current Employee - Process Integration Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Integration Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good culture, good people and work life balance

Cons

pay raise is slow and

9. "Excellent employeer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, career development, culture, core values, compensation

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

10. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast environment, leading edge technology.

Cons

Supporting groups (outside of the Fab and engineering) don't allow for a lot of movement.