IM Flash Technologies "pay and benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IM Flash - great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well run company with great employee value. Competitive pay and benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth and development. Love working here!

Cons

Parking is tight with many contractors on site.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your leaders.

"Manufacturing Associate"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. I enjoy the people and teams I've worked with of the past 7yrs.

Cons

Positions and titles change rapidly so advancing a career becomes challenging unless you have an engineering degree or higher.

Advice to Management

Restructuring the company at the rate technology changes (Moore's Law) doesn't benefit the moral of the workers. Technology may change every 18 months but positions and ranking of workers shouldn't alter at that same rate. The training is set up for 1-2years of work to progress yet the positions disappear before the training can be completed.

3. "Engineer"

Pros

Work is exciting, fast paced, and interesting. Definitely know that your work is having a direct effect on company and even industry. Company is decent at providing opportunities to learn and develop. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Biggest challenge is stress level. There is always way more work than can be done that needs to be done yesterday. This can effect work-life balance negatively.

"Hopefully You'll Get a Good Manager...Otherwise BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    If you get a good manager, they'll protect you from the directors.

Cons

The Good 'ol Boy Culture that has turned IM Flash into Micron over the last 10 years.
    Couldn't care less about employees as people, especially if they're technicians.
    Good 'ol Boy managers hire unqualified people to be in mid-senior level positions due to knowing them from Micron.
    Sloganeering (Speak Out? Only when they agree with what you say.)

Advice to Management

Think outside of your management box. Listen to your eventual reports. Let your superstars rise to the top instead of holding them down. Stop promoting problems and not promoting people who deserve it. Respect your employees because without them there wouldn't be any progress to monitor.

"Not perfect but definitely not a bad place to work..."

Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Lehi, UT

Pros

Good pay & benefits...great overall company to work for but can also depend on who your supervisor/manager is too.

Cons

poor management and disconnect between the people making decisions and the actual people affected by those decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees a little more...lots of time wasted due to bad procedures and useless meetings (not all meeting useless but a lot are..).

"Beware of Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great technology to work on.
    State of the art facility.
    Generally good co-workers to work with.
    Exposure to Intel and Micron.
    Good city and state to work in.
    Decent pay and benefits.
    Safety; Managers is really good at standing at the bottom and top of the stairs to make sure you are holding on to the handles when walking up/down the stairs (seriously, this is not a joke).

Cons

Knowing what I know now, I would not have chosen to work here for these reasons:

There is absolutely no lack of accountability on management. They do not exist on the same level as everyone else. What they say and decide upon is not to be challenged nor questioned, regardless of what the data may say. From one of my personal experience, I had a discussion with my manager on a risk vs reward decision and he agreed on the decision we made together. Then his manager found out about the decision and needless to say, my manager did not hesitate to throw me under the bus in my next one on one. Another experience: the last all hands on deck meeting we had, someone asked if the lay-offs impacting the parent companies would affect IMFlash. CEO says absolutely not, we're already running lean. 2 months go by and they "had" to cut several hundred workers because of the parent companies' condition.

Opinions, suggestions for improvements, and such things can only come top-down. There is no bottom-up flow of communication. There are surveys and such things but rest assured, nothing you say or vote for will really matter.

There is also a lack of career mobility. There is definitely a sense of your work and merit doesn't really matter when it comes to career progression because it really is all about how good your relationship is with the men on the edge cubicles.

There may be other groups in the company who were not like the group I was stuck in so really do your research and if you can, get the inside scoop on the team you're looking to join.

Another regret I have before leaving the company was how much time-off I had I could not use because I thought I was being a good employee by not using my time-off when I didn't really need to. It was seriously stupid of me to not use my time-off for my child's birth because of a fab emergency. I should have never listened to my manager's request for help, it was not more important (except for him) and I was repaid with a one on one where I was told my performance was lacking 2 weeks later.

Last thing, much like other reviews of the company, culture and values are all talk and if nothing else, they only apply to normal employees and not management.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. Management would not listen to internal suggestions, I am not stupid enough to think they would listen to opinions/suggestions coming from outside of the company.

7. "Equipment Technician"

Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, and bonus alone is worth working for this company.

Cons

no communication between leadership and the techs on the floor.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experience Techs. They are the ones doing all the work and have the most experience.

8. "Equipment Tech Intern"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

-Good Pay and Benefits
    -Lots of time off
    -Great learning experience

Cons

-Long Shifts
    -Tends to be either very slow or very busy

Advice to Management

N/A

9. "dry etch"

Pros

Good pay, benefits, nice place to work.

Cons

Work schedule, attendance policy, food.

Advice to Management

Communication

"Overall good technology company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

IM Flash is a challenging place to work. They are constantly fighting a cut throat industry and there is constant pressure on manufacturing to perform flawless. Good pay, benefits, opportunities for solid engineering career.

Cons

Management development process has always been an area that IM flash has lacked. They have motivated people that become unmotivated due to the lack of systems to develop their skills. They rely more on Type A people to crush the spirit of others to get the work done.

Advice to Management

Typically this company is run by type A people and they have little room for those that analyze and think of better systems. Typically this company spends more time fighting fires than developing sound solutions or utilizing people with . The systems they typically implement make it more difficult for the end users to perform.