IM Flash Technologies "cutting edge technology" Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Employee Reviews about "cutting edge technology"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Great culture, centered on company values of teamwork, integrity, execution, and commitment. Cutting edge technology, amazing people.

Cons

Less focus on keeping company culture a "great place to work" while expanding the facility for 3DXP

2. "General Description"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Cutting-edge semiconductor design and manufacturing

Cons

Lean teams but bright and responsive

"Engineer at IMFlash"

Former Employee - Process Control Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Process Control Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment where you will work with cutting edge technology. People are generally friendly and salaries are competitive

Cons

The company initially put a lot of effort into building a great work environment where you were proud to come to work and see the fruits of your labors. Due to recent upper management decisions, that work environment has gone to one where people only look out for number 1. I prefer a team oriented environment, and this sadly is no longer it

Advice to Management

Recent layoffs cut some great talent. This is unavoidable and even understandable. If I had been honest with myself, I should have seen this coming as the company was becoming middle management heavy. Many groups are just too big and meaningful projects are too few and far between.

4. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IM Flash is a great Values based company. They are the leaders in the NAND Flash technology. They use the latest an greatest cutting edge technology and have great benefits.

Cons

There is no gym currently on site. They are in the process of planning and building one. The Semiconductor industry is very cyclical, meaning bonuses are great when the market is doing well.

"Great environment - opportunity to work on cutting edge semiconductor process technology"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Balances cutting edge technology in the semiconductor industry (and high expectations) with good work life balance (rare in this industry), solid corporate programs that demonstrate concern for the employees and the community.

Cons

at times meeting and reporting overload can stifle "real" productivity

Advice to Management

Keep evolving, improving and promoting the core values - but work to free up employee time to work on the most value-added activities

"Good company, management needs work"

Pros

Great coworkers
    Cutting edge memory technology
    Company party every Summer
    Emphasis on site wide safety

Cons

Still too much old Micron culture (Expected to work more than 40hrs, Promotions given to friends, etc)
    Too much emphasis on pretty pictures instead of hard facts.

"Not what I signed up for. Now my family and I are stuck!"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Moved here based on cutting edge technology and claim to promote from within.
    Utah area is nice for families and outdoor activities.
    Teamwork and schedule are attractive.

Cons

My family hates it here, as do some other people's that have moved here from other areas. My kids are persecuted and bullied due to not being mormon. I asked HR about this and they said, "there are many private schools around here". Yes, but those cost a lot of money and I can't afford it. My wife already had to take a job and we use her health care because the IM Flash plan is terrible. I would have not moved here if I would have known how this community is. The company should be more honest before making us sign a two year agreement to repay all of our moving costs and now we are stuck. My family is in tears some times to move away but I can't afford it and it makes me unhappy.
    The company pushes accountability down to the shift level. We work long hours, mandatory overtime, miss breaks, and cut corners to keep tools up, but we get hammered when company goals are not met. We are sick of being blamed for everything, and not having benefits to take care of our families in an area we don't like and now can't leave. I thought the 13th ammendment prohibited this?

Advice to Management

Listen to your shift management teams. Many of them now won't bring things up because they don't want to rock the boat. They are in a pinch between the fab people and their bosses.
    Don't hire techs and tell them there are opportunities to promote from within when that never happens. Last two section manager jobs were Micron people. Techs don't develop into anything.
    We only see managers at team member meetings. What do you do? Do you approve of what is happening in the fab?
    I have to work overtime on sundays but the mormons on my shift never do. Why is their time more important than mine?
    There is a high level of secrecy at this company. The values journey is now a dog and pony show that shift people joke about when a teammate has to go. The value of this is now worthless and just takes away from productivity. It is always clear that things are always going on that affect the team that we get informed about after the fact. Several team members are upset that MBA tuition assistance is being pulled. Many worked here due to benefits that aren't given and now are stuck here.

"Limited career growth opportunities and unfair promotion practices"

Pros

Cutting edge technology, fast paced environment

Cons

Limited professional growth and unfair promotional practices

Advice to Management

Practice fairness in promotional policies. Be mindful of the importance of talent and performance along with experience

9. "Challenging work, and lots of it"

Current Employee - Process Integration
    Current Employee - Process Integration

Pros

Working on cutting edge and highly complex problems. Never short of stuff to work on. Company works hard to communicate to employees and wants to be fair. Time off program allows for many hours accrued.

Cons

Though there is ample vacation time available it may be difficult to use due to high work loads and lean staffing. 50-60+ hour weeks are often the norm.

Advice to Management

Consider starting from a place of trust with engineering teams - often get the feeling that management fears that their employees with "take advantage" of any inch they give them with respect to work time/expectations. The great engineers do donate discretionary time/effort to the company and by allowing the engineers to adapt work hours to best meet their job and personal needs will result in even more of that effort.

"Initially exciting, however becomes monotonous and boring after a time."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Pros

Located in beautiful surroundings. Away from the mad-rush of the city.
    Working on cutting edge semiconductor technology.
    People are friendly.

Cons

Limited scope of promotion.Difficult to find time out from job.
    Management does not give reasons for their decisions.
    Becomes monotonous after some time.

Advice to Management

Get a life !