IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated January 16, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

"Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people. All the locals are out of there by 5pm on the dot, if not earlier. Location is stunning. Pay is pretty good. Good communication. Interesting work and product. Integration group is superb!

Cons

Lab is overwhelmed and lacks some state of art services that would be nice to have on site. Although there is a bonus to simulate stock purchase, the lack of ESPP plan is a great disappointment and the bonus is a pittance compare to what ESPP could have been the past several years. Now to the reason why I resigned in 2017 to my great relief and I've never looked back: After more than a decade at Intel, where I saw and experienced world class and top notch safety, ergonomics, quality, LEAN, rapid-fire problem solving, systems integration coordination and continuous improvement, it was a letdown from day 1 to be part of the hybridized culture of cowboy Micron with mostly lip service to Intel ways. It did not work for me and I suffered constant frustration trying to de-culture from the Intel way. Only those who have culturized at Intel since ~2008 and later can really empathize with me on this. It was a warped and bastardized version with recognizable aspects of correctness. There were honest attempts to get it together, but I never really saw significant materialization of a top-down structure to really fix and gel the culture for the above-named deficiencies. A likely prime case of "rule by committee," I suspect, since top management consists of co-CEOs, although Micron really rules. Although the product was very cool, I regretted my decision to jump from Intel to Flash (read "Micron") nearly from day 1. And I gave it an honest effort. I was born and raised in Utah and after living outside for my entire career (pretty much always working at leading edge R&D and manufacturing facilities), wanted to get back. It didn't work for me.

2. "Great company"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Challenging work and good pay

Cons

Always going 100mph every day

Advice to Management

keep it up

3. "Exemplary Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Professional in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Human Resources Professional in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professionalism, Safety Culture, World Class Performance, Excellent Management at every level, Technical Training, Prioritized employee Benefits (like cafeteria service for shifts, parking, and continuously improving benefits!)

Cons

None that I can think of....

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "First time"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

State of the art technology development

Cons

JV, means, keep cost and staffing to minimum

Advice to Management

None

"Engineer"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advanced technology, benefits, gym, location

Cons

Home/work balance. Incompetent managers.

Advice to Management

Todd Mathews had a vision that promoted a positive culture once. It worked back then, with positive energy and results. That vibe is gone.

6. "IM Flash - great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well run company with great employee value. Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development. Love working here!

Cons

Parking is tight with many contractors on site.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your leaders.

"Bully Culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay, and career growth.

Cons

There are so many bullies within the company that work is unbearable. They completely ignore mental health issues and allow employees to harass and torture people with mental illness. The only thing they spout is Bloomquist Hale provides services for those who may be suffering from mental health issues instead of owning up to what they themselves are doing to the culture of the company. I've worked with the company for many years(10+) and have always gone above and beyond. To have to suffer this injustice is very unethical. The company is on the verge of lawsuite or worse an employee who takes their own life because of the actions of others. They don't value life and despite saying they care about safety they are willing to let people be bullied and harassed and pushed into the throws of depression. There is no ethical training. They have a single guide book on ethics and despite that "guide" have provided more opportunities to married couples /family members which it explicitly states should not happen. They have an anonymous hotline for ethics but having gone to HR unanonymously about specific instances of harrassment and needed their help to stop it they did nothing and management swept it under the rug as if it didn't really happen. It really happened, it was malicious, and because they haven't stopped it the harassment continues to this day. At this point my fear of coming forward is too great. I've already suffer retaliation and for my own safety will keep my head down and do my best to ignore it.

Advice to Management

What will it take to make you realize that ethics are important? What will it take to make you show any compassion? What will it take to make you take this seriously? My hands are tied and all I can do is tell others not to work here. I'm in a position where I can't just up and quit. I used to love my job and I still put my heart and soul into it. Thats an employee you can't just replicate. That is a employee you don't value enough to protect. If you thought using the term "gay" in a derogatory fashion during a meeting was bad then why won't you stop far more psychologically scarring practices like gaslighting. Do you know what the long term affects of gaslighting are? I know you're going to post a couple good evaluations to try to hide the fact that this is happening within the company. It is happening, it is real, and it is turning IMFlash into something unrecognizable. Our culture used to be one of Speed of Trust. Now our culture is one of power and victims.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 2, 2018 – HR Director

This is Greg Schow, Director of HR for IM Flash.

The allegations in your review are alarming to me. You are describing an environment that is not the IM Flash I know as IM Flash does not tolerate... More

"Equipment Supervisor"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High pay, great benefits, 12 hr shifts, good location, stable business.

Cons

Stressful industry, tight profit margins drive lean manufacturing to it's limits.

Advice to Management

None, every area has challenges and most managers are doing the best they can to reduce them. Keep reassuring people that they are valued and not to stress out.

9. "Engineer"

Pros

Work is exciting, fast paced, and interesting. Definitely know that your work is having a direct effect on company and even industry. Company is decent at providing opportunities to learn and develop. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Biggest challenge is stress level. There is always way more work than can be done that needs to be done yesterday. This can effect work-life balance negatively.

"Fantastic Company, Pathetic Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IM Flash is an overall great company! HR works hard to make the company a great place to work! If it weren't for the horrible management teams, HR could succeed at making IM Flash an amazing place to work. IM Flash pays well and provides nice bonuses and great employee perks.

Cons

IM Flash has one of the worst management teams I've seen. I've worked at 12 different employers in my career, including many corporate companies as well as a few small businesses. IM Flash has perhaps the worst management team I've ever witnessed. They promote managers based on technical and product knowledge, not management skills. Their management team has NO people management talent. Thus, most employees hate their manager and hate their job.

Advice to Management

Read the book, 'First, Break All The Rules' and follow its advice. IM Flash's only current hope for making it a great place to work is that they currently have 2 amazing CEO's. Dave C & Bert B are 2 of the best CEO's I've seen. They were relatively new to their role when writing this review, so time well tell if they can clean out the horrible crop of managers that have infiltrated IM Flash.