IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated October 10, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good culture, good people and work life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Planning Engineer"

Pros

Time off, competitive salary, hi-tech company, most coworkers are friendly, alpha technology in the industry, diverse working environment. Good place to be if looking for semiconductor job in the area.

Cons

Lack of training and communication in certain groups. Depending on your team, leadership can vary a lot. Some managers need more training and respect. New comers don’t have opportunities.

"Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and nice people to work wth

Cons

Microscope Management, too many steps in process for promotions. Too many managers in department as opposed to technicians.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, have facts when asking employees questions, not rumor mill. You’re not above everyone else because you are a coward to your supervisors.

3. "Good benefits"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

The company has good benefits

Cons

Stress level is high, short staffed.

4. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company honestly cares about its people. Great vacation time, benefits, and competitive pay. Tons of resources at your disposal, and the company culture is one for activity and health.

Cons

Like many, the company's middle managers tend to fall slave to their metrics rather than keeping an eye on the big picture.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your front lines, and hold your engineers accountable for their processes.

5. "Great Place to Be!"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides great benefits and very competitive pay. I work on a great team and I feel like my immediate leadership cares about my personal development inside and out of the company.

Cons

Being a manufacturing environment and in the semiconductor industry, the demands can be high at times. However, we have accomplished some amazing things.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on people development and which will only help the company continue to succeed!

6. "Great pay, Great people"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at IMFT for a little over 7 months and I love the company. I have a great schedule (working either 3 or 4 12 hour shifts per week) I get along well with my co-workers, and I get paid well above the industry standard for someone at my skill level.

Cons

the only downside is the lack of application of TPM, which is a manufacturing philosophy which they teach, but do not apply as fully as I believe they should. However, they are working to make this better.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2018 – Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback on TPM, and we are working to enhance this at the site. We're glad you're liking it here!

"Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people. All the locals are out of there by 5pm on the dot, if not earlier. Location is stunning. Pay is pretty good. Good communication. Interesting work and product. Integration group is superb!

Cons

Lab is overwhelmed and lacks some state of art services that would be nice to have on site. Although there is a bonus to simulate stock purchase, the lack of ESPP plan is a great disappointment and the bonus is a pittance compare to what ESPP could have been the past several years. Now to the reason why I resigned in 2017 to my great relief and I've never looked back: After more than a decade at Intel, where I saw and experienced world class and top notch safety, ergonomics, quality, LEAN, rapid-fire problem solving, systems integration coordination and continuous improvement, it was a letdown from day 1 to be part of the hybridized culture of cowboy Micron with mostly lip service to Intel ways. It did not work for me and I suffered constant frustration trying to de-culture from the Intel way. Only those who have culturized at Intel since ~2008 and later can really empathize with me on this. It was a warped and bastardized version with recognizable aspects of correctness. There were honest attempts to get it together, but I never really saw significant materialization of a top-down structure to really fix and gel the culture for the above-named deficiencies. A likely prime case of "rule by committee," I suspect, since top management consists of co-CEOs, although Micron really rules. Although the product was very cool, I regretted my decision to jump from Intel to Flash (read "Micron") nearly from day 1. And I gave it an honest effort. I was born and raised in Utah and after living outside for my entire career (pretty much always working at leading edge R&D and manufacturing facilities), wanted to get back. It didn't work for me.

8. "Great company"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Challenging work and good pay

Cons

Always going 100mph every day

Advice to Management

keep it up

9. "Exemplary Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Professional in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Human Resources Professional in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professionalism, Safety Culture, World Class Performance, Excellent Management at every level, Technical Training, Prioritized employee Benefits (like cafeteria service for shifts, parking, and continuously improving benefits!)

Cons

None that I can think of....

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "First time"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

State of the art technology development

Cons

JV, means, keep cost and staffing to minimum

Advice to Management

None