IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated April 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance (at least shift work and as long as you don't mind 4 months of night shift at a time) (in 21 reviews)

• Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab (in 8 reviews)

• IM Flash is a joint venture between Intel and Micron (in 13 reviews)

"Fantastic Company, Pathetic Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IM Flash is an overall great company! HR works hard to make the company a great place to work! If it weren't for the horrible management teams, HR could succeed at making IM Flash an amazing place to work. IM Flash pays well and provides nice bonuses and great employee perks.

Cons

IM Flash has one of the worst management teams I've seen. I've worked at 12 different employers in my career, including many corporate companies as well as a few small businesses. IM Flash has perhaps the worst management team I've ever witnessed. They promote managers based on technical and product knowledge, not management skills. Their management team has NO people management talent. Thus, most employees hate their manager and hate their job.

Advice to Management

Read the book, 'First, Break All The Rules' and follow its advice. IM Flash's only current hope for making it a great place to work is that they currently have 2 amazing CEO's. Dave C & Bert B are 2 of the best CEO's I've seen. They were relatively new to their role when writing this review, so time well tell if they can clean out the horrible crop of managers that have infiltrated IM Flash.

"Great innovation, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees were good people, fun to talk with, and meet. On site cafeteria that was decent, training courses available to increase knowledge, and good training program. I really enjoyed worked here and would be still if it was not for the manager I had. She was a joke, played favorites, never worked with the team, was dishonest, back dated documents, set up several teammates and had them terminated. She was willing to do anything to get her self promoted, which I found out after leaving she now runs the place. Which is scary as heck for those employed.

Cons

By far one of the worst management teams i have seen or worked for in my entire life. Management spends not time developing staff, just sitting up stairs in cubicles, when they do come down, it is one a day for meetings, maybe twice a day if they want to set up and employee who is not working out to be terminated. My manager was poor at communicating verbally and in writing, lacked leadership experience, choosing to manage by fear, placing employees on write ups based on other employee accusations that are loosely based on truth or purely fabricated.

Advice to Management

Show empathy to others, walk a mile in someones shoes, do the work to train your staff, see them develop, the right way instead of your Game of Thrones take down of employees mentality.

"Manufacturing Associate"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. I enjoy the people and teams I've worked with of the past 7yrs.

Cons

Positions and titles change rapidly so advancing a career becomes challenging unless you have an engineering degree or higher.

Advice to Management

Restructuring the company at the rate technology changes (Moore's Law) doesn't benefit the moral of the workers. Technology may change every 18 months but positions and ranking of workers shouldn't alter at that same rate. The training is set up for 1-2years of work to progress yet the positions disappear before the training can be completed.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay if you get the opportunity to advance. Benefits, medical, dental,401k match. Management can be good if you part of their good buddy club. Your co-workers, for the most part, are great people.

Cons

When you work for a terrible manager or supervisor your life is miserable. You have to write a book to get promoted. This place reminds me of the military because they have their own NKO training and many other things. The career path for technicians basically doesn't exist, except for those that are always hanging around with management. You stay a tech or you leave the company. They always talking about the company's core values, but the company itself does not follow them. Training doesn't exist for the job that you get hired to do. Your sleep gets so bad, you work 4 months during the day and then you switch to nights for 4 month

Advice to Management

Take care of your techs because they do a lot for this company. If you treat people like dirt, they will leave.

"Manufacturing engineering"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work-life balance, allow you great opportunities to get involved with your coworkers outside of work. management is dedicated and hardworking, providing endless support and guidance for growth potential.

Cons

Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab. undervalue careers outside of engineering. male dominated and 24/7 business

Advice to Management

technical skills are not the only education that are needed for success

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Great culture, centered on company values of teamwork, integrity, execution, and commitment. Cutting edge technology, amazing people.

Cons

Less focus on keeping company culture a "great place to work" while expanding the facility for 3DXP

"Tech"

Former Employee - Tech in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Tech in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good if you get opportunity. Benefits(medical,dental,401k match). Management can be good if you get the right people. Your peers are for the most part good people. The CEO's seem like great people who are really doing their best to make the company succeed. Bottom line is if you are smart and like money/benefits over job satisfaction than this is the place for you!

Cons

If you work for a bad manager or supervisor your life will be hell. You have to write a novel to get promoted and even after you have every bullet accurately filled out it is still HEAVILY subject to opinions of management. Career path from YE tech is basically non-existant. You stay a tech or you leave the company. They talk heavily about the values of the company, but the company itself does not follow them(The people do though for the most part). If you are a tech your opinion is disregarded and you will command 0 respect from others(outside of your peers). As soon as you go salary your work life balance disappears; the engineers in YA work 50+ hours per week and this is just expected. The micron mentality is slowly creeping its way back into the company and its heading downhill because of it. Area management will have favorites who will get promotions/recognition who don't deserve them while snubbing those who do. Management heavily values a university degree over everything else including: experience, motivation, dedication, deductive reasoning, etc. We have hired many people into roles who are terrible employees but at least they have a degree!(Even though they had someone highly intelligent,motivated, with loads of experience applying as well).

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and they will invest in you. If you continue ignoring people who are highly motivated to succeed they will just leave and use their motivation at another company.

"Shift equipment technician"

Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean and quiet work environment, great team building activity’s and company perks like consents and party’s for everyone. I can’t think of anymore pros.

Cons

Poor management, low pay for skills, upper management doesn’t care about you. CEO has said everyone is replaceable and they don’t have to make you happy. They based compensation for the industry and higher people for other industries who are worth a lot more. A month after leaving I got a job paying double.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your compensation and people will preform better. Most people I worked with aren’t happy and they talked about it often.

9. "General Description"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Cutting-edge semiconductor design and manufacturing

Cons

Lean teams but bright and responsive

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Many people living the company values even when asked to do otherwise by management

Cons

I have decided to comment on the HR responses expressed here. While the responses to problems appear to be helpful on the surface, they cannot be trusted. It was my experience and almost everyone I worked with that went to HR with legitimate concerns about managers and supervisors it was like putting a nail in your coffin. HR acted as if they were truly concerned and would "look" into the situation. In my group of 8 members of a larger group each of us went to HR various times within a years time, all with the same complaints. HR did nothing except our managers began singling us out, attacking us in public settings and making work very miserable. The day I left the chest pains went away and my health improved. Do NOT believe that for 1 minute that HR is there to try to help with solutions to mistreatment, they just give mangers reason to make your work life a living hell.