IM Flash Technologies Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Technician

2.9
Bert Blaha and David Cheffings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to work with amazing work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, good bonus programs (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab (in 8 reviews)

• The Joint Venture partners do not appear to share the same vision (in 14 reviews)

1. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, good people, and family-like atmosphere

Cons

Location of facility mainly friendly to families and can get very cold here.

2. "Great pay, Great people"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at IMFT for a little over 7 months and I love the company. I have a great schedule (working either 3 or 4 12 hour shifts per week) I get along well with my co-workers, and I get paid well above the industry standard for someone at my skill level.

Cons

the only downside is the lack of application of TPM, which is a manufacturing philosophy which they teach, but do not apply as fully as I believe they should. However, they are working to make this better.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Feb 15, 2018 – Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback on TPM, and we are working to enhance this at the site. We're glad you're liking it here!

3. "Moving in the wrong direction quickly"

Current Employee - Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, people programs and CEOs genuinely want to better the place, but are isolated from reality, to no fault of their own.

Cons

Management is untrained and ego driven. HR plays the role of managing people programs, which they are constantly improving upon. But, when it comes to culture they turn a blind eye in the protection of management. Trap to the military and low pay with little reward. If you are LDS your hand will be held and you will be protected. If you aren't a ward-buddy, watch your back, your fair treatment only goes as high as the person below your LDS manager.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is actually going on.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - FAB TECHNICIAN in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay if you get the opportunity to advance. Benefits, medical, dental,401k match. Management can be good if you part of their good buddy club. Your co-workers, for the most part, are great people.

Cons

When you work for a terrible manager or supervisor your life is miserable. You have to write a book to get promoted. This place reminds me of the military because they have their own NKO training and many other things. The career path for technicians basically doesn't exist, except for those that are always hanging around with management. You stay a tech or you leave the company. They always talking about the company's core values, but the company itself does not follow them. Training doesn't exist for the job that you get hired to do. Your sleep gets so bad, you work 4 months during the day and then you switch to nights for 4 month

Advice to Management

Take care of your techs because they do a lot for this company. If you treat people like dirt, they will leave.

"Great innovation, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees were good people, fun to talk with, and meet. On site cafeteria that was decent, training courses available to increase knowledge, and good training program. I really enjoyed worked here and would be still if it was not for the manager I had. She was a joke, played favorites, never worked with the team, was dishonest, back dated documents, set up several teammates and had them terminated. She was willing to do anything to get her self promoted, which I found out after leaving she now runs the place. Which is scary as heck for those employed.

Cons

By far one of the worst management teams i have seen or worked for in my entire life. Management spends not time developing staff, just sitting up stairs in cubicles, when they do come down, it is one a day for meetings, maybe twice a day if they want to set up and employee who is not working out to be terminated. My manager was poor at communicating verbally and in writing, lacked leadership experience, choosing to manage by fear, placing employees on write ups based on other employee accusations that are loosely based on truth or purely fabricated.

Advice to Management

Show empathy to others, walk a mile in someones shoes, do the work to train your staff, see them develop, the right way instead of your Game of Thrones take down of employees mentality.

"Shift equipment technician"

Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Shift Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean and quiet work environment, great team building activity’s and company perks like consents and party’s for everyone. I can’t think of anymore pros.

Cons

Poor management, low pay for skills, upper management doesn’t care about you. CEO has said everyone is replaceable and they don’t have to make you happy. They based compensation for the industry and higher people for other industries who are worth a lot more. A month after leaving I got a job paying double.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your compensation and people will preform better. Most people I worked with aren’t happy and they talked about it often.

"Dry Etch Technican"

Former Employee - Equiptment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Equiptment Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great (not the pay). 401k match, medical and dental, etc.

Cons

A lot of work for little pay. Working on tools is not the only thing expected. TPM projects (require you to come in on your off time) you 3/12hr and 4/12 hour shifts. 3 day and 4 day weekends but 12 hour work days are not easy. Pay is terrible for technicians. If you have experience outside of semiconductor work, don't apply. You'll get hired on as a tech 2 and maybe even a tech 1 position. Tech promotion system is political (only speaking for dry etch section).

Advice to Management

Management does not listen to employees (maybe engineers) but not technicians.

"Veteran trap"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay
    Great people
    Benefits are good as well
    Whether you do the bare minimum or put in an honest days work you will be payed the same.
    Great job for former plumber, HVAC tech, or mechanic.
    Its just like re-enlisting, and the culture are very military influenced.

Cons

Dangerous work environment
    12 hour rotating shifts
    2 year binding contract (slavery with more steps)
    Engineers create jobs for technicians based off of 0 data
    Technicians will always be on shift, even if you advance to supervisor.
    Career progression is intimidating, Engineers often work 60 hour week salaried.
    Most of the good advanced technical jobs are outsourced other countries.
    currently in a state of economic treading water to bring new product out.
    You will rarely touch a multi-meter, you will clean acid off of "robots" mostly windows though. You will be in a white clean room suit and often a layer of rubber acid gear.
    Its just like re-enlisting, and the culture are very military influenced.

Advice to Management

Good luck, you guys are doing a good job. As for filling this position in the future, don't put people who want to work on tech in a job where you clean acid off of tools.

"Hopefully You'll Get a Good Manager...Otherwise BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    If you get a good manager, they'll protect you from the directors.

Cons

The Good 'ol Boy Culture that has turned IM Flash into Micron over the last 10 years.
    Couldn't care less about employees as people, especially if they're technicians.
    Good 'ol Boy managers hire unqualified people to be in mid-senior level positions due to knowing them from Micron.
    Sloganeering (Speak Out? Only when they agree with what you say.)

Advice to Management

Think outside of your management box. Listen to your eventual reports. Let your superstars rise to the top instead of holding them down. Stop promoting problems and not promoting people who deserve it. Respect your employees because without them there wouldn't be any progress to monitor.

"Leading The Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay, PTO Program, school compensation, promoting healthy lifestyle through onsite gym and activities, solid insurance plan

Cons

Chaotic with new technologies rolling through, employees need to slow down and make better choices, management stress causing unhealthy work environment, rotating shift schedule from nights to days, promotions are acquired by writing a book about how of a hotshot you are (should be reviewed and decided based on merit, not how well you can boast about how you are the greatest).

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are doing the best they can with what they have available. Encourage better decision making because bad decisions are the cause of how hard you push for results. Culture and values are diminishing due to how much pressure you put on your team members.