IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated January 16, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast environment, leading edge technology.

Cons

Supporting groups (outside of the Fab and engineering) don't allow for a lot of movement.

"A Great Opportunity For The Select Few"

Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally relaxed. The pay is decent, the work is not difficult.
    Company is willing to train technicians with no prior experience. The benefits are good, especially the 5% 401K match.

Cons

The system for advancement or promotion is very much flawed. The PRA form, (a brag sheet) that a technician needs to fill out for promotion, has not eliminated favoritism and politics that it was designed to accomplish. In addition, many experienced senior technicians were hired by the company at the Tech 2 level, instead of the Tech 3 level deserved. Recently, the company has had difficulty attracting new technicians, so they began hiring several ex-military with 8 years technical experience, but no fab equipment experience, at Tech 3 level. This is a great deal the for new hires, but the existing technicians hired at the Tech 2 level are restricted to a lower pay scale and must fill out the PRA form to be promoted. A better solution would have been to move the pay scales up, and compensate the existing workforce as necessary. In some cases, as in mine, it was easier to get another job than to be promoted.
    Promotions through completion of the PRA form vary. Depending your supervisor and area, the promotion can somewhat straightforward or elusive. If you are fortunate, your supervisor will have experience filling out the PRA form and be very instrumental in your promotion. If not, you will languish at your designated tech level for years, getting minimal raises, since the median of the pay scale is the ceiling.
    A lot of bureaucracy exists. A ticket system was implemented to assist with issues that an employee could not solve on his own or with his areas support group. Though a great concept, the ticket system is now being used by many people to create visibility to get others to do their jobs.
    Most technicians are a number, part of a head count. The humble technician that does his job, troubleshooting and repairing equipment without drawing attention to himself, will not be recognized.
    Process related skills, reading charts and using various software applications to research yield/product issues, seem to receive greater recognition than actual equipment troubleshooting skills. Ironically, the equipment technician is given very little training to learn the process related software applications, although they are expected to learn and use them.

Advice to Management

The PRA system needs to be revamped. Pay scales need to be shifted up so new, less experienced technicians are not hired at Tech 3, Senior Technician Equipment. For Equipment Technicians, process related software applications need to be taught in a tailored course for what is useful and necessary for related equipment maintenance, not at the Process Engineer level.

3. "Equipment Technician"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Upward mobility
    Work life balance (at least shift work and as long as you don't mind 4 months of night shift at a time)

Cons

Some high expectations
    Expected, but not expected, to do OT to finish projects on top of normal work requirements

4. "Exciting but Tough"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Talented team engineers who are a pleasure to work with. Highly supportive lower management

Cons

Upper management seems out of touch with day to day challenges and realities

Advice to Management

Trust your engineers and seek input from senior engineers before pushing folks in a new direction

5. "Planning Engineer"

Pros

Time off, competitive salary, hi-tech company, most coworkers are friendly, alpha technology in the industry, diverse working environment. Good place to be if looking for semiconductor job in the area.

Cons

Lack of training and communication in certain groups. Depending on your team, leadership can vary a lot. Some managers need more training and respect. New comers don’t have opportunities.

"Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and nice people to work wth

Cons

Microscope Management, too many steps in process for promotions. Too many managers in department as opposed to technicians.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, have facts when asking employees questions, not rumor mill. You’re not above everyone else because you are a coward to your supervisors.

7. "Good benefits"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

The company has good benefits

Cons

Stress level is high, short staffed.

8. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company honestly cares about its people. Great vacation time, benefits, and competitive pay. Tons of resources at your disposal, and the company culture is one for activity and health.

Cons

Like many, the company's middle managers tend to fall slave to their metrics rather than keeping an eye on the big picture.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your front lines, and hold your engineers accountable for their processes.

9. "Great Place to Be!"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides great benefits and very competitive pay. I work on a great team and I feel like my immediate leadership cares about my personal development inside and out of the company.

Cons

Being a manufacturing environment and in the semiconductor industry, the demands can be high at times. However, we have accomplished some amazing things.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on people development and which will only help the company continue to succeed!

10. "Great pay, Great people"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at IMFT for a little over 7 months and I love the company. I have a great schedule (working either 3 or 4 12 hour shifts per week) I get along well with my co-workers, and I get paid well above the industry standard for someone at my skill level.

Cons

the only downside is the lack of application of TPM, which is a manufacturing philosophy which they teach, but do not apply as fully as I believe they should. However, they are working to make this better.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2018 – Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback on TPM, and we are working to enhance this at the site. We're glad you're liking it here!