IM Flash Technologies Shift Process Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Shift Process Engineer

4.6
Bert Blaha & David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Good pay, benefits, nice place to work (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a joint venture and is highly dependent on Intel and Micron (in 7 reviews)

• The dual CEO model of the Joint Venture makes alignment of priorities difficult at times, but something we just need to work extra hard at overcoming (in 12 reviews)

"I am very happy here (and it seems like everyone else is too)."

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an awesome company. I accepted this job right out of college and couldn't be happier with my decision. The people at work are very easy to get along with because of how the company hires. It hires only people that fit the values based culture (which is a big part of the company). It was very easy to make friends with coworkers here. I am well compensated for my time (better per hour than friends who went to top petroleum/chemical companies). We are showered with time off. I enjoy being at work.

The company is also very stable with Intel and Micron backing it. They bring both the need to change and adapt but also the stability and advancement of Intel.

Cons

This is a faster paced environment with a lot of changes in technology. If you are looking for a company where you can settle down and not do much, this is probably not the best for you. If you are into learning and growing with technology this could be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

If there were anything to say I would say it but you are already doing great in always taking the pulse of the company and driving improvement.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Oct 10, 2014 – Marketing and Communications

We're glad you're enjoying your time at IM Flash! Thanks for the review.

2. "Good place to build a career"

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance in the company and these opportunities are made readily available

Cons

Shift work, can be more of a "turn the crank" job rather than requiring creativity etc.

3. "Great culture and good place to work"

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and good pay

Cons

Could have a better plan for flex work hours

"Don't take this job right out of college..."

Former Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid time off and the benefits.

Cons

No accountability, promotion not based on performance, Low end salary for the industry, you are a nobody while on shift, huge division in superiority between those "upstairs" and the fab employees.

Advice to Management

From what I was told in the interview and based on the questions I was asked I thought that I would be using some of what I just spent 5 years of my life learning (technical skills, engineering). As a shift engineer looking at SPC charts all day just sounds like so much fun. NOT! Why I was asked equations and to draw circuits in my interview I have no clue. I could have done the job just as well right out of high school and based on the way they promote it would have been better for me. For technicians in the interview one should be asked "Do you call a repair man when your dishwasher breaks or do you try and fix it yourself?” For and entry level E1 the questions should be based on finding RCA and identifying trends on SPC's. Promotion should be based on one's ability to gain knowledge and prove that he/she knows what do to and how to react in certain situations. This is what the company says it does but it does not. Promotion is based on who you can suck up to and drink/hang out with on the weekends. I saw too many individuals that were very good at what they did compared to other at the same level. They were not being promoted and this causes poor morale among employees, which I saw way too much of in the department where I worked. The whole market based pay is in of itself proving you don't promote based on performance. Once a year is all for a chance at a raise, unless you are promoted which takes years to get to, how does this promote someone to go above and beyond. If someone is performing above and beyond you better reward them or they will either start being lazy as they see it doesn't matter or leave like I did.