IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2019

3.5
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good culture, good people and work life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be improved" (in 8 reviews)

"Hey"

Former Employee - Housekeeping Aide in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Aide in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s cool place to work at

Cons

The pay isn’t good

Advice to Management

Good job with new employees

2. "not bad"

Current Employee - Equipment Operator
    Current Employee - Equipment Operator

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, work-life balance, low cost medical

Cons

management doesn't support core values as communicated to employees

3. "Joint Venture is going away"

Current Employee - Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid company and exciting technology

Cons

Management has a difficult time understanding the direction of the company. The joint venture is splitting up. Micron will own it longer term.

Advice to Management

Get employees focused on the future.

"Good pay and that's about it..."

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits but that's about all the good things I can say.

Cons

Management, career growth, work life balance....

If you work shift work you will have to work nights every 4 months which can get pretty hard on the body especially if you are constantly rotating back to a day schedule on your days off. If you work M-F 8 to 5pm you will most likely because a slave to your job with little to no flexibility in your schedule. You will also spend at least 50% of your day in useless meeting where 90% of the people in the meeting are just starting at their laptop. When you finally get some work done just make sure not to mess up because you will never hear something like "good job" or "nice work today". You will only hear something when you mess up and they are telling you. Also, do expect to move up in company unless you have a friend in high places because this is one of the most bias places I have ever worked. On paper everything looks good and legal to HR but behind the sense they pull some shading stuff. Overall, just know that nepotism is high and moral is low.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop giving perfect HR responses in ATM to questions yet never actually answering half the questions or changing anyhing.....Most common response to a question in the ATM is always "Thanks for the questions, we are aware of this issue and working on it"

5. "Its been a great company so far."

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Team environment, commitment. Nothing really to complain about.

Cons

I can't think of any major con's.

6. "Engineer"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Great culture. Great people. Challenging.

Cons

Hard work. More tasks to perform than time. Challenging. Must prioritize what is most important to finish.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at IM Flash since the company started up in 2006. I have enjoyed the unique culture that I have found in the company. When the company started, there was a conscious effort to define the values, and hire talented individuals that fit the values.

Cons

The work is challenging and can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

As the company transitions to Micron ownership, make sure that we retain the site values.

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance,People focused

Cons

Add color to workplace, too serious compared to neighboring companies, less accountability at top management, values don't seem to apply at top level, good old boy club culture in some departments, HR almost has no power.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Cutting edge and super fast paced work environment. Hard work is rewarded. Great benefits.

Cons

Not any I can think off.

"Lot's of potential, but mostly falls short"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part the people that work here are great. Everyone has the best intentions and I have rarely seen any conflict. There is none of that petty stuff going on here.

Cons

The work isn’t exactly exciting, or interesting, or challenging. There is a single organization on site where all the glorious stuff goes, and it’s made up of non-IMFT employees. The rest of us get relegated to the doldrums. If you like monotonous and easy work, looking at charts, reading emails, and reporting (a lot) this is a great opportunity. The pay is impressive for the mind-numbing work. But if you expect any engagement on your growth as an employee, or to be pushed to your best, you’re probably going to come up wanting.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of things working against this company right now. The organization here is a complete mess. There are a ton of people here who are trying to do a good work, but there are so many different people working on the same things, so much confusion, and so many management layers, that it has become near impossible to get anything done. On as average day I probably spend 50% of my time just trying to figure out who is working on what and what I should be working on, another 30% just trying to read a ridiculous amount of emails, and maybe, if I’m lucky 20% of my time goes to actually getting something done, assuming I haven’t found that someone else has done it already, since no one in management talks to each other. I’ve never worked at a company that seems so determined to work against itself and its own success.
    One or two things wrong with a company are acceptable and can be worked with, but on top of all this the future of this company is now completely uncertain. The parent companies are splitting up and this place is caught in the middle. The doors could be closed on this place next year for all we know. They’re trying to entice people to stay, but with that kind of uncertainty, it’s hard to stick around. It’s clear there is no safety here anymore.
    Bottom line, if you want a job where you get paid well, don’t have to accomplish much, and don’t mind not knowing if your job is going to end at any time, this is a great place. If you want to do great things, grow and be your best, and make an actual difference at your workplace, I would probably look for something else.