IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good culture, good people and work life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance,People focused

Cons

Add color to workplace, too serious compared to neighboring companies, less accountability at top management, values don't seem to apply at top level, good old boy club culture in some departments, HR almost has no power.

2. "Lot's of potential, but mostly falls short"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part the people that work here are great. Everyone has the best intentions and I have rarely seen any conflict. There is none of that petty stuff going on here.

Cons

The work isn’t exactly exciting, or interesting, or challenging. There is a single organization on site where all the glorious stuff goes, and it’s made up of non-IMFT employees. The rest of us get relegated to the doldrums. If you like monotonous and easy work, looking at charts, reading emails, and reporting (a lot) this is a great opportunity. The pay is impressive for the mind-numbing work. But if you expect any engagement on your growth as an employee, or to be pushed to your best, you’re probably going to come up wanting.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of things working against this company right now. The organization here is a complete mess. There are a ton of people here who are trying to do a good work, but there are so many different people working on the same things, so much confusion, and so many management layers, that it has become near impossible to get anything done. On as average day I probably spend 50% of my time just trying to figure out who is working on what and what I should be working on, another 30% just trying to read a ridiculous amount of emails, and maybe, if I’m lucky 20% of my time goes to actually getting something done, assuming I haven’t found that someone else has done it already, since no one in management talks to each other. I’ve never worked at a company that seems so determined to work against itself and its own success.
    One or two things wrong with a company are acceptable and can be worked with, but on top of all this the future of this company is now completely uncertain. The parent companies are splitting up and this place is caught in the middle. The doors could be closed on this place next year for all we know. They’re trying to entice people to stay, but with that kind of uncertainty, it’s hard to stick around. It’s clear there is no safety here anymore.
    Bottom line, if you want a job where you get paid well, don’t have to accomplish much, and don’t mind not knowing if your job is going to end at any time, this is a great place. If you want to do great things, grow and be your best, and make an actual difference at your workplace, I would probably look for something else.

3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Cutting edge and super fast paced work environment. Hard work is rewarded. Great benefits.

Cons

Not any I can think off.

"Process Owner"

Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Onsite health clinic, onsite gym, 5% 401k matching, HSA contribution.

Cons

Conflicting priorities between parent companies leads to systematic breakdown in communication and lack of direction. No idea what the priorities are and they change constantly. Work with multiple teams with separate objectives and no one has any idea what to prioritize or why. Projects get delayed because teams can’t organize the people they need because they’re split between ten other projects.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with what’s happening with the direction of the company. Communicate line of sight better. Managers need to understand the engineering work better and also should be able to explain to the engineers what they are working on and why. Shouldn’t have to report to separate managers and waste time providing updates in meetings because managers don’t know how to do their job effectively.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Good compensation
    - Great location
    - Good coworkers
    - Interesting work
    - Company actively striving to improve, recognize priorities of its employees

Cons

- Difficult to navigate promotions
    - High stress
    - Some negative management politics

Advice to Management

Make a greater effort to recognize contributions and capabilities of employees, be more actively engaged in helping pursue career goals and advancements.

6. "Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Manufacturing environment can get busy

"Better Options"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

They pay well and have good benefits.

Cons

There are better options in Lehi. Don't place your future in Micron's hands.

Advice to Management

You're not good.

"Equipment Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Dental, Health, Vision. Regular bonus period, and a good claim for the foundation of an honest culture. Vision of Execution, Integrity, Teamwork, and Commitment. Promotional system has good basis, with items to help prevent a "hateful manager" or "yes-man" from failing or receiving promotion unfairly.

Cons

Completely unreasonable expectations from management. Good ol boy culture is prevalent over their claimed vision. Wearing out kneepads under desks is rewarded more than doing your job and increasing fab throughput. Engineers have a completely different accountability level than Technicians; Engineers can do no wrong and have excuse for ignoring a few of the "values" while Technicians are blasted for not completely agreeing with illogical requests from Engineering.
    PRA (promotion system) is not really followed by spirit. Yes men still get promoted with very little filled out, and managers still put a stop to promotions with no reason for blocking.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting for what people seem, learn WHO the people are that you want to promote, not by what they say, but by what they do and how the people they work with every day think about them. If peers won't work for them, they have stepped on toes, hands, and heads to look better in managements eyes.

Actually follow the PRA system instead of making workers go through it, then claiming they can't be promoted for other obscure reasons like "I don't like how the section is worded" or "my fellow Supervisors don't think you have the skills"

9. "Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Challenging and interesting work. Good in house training. Opportunity for advancement and to do side projects and experiments if justified. Educational reimbursement. Performance monitoring is appropriate, and scheduling was reasonably flexible in my role.

Cons

Management can be tone deaf to needs of nigh shift workers..i.e. asking them to come in for meetings, etc during their sleeping hours.

Advice to Management

Allow process engineers and some other roles to telecommute a couple of days a week. You'll improve their quality of life, reduce traffic bottlenecks, and likely get more productivity if managed correctly.
    Do not ask someone working 4-12 hour night shifts in a row to come in for a 10am meeting and expect them not to fall asleep at the wheel

10. "Process integration module ownet"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for freshest
    Friendly and amazing work culture
    Opportunity to Own difficult problems and solving them
    Pre defined way to move up the ladder
    No micromanagement

Cons

Pay not very competitive after you have worked for some years