IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Bert Blaha & David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Good pay, benefits, nice place to work (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a joint venture and is highly dependent on Intel and Micron (in 7 reviews)

• The dual CEO model of the Joint Venture makes alignment of priorities difficult at times, but something we just need to work extra hard at overcoming (in 12 reviews)

"Outstanding place to work, but with risks because of Joint Venture nature and failing Intel-Micron relationship."

Former Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Industrial Engineer in Lehi, UT

Pros

Excellent management and people-centric approach to achieving outstanding results. Focuses on the critical few metrics for NAND fab manufacturing & excels at them. Respects employees and trust sthem to make the right choices.

Cons

Joint Venture between Intel and Micron is a marriage made in purgatory, neither heaven nor hell but contracted for 10 years! One parent company is an arrogant cash cow with unclear intentions & the other is a cash-starved low-cost memory maker with cowboy management. The two companies are competitors in the NAND marketplace and obviously aren't honest with one another in their joint management meetings, leading to failed strategic decision making for IM Flash. This is evidenced by the IM Flash Singapore fab...delayed at least 3 times, and then ultimately "put on ice" for 3 years and 800+ employees laid off.

Advice to Management

IM Flash management is outstanding, best I've seen in 12 years in semiconductors. Intel & Micron management need to heal their NAND relationship and work together to survive the extremely difficult NAND environment.

2. "IM Flash Technologies"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

Pros

Great management, very accomidating to military reservists

Cons

12 hour swing shift work

Advice to Management

none

"Cultural and technology leader in NAND"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Absolutely the best work life balance in the industry
    NAND technology leader
    positive culture, never any finger pointing
    Great place to work
    Low cost of living, low crime

Cons

sometimes it helps to be part of the good old boys club (from Micron Boise)

4. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Pros

Lives the core values of integrity, execution, teamwork, and commitment. Not just words on the walls.

Cons

Do not support a good work life balance for working parents.

"Great Company, True to Values"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Set of core values drives decision making at almost all levels, consistent message in decisions.
    Focus on health and wellness of employees
    Good pay and bonus structure
    Great benefits
    Great co-workers

Cons

The drive for teamwork sometimes allows people to escape accountability
    There can be an attitude that if you're not working 60 - 70 hours per week, you're not committed

Advice to Management

Continue to drive values based decisions
    Focus more on work/life balance

"Leading technology, Great Industry, Great People"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people to work with, values are practiced, technology is leading edge, lots of advancement opportunities

Cons

Sometimes policies are driven by Micron's profitability, which goes up and down with the economy of the industry.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company values that are actually practiced, not just posted on the wall. Managment -workforce trust level is very high. Exciting developments and good oportunity for advancement.

Cons

Annual pay increase based on mean salery of comparible industries. If your pay is above the mean...no raises, not even for cost of living.

"Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation policy, competitive salaries, the company and workplace culture is fantastic, leading edge of technology processes. This company is a great place to work. The HR department is fantastic to work with as a supervisor. The decisions they make are very data driven, which is nice for those of us in engineering roles.

Cons

Can be very fast paced, which is not for everyone

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Best place to work EVER."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company values the employees' talents and contributions, and it shows. You can make what you want of your career at IM Flash, and as long as your ambitions are aligned with the company's Core Values, you will receive all the support you need.

Cons

The semiconductor industry is extremely competitive and the cyclical nature is a fact that must be dealt with on occasion. When times are good, they're great...when times are bad, the team pulls together and does what is necessary to weather the storm so that we can make it through and remain at the top of our game.
    Secondly, change is the single most constant factor in this business. If you are unwilling to adapt, evolve and grow, you will not thrive or survive at IM Flash. The company will not survive if it doesn't adapt, evolve and grow either, so it's natural that the team members must embrace this factor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your transparency, focus on nurturing team members' talents, and respect for employees at ALL levels earns you respect in return, and a team that is eager to work together to maintain and achieve further greatness.

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the people. Everyone's situation is different, and not everyone thrives in every environment. This company pays a great wage at every level and values their employees. I started at an entry level position and over the years have learned that you get out what you're willing to put in. Opportunity is something that is earned.

It's a company that when someone speaks negatively of, you will always default to the side of the company. WE are the company.

I have children, and my hope is that they, too, will get to be a part of this company. That pretty much says it all.

Cons

The semiconductor market is rough, and the memory market is brutal. Flash memory, our only product, has been more stable. We are closely connected to our primary parent and our bonus compensation can often fluctuate with the performance of the parent company and the success of markets outside of our own.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on what you have always focused on. Perfection is a target that will never be reached, and even the smartest people I know (and I can honestly say that our CEO is the smartest person I've ever known) make mistakes.