IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated October 10, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good culture, good people and work life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab" (in 8 reviews)

• "The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision" (in 14 reviews)

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advanced technology, benefits, gym, location

Cons

Home/work balance. Incompetent managers.

Advice to Management

Todd Mathews had a vision that promoted a positive culture once. It worked back then, with positive energy and results. That vibe is gone.

2. "IM Flash - great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well run company with great employee value. Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development. Love working here!

Cons

Parking is tight with many contractors on site.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your leaders.

"Bully Culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay, and career growth.

Cons

There are so many bullies within the company that work is unbearable. They completely ignore mental health issues and allow employees to harass and torture people with mental illness. The only thing they spout is Bloomquist Hale provides services for those who may be suffering from mental health issues instead of owning up to what they themselves are doing to the culture of the company. I've worked with the company for many years(10+) and have always gone above and beyond. To have to suffer this injustice is very unethical. The company is on the verge of lawsuite or worse an employee who takes their own life because of the actions of others. They don't value life and despite saying they care about safety they are willing to let people be bullied and harassed and pushed into the throws of depression. There is no ethical training. They have a single guide book on ethics and despite that "guide" have provided more opportunities to married couples /family members which it explicitly states should not happen. They have an anonymous hotline for ethics but having gone to HR unanonymously about specific instances of harrassment and needed their help to stop it they did nothing and management swept it under the rug as if it didn't really happen. It really happened, it was malicious, and because they haven't stopped it the harassment continues to this day. At this point my fear of coming forward is too great. I've already suffer retaliation and for my own safety will keep my head down and do my best to ignore it.

Advice to Management

What will it take to make you realize that ethics are important? What will it take to make you show any compassion? What will it take to make you take this seriously? My hands are tied and all I can do is tell others not to work here. I'm in a position where I can't just up and quit. I used to love my job and I still put my heart and soul into it. Thats an employee you can't just replicate. That is a employee you don't value enough to protect. If you thought using the term "gay" in a derogatory fashion during a meeting was bad then why won't you stop far more psychologically scarring practices like gaslighting. Do you know what the long term affects of gaslighting are? I know you're going to post a couple good evaluations to try to hide the fact that this is happening within the company. It is happening, it is real, and it is turning IMFlash into something unrecognizable. Our culture used to be one of Speed of Trust. Now our culture is one of power and victims.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 2, 2018 – HR Director

This is Greg Schow, Director of HR for IM Flash.

The allegations in your review are alarming to me. You are describing an environment that is not the IM Flash I know as IM Flash does not tolerate... More

"Equipment Supervisor"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High pay, great benefits, 12 hr shifts, good location, stable business.

Cons

Stressful industry, tight profit margins drive lean manufacturing to it's limits.

Advice to Management

None, every area has challenges and most managers are doing the best they can to reduce them. Keep reassuring people that they are valued and not to stress out.

5. "Engineer"

Pros

Work is exciting, fast paced, and interesting. Definitely know that your work is having a direct effect on company and even industry. Company is decent at providing opportunities to learn and develop. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Biggest challenge is stress level. There is always way more work than can be done that needs to be done yesterday. This can effect work-life balance negatively.

"Fantastic Company, Pathetic Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IM Flash is an overall great company! HR works hard to make the company a great place to work! If it weren't for the horrible management teams, HR could succeed at making IM Flash an amazing place to work. IM Flash pays well and provides nice bonuses and great employee perks.

Cons

IM Flash has one of the worst management teams I've seen. I've worked at 12 different employers in my career, including many corporate companies as well as a few small businesses. IM Flash has perhaps the worst management team I've ever witnessed. They promote managers based on technical and product knowledge, not management skills. Their management team has NO people management talent. Thus, most employees hate their manager and hate their job.

Advice to Management

Read the book, 'First, Break All The Rules' and follow its advice. IM Flash's only current hope for making it a great place to work is that they currently have 2 amazing CEO's. Dave C & Bert B are 2 of the best CEO's I've seen. They were relatively new to their role when writing this review, so time well tell if they can clean out the horrible crop of managers that have infiltrated IM Flash.

"Great innovation, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees were good people, fun to talk with, and meet. On site cafeteria that was decent, training courses available to increase knowledge, and good training program. I really enjoyed worked here and would be still if it was not for the manager I had. She was a joke, played favorites, never worked with the team, was dishonest, back dated documents, set up several teammates and had them terminated. She was willing to do anything to get her self promoted, which I found out after leaving she now runs the place. Which is scary as heck for those employed.

Cons

By far one of the worst management teams i have seen or worked for in my entire life. Management spends not time developing staff, just sitting up stairs in cubicles, when they do come down, it is one a day for meetings, maybe twice a day if they want to set up and employee who is not working out to be terminated. My manager was poor at communicating verbally and in writing, lacked leadership experience, choosing to manage by fear, placing employees on write ups based on other employee accusations that are loosely based on truth or purely fabricated.

Advice to Management

Show empathy to others, walk a mile in someones shoes, do the work to train your staff, see them develop, the right way instead of your Game of Thrones take down of employees mentality.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay if you get the opportunity to advance. Benefits, medical, dental,401k match. Management can be good if you part of their good buddy club. Your co-workers, for the most part, are great people.

Cons

When you work for a terrible manager or supervisor your life is miserable. You have to write a book to get promoted. This place reminds me of the military because they have their own NKO training and many other things. The career path for technicians basically doesn't exist, except for those that are always hanging around with management. You stay a tech or you leave the company. They always talking about the company's core values, but the company itself does not follow them. Training doesn't exist for the job that you get hired to do. Your sleep gets so bad, you work 4 months during the day and then you switch to nights for 4 month

Advice to Management

Take care of your techs because they do a lot for this company. If you treat people like dirt, they will leave.

"Manufacturing Associate"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. I enjoy the people and teams I've worked with of the past 7yrs.

Cons

Positions and titles change rapidly so advancing a career becomes challenging unless you have an engineering degree or higher.

Advice to Management

Restructuring the company at the rate technology changes (Moore's Law) doesn't benefit the moral of the workers. Technology may change every 18 months but positions and ranking of workers shouldn't alter at that same rate. The training is set up for 1-2years of work to progress yet the positions disappear before the training can be completed.

"Manufacturing engineering"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work-life balance, allow you great opportunities to get involved with your coworkers outside of work. management is dedicated and hardworking, providing endless support and guidance for growth potential.

Cons

Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab. undervalue careers outside of engineering. male dominated and 24/7 business

Advice to Management

technical skills are not the only education that are needed for success