IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good culture, good people and work life balance" (in 25 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Manufacturing environment can get busy

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Cutting edge and super fast paced work environment. Hard work is rewarded. Great benefits.

Cons

Not any I can think off.

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Good compensation
    - Great location
    - Good coworkers
    - Interesting work
    - Company actively striving to improve, recognize priorities of its employees

Cons

- Difficult to navigate promotions
    - High stress
    - Some negative management politics

Advice to Management

Make a greater effort to recognize contributions and capabilities of employees, be more actively engaged in helping pursue career goals and advancements.

"Process Owner"

Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Onsite health clinic, onsite gym, 5% 401k matching, HSA contribution.

Cons

Conflicting priorities between parent companies leads to systematic breakdown in communication and lack of direction. No idea what the priorities are and they change constantly. Work with multiple teams with separate objectives and no one has any idea what to prioritize or why. Projects get delayed because teams can’t organize the people they need because they’re split between ten other projects.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with what’s happening with the direction of the company. Communicate line of sight better. Managers need to understand the engineering work better and also should be able to explain to the engineers what they are working on and why. Shouldn’t have to report to separate managers and waste time providing updates in meetings because managers don’t know how to do their job effectively.

5. "Better Options"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

They pay well and have good benefits.

Cons

There are better options in Lehi. Don't place your future in Micron's hands.

Advice to Management

You're not good.

"Equipment Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Dental, Health, Vision. Regular bonus period, and a good claim for the foundation of an honest culture. Vision of Execution, Integrity, Teamwork, and Commitment. Promotional system has good basis, with items to help prevent a "hateful manager" or "yes-man" from failing or receiving promotion unfairly.

Cons

Completely unreasonable expectations from management. Good ol boy culture is prevalent over their claimed vision. Wearing out kneepads under desks is rewarded more than doing your job and increasing fab throughput. Engineers have a completely different accountability level than Technicians; Engineers can do no wrong and have excuse for ignoring a few of the "values" while Technicians are blasted for not completely agreeing with illogical requests from Engineering.
    PRA (promotion system) is not really followed by spirit. Yes men still get promoted with very little filled out, and managers still put a stop to promotions with no reason for blocking.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting for what people seem, learn WHO the people are that you want to promote, not by what they say, but by what they do and how the people they work with every day think about them. If peers won't work for them, they have stepped on toes, hands, and heads to look better in managements eyes.

Actually follow the PRA system instead of making workers go through it, then claiming they can't be promoted for other obscure reasons like "I don't like how the section is worded" or "my fellow Supervisors don't think you have the skills"

7. "Process integration module ownet"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for freshest
    Friendly and amazing work culture
    Opportunity to Own difficult problems and solving them
    Pre defined way to move up the ladder
    No micromanagement

Cons

Pay not very competitive after you have worked for some years

8. "Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Challenging and interesting work. Good in house training. Opportunity for advancement and to do side projects and experiments if justified. Educational reimbursement. Performance monitoring is appropriate, and scheduling was reasonably flexible in my role.

Cons

Management can be tone deaf to needs of nigh shift workers..i.e. asking them to come in for meetings, etc during their sleeping hours.

Advice to Management

Allow process engineers and some other roles to telecommute a couple of days a week. You'll improve their quality of life, reduce traffic bottlenecks, and likely get more productivity if managed correctly.
    Do not ask someone working 4-12 hour night shifts in a row to come in for a 10am meeting and expect them not to fall asleep at the wheel

9. "Great place overall"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Very generous paid time off. Great benefits

Cons

Difficult to move up in position.

"I don't see all the cons..."

Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say that I have experienced most of the cons stated. My career at IM Flash has been what I have put into it. I work hard, I speak my mind, I hold myself and others accountable. As a result I have been fortunate enough to have managers and supervisors who have valued what I have to offer. I came to IMFT as a T3, but I do understand the frustration from some Technicians. Also, all of my projects have been to fix the things I complained about. So, OT wasn't an issue. I am blessed with an awesome work life balance and the company offers some pretty decent perks. I swear... I am not HR. Not everything has gone my way, I have been told "No" on more than one occasion. I think folks need to manage their expectations.

Cons

Again... not everything has gone my way. But my biggest issue is the technicians that cry wolf but spend nightshift watching youtube while tools sit red. The techs that signed on to do a job, THE job they got hired to do, the job they agreed to receive pay for doing, yet don't. Like... sitting at their desk refusing to go into the cleanroom because they hate gowning...yet are an equipment tech. So that's a real con. Because if I am doing your job... when do I have time to do my own?

Advice to Management

RIF or job re assignments. If a tech cannot perform the basic duties of a Tech and enjoy spending their time socializing... send them to the ROC.