IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated November 27, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Good pay if you get the opportunity to advance (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab (in 8 reviews)

• IM Flash is a joint venture between Intel and Micron (in 13 reviews)

"Beware of Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great technology to work on.
    State of the art facility.
    Generally good co-workers to work with.
    Exposure to Intel and Micron.
    Good city and state to work in.
    Decent pay and benefits.
    Safety; Managers is really good at standing at the bottom and top of the stairs to make sure you are holding on to the handles when walking up/down the stairs (seriously, this is not a joke).

Cons

Knowing what I know now, I would not have chosen to work here for these reasons:

There is absolutely no lack of accountability on management. They do not exist on the same level as everyone else. What they say and decide upon is not to be challenged nor questioned, regardless of what the data may say. From one of my personal experience, I had a discussion with my manager on a risk vs reward decision and he agreed on the decision we made together. Then his manager found out about the decision and needless to say, my manager did not hesitate to throw me under the bus in my next one on one. Another experience: the last all hands on deck meeting we had, someone asked if the lay-offs impacting the parent companies would affect IMFlash. CEO says absolutely not, we're already running lean. 2 months go by and they "had" to cut several hundred workers because of the parent companies' condition.

Opinions, suggestions for improvements, and such things can only come top-down. There is no bottom-up flow of communication. There are surveys and such things but rest assured, nothing you say or vote for will really matter.

There is also a lack of career mobility. There is definitely a sense of your work and merit doesn't really matter when it comes to career progression because it really is all about how good your relationship is with the men on the edge cubicles.

There may be other groups in the company who were not like the group I was stuck in so really do your research and if you can, get the inside scoop on the team you're looking to join.

Another regret I have before leaving the company was how much time-off I had I could not use because I thought I was being a good employee by not using my time-off when I didn't really need to. It was seriously stupid of me to not use my time-off for my child's birth because of a fab emergency. I should have never listened to my manager's request for help, it was not more important (except for him) and I was repaid with a one on one where I was told my performance was lacking 2 weeks later.

Last thing, much like other reviews of the company, culture and values are all talk and if nothing else, they only apply to normal employees and not management.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. Management would not listen to internal suggestions, I am not stupid enough to think they would listen to opinions/suggestions coming from outside of the company.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay & excellent benifits

Cons

Every 4 months you must switch to nights. The company leadership does not follow the preached values. They recently laid off veteran employees to cut costs. These were people who had given 10 or 15 years of hard work and dedication to the company, but were in the upper echelons of the pay scale. There promotion system is completely broken. Those who are promoted are not the hardest or most knowledgeable workers, but rather the ones who are in the boys club with upper management.

Advice to Management

Follow the company values. They are what made IM Flash great in the first place. Value your employee's as they are your biggest asset.

"Solid Performance"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the years that I have worked at IM Flash the company has shown a real dedication to operating according to our core values. I have interacted with people from all levels; entry level to the CEOs. The majority of the people here work hard to make the impossible come to life.

The benefits are fantastic -
    Competitive Pay
    Full medical, dental, and vision care are available at reasonable costs
    Short term and long term bonus for all employees
    Great time off program
    Competitive 401K

Not only are the benefits great, but the company tries to create an environment where we can be excited to come to work. And proud of who we work for.

Cons

Subject to the cyclical semiconductor market. In a down market, even if we are hitting our goals and numbers, we are still not doing well. As much as possible, IM Flash tries to plan for these times while in an up market.

The career path can be straight forward. But you need to own your own development. It's easy to stay in the same role for a long time if you don't take opportunities when they come.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on the core values.
    Manage the good times with the bad times in mind.
    Listen to the team members when they bring up concerns about different practices.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Good money and nice environment.

Cons

Inflexible hours and shifting schedules.

"Imflash"

Current Employee - Fab Tech in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Fab Tech in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great bonuses

Cons

Every 4 month you go from working days to nights.

6. "Interesting Company Great People"

Pros

Great work environment everyone was is very knowledgeable and eager to help. Huge culture of safety which made it a great environment to work. Great relocation bonuses

Cons

Often times long hours that are very intense. Location at times, while beautiful, can be a drag to drive out to

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing, creating dialogue and moving great ideas forward. Nothing else to add to this really

7. "Mixed reviews"

Pros

Great benefits and bonuses. A well established career path.

Cons

Difficult to foster new ideas through their extensive bureaucracy. Work life balance can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Most established methods are great where they are at.

"Cost Reductions and Looking for Interns"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Salary and benefits with a rewards program for healthy living. Recently opened a Gym and work out area. Yearly employee

Cons

Increasing pressure to speed up process transfers and development with a more intense focus on cutting costs. Recently let go long time employees that helped build company for cost reduction reasons.

Advice to Management

Cutting costs by letting go those who built the company does not build trust in your remaining employees.

9. "its a job"

Current Employee - Level II Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Level II Technician in Lehi, UT

Pros

good benefits, good pay, good atmosphere

Cons

not a lot of upward movement, top heavy.

Advice to Management

thin the herd i middle management, teach your managers not to be micro managers.

"IM Flash"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are comparable with other companies

Cons

They preach a set of core values, however they are only lip service, unfortunately management does not live by them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.