IM Flash Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated May 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance (at least shift work and as long as you don't mind 4 months of night shift at a time) (in 25 reviews)

• Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab (in 8 reviews)

• The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision (in 14 reviews)

"Hopefully You'll Get a Good Manager...Otherwise BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    If you get a good manager, they'll protect you from the directors.

Cons

The Good 'ol Boy Culture that has turned IM Flash into Micron over the last 10 years.
    Couldn't care less about employees as people, especially if they're technicians.
    Good 'ol Boy managers hire unqualified people to be in mid-senior level positions due to knowing them from Micron.
    Sloganeering (Speak Out? Only when they agree with what you say.)

Advice to Management

Think outside of your management box. Listen to your eventual reports. Let your superstars rise to the top instead of holding them down. Stop promoting problems and not promoting people who deserve it. Respect your employees because without them there wouldn't be any progress to monitor.

"Great benefits, fun challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are hard to beat. I have taken over 2 weeks vacation to internationally every year since starting in addition to time off at other times. Compensation is fair. The people who work here feel like friends.

Cons

Like all places, your boss makes a big impact on your life. I have had both great and terrible managers.

"Leading The Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay, PTO Program, school compensation, promoting healthy lifestyle through onsite gym and activities, solid insurance plan

Cons

Chaotic with new technologies rolling through, employees need to slow down and make better choices, management stress causing unhealthy work environment, rotating shift schedule from nights to days, promotions are acquired by writing a book about how of a hotshot you are (should be reviewed and decided based on merit, not how well you can boast about how you are the greatest).

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are doing the best they can with what they have available. Encourage better decision making because bad decisions are the cause of how hard you push for results. Culture and values are diminishing due to how much pressure you put on your team members.

"Good mix of big company benefits and little company flexibility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Time off; flexibility to learn new things; visibility to many parts of the business; short commute; neat evolving technology; pockets of good people

Cons

Joint venture makes you feel like you're a child of divorced feuding parents; overly influenced by Micron's whims; lots of headcount pressure especially given the flat organization; pressures on IT have resulted in most groups hiring IT people under a different job title

Advice to Management

collect the IT expertise within the IT organization

5. "excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and salary is competitive
    good work/life balance
    great culture with diversity, and good core values

Cons

management can micromanage at times (not in my department). training for new employees are better in some department than others

Advice to Management

have a balance on micro managing. acknowledge employees when they do a good job and create an environment for your employees where they actually look forward to come to work.

"Company on the Verge of Greatness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits package, great team members, onsite medical clinic, onsite gym, comprehensive training program, excellent career mobility.

Cons

Low emphasis and value placed on strategic thinkers and innovators. Highly focused on short-term deliverables. Striving to be a culturally driven company but they fall short in their implementation of their whole vision.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to innovators. Visible metrics for strategic work and innovation. Form more strategic teams that can act independently of the tactical drive.

"Dont bother"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None that have any relevancy. No longer having to drag myself to work each day.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked in my professional career. My manager is the biggest micromanager I have ever had the misfortune to ever know. He envisions himself as a superior manager however he has zero ability at allow anyone to take the initiative or do anything. And if something good ever happened he took all the credit. If you are a self thinker and want to contribute to a successful work environment this is not the place for you.

I went to work every single day with dread wondering what lack of integrity I would be faced with by my manager.

Advice to Management

Try to utilize your set of core vales you speak so highly of. These are in reality, non existent at your company at least by your managers and management.

8. "Not Bad"

Former Employee - Process Engineer
    Former Employee - Process Engineer

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Work/ Life balance
    Easy to standout among peers
    Good pay
    Most managers are good

Cons

Too relaxed and complacent with deadlines, expectations and goals. Allows people who are poor performers to get by.
    Tiered promotion scale hits a ceiling at certain levels.
    Company culture can encourage people to become complacent and lack motivation to push themselves.

Advice to Management

Push your employees and do not accept excuses and missed deadlines.

"Good job"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Opportunities to advance as you take it upon yourself.

Cons

Can be limited depending on the attitudes of your supervisor

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked there for almost 10 years. Company was a great place to work at first but isn’t anymore.

Cons

Promotions are based solely on supervisors opinions and not based on performance. Values of this company are no longer applicable and constructive criticism is not welcomed. If you are honest on 360 evaluation of supervisors you will never advance.

Advice to Management

need new management