IM Flash Technologies "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

IM Flash Technologies Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great opportunities to develop, work life balance

Cons

Limited and slow career path. Chaos and uncertainty of joint venture. Finance doesn’t have the same clout as in other companies to drive strategy and decisions. Forced diversity. I was in a meeting where they were talking about a mentorship program, and the HR rep said everyone was eligible except white males.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities, and a better career path. Hire and promote based off of merit not race or gender.

"I don't see all the cons..."

Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say that I have experienced most of the cons stated. My career at IM Flash has been what I have put into it. I work hard, I speak my mind, I hold myself and others accountable. As a result I have been fortunate enough to have managers and supervisors who have valued what I have to offer. I came to IMFT as a T3, but I do understand the frustration from some Technicians. Also, all of my projects have been to fix the things I complained about. So, OT wasn't an issue. I am blessed with an awesome work life balance and the company offers some pretty decent perks. I swear... I am not HR. Not everything has gone my way, I have been told "No" on more than one occasion. I think folks need to manage their expectations.

Cons

Again... not everything has gone my way. But my biggest issue is the technicians that cry wolf but spend nightshift watching youtube while tools sit red. The techs that signed on to do a job, THE job they got hired to do, the job they agreed to receive pay for doing, yet don't. Like... sitting at their desk refusing to go into the cleanroom because they hate gowning...yet are an equipment tech. So that's a real con. Because if I am doing your job... when do I have time to do my own?

Advice to Management

RIF or job re assignments. If a tech cannot perform the basic duties of a Tech and enjoy spending their time socializing... send them to the ROC.

3. "Good company to work"

Current Employee - Process Integration Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Integration Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good culture, good people and work life balance

Cons

pay raise is slow and

4. "Excellent employeer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, career development, culture, core values, compensation

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

5. "Equipment Technician"

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Upward mobility
    Work life balance (at least shift work and as long as you don't mind 4 months of night shift at a time)

Cons

Some high expectations
    Expected, but not expected, to do OT to finish projects on top of normal work requirements

6. "Engineer"

Pros

Work is exciting, fast paced, and interesting. Definitely know that your work is having a direct effect on company and even industry. Company is decent at providing opportunities to learn and develop. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Biggest challenge is stress level. There is always way more work than can be done that needs to be done yesterday. This can effect work-life balance negatively.

"Manufacturing engineering"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work-life balance, allow you great opportunities to get involved with your coworkers outside of work. management is dedicated and hardworking, providing endless support and guidance for growth potential.

Cons

Partnership from Intel and Micron, meaning celing is limited to growth to this Fab. undervalue careers outside of engineering. male dominated and 24/7 business

Advice to Management

technical skills are not the only education that are needed for success

"Tech"

Former Employee - Tech in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Tech in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good if you get opportunity. Benefits(medical,dental,401k match). Management can be good if you get the right people. Your peers are for the most part good people. The CEO's seem like great people who are really doing their best to make the company succeed. Bottom line is if you are smart and like money/benefits over job satisfaction than this is the place for you!

Cons

If you work for a bad manager or supervisor your life will be hell. You have to write a novel to get promoted and even after you have every bullet accurately filled out it is still HEAVILY subject to opinions of management. Career path from YE tech is basically non-existant. You stay a tech or you leave the company. They talk heavily about the values of the company, but the company itself does not follow them(The people do though for the most part). If you are a tech your opinion is disregarded and you will command 0 respect from others(outside of your peers). As soon as you go salary your work life balance disappears; the engineers in YA work 50+ hours per week and this is just expected. The micron mentality is slowly creeping its way back into the company and its heading downhill because of it. Area management will have favorites who will get promotions/recognition who don't deserve them while snubbing those who do. Management heavily values a university degree over everything else including: experience, motivation, dedication, deductive reasoning, etc. We have hired many people into roles who are terrible employees but at least they have a degree!(Even though they had someone highly intelligent,motivated, with loads of experience applying as well).

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and they will invest in you. If you continue ignoring people who are highly motivated to succeed they will just leave and use their motivation at another company.

9. "excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and salary is competitive
    good work/life balance
    great culture with diversity, and good core values

Cons

management can micromanage at times (not in my department). training for new employees are better in some department than others

Advice to Management

have a balance on micro managing. acknowledge employees when they do a good job and create an environment for your employees where they actually look forward to come to work.

10. "Not Bad"

Former Employee - Process Engineer
    Former Employee - Process Engineer

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Work/ Life balance
    Easy to standout among peers
    Good pay
    Most managers are good

Cons

Too relaxed and complacent with deadlines, expectations and goals. Allows people who are poor performers to get by.
    Tiered promotion scale hits a ceiling at certain levels.
    Company culture can encourage people to become complacent and lack motivation to push themselves.

Advice to Management

Push your employees and do not accept excuses and missed deadlines.