KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

93% Recommend to a Friend
81% Approve of CEO

Found 151 of over 199 reviews

4.5
IMC Trading Co-CEO IMC Financial Markets (no image)
IMC Financial Markets

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Very poor management, old technology.(in 9 reviews)
  • "life balance, long hours(in 7 reviews)
  • "The two managers were taking about more than everyone else (150 people) combined.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Bonus is a black box and most people have no clue how it is determined and why it is skewed the way it is.(in 4 reviews)
  • "High pressure and demand to deliver a lot with high quality in short time and then they point fingers when bugs are discovered here or there.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, decent pay, wonderful people

Aug 2, 2022 - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture, activities, social events, 'feel' of company (casual and open) - Attracts genuinely kind, honest people who care about each other

Cons

- Remuneration is lower compared with other HFTs

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 27, 2022 - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good life/work balance, awesome perks

Cons

The interview process was extensive

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Trading Company in Chicago

Jul 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who has worked at different financial shops, IMC has truly stood apart in that it takes culture and collaboration as seriously as it says it does. Working at IMC, you'll be surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry in an environment that is conducive for collaborating and learning.

Cons

Be prepared for the direct nature of your coworkers. Everyone at IMC is not afraid to give feedback and it is important to not take anything personally.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 3, 2022 - Quantitave Trader in Walnut, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work for and very fun

Cons

a lot of work to do

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Work Environment

May 19, 2022 - Quantitative Trader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture - Pay - Flexibility in roles

Cons

- Hierarchy communication is difficult, so can feel isolated at times

Continue reading
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

HFT Firm

May 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong at market making, algorithms

Cons

Not as strong in discretionary areas

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

May 23, 2022 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- IMC pampers its employees with tons and tons of perks and a really nice office - High tech company on the cutting edge of trading - More relaxed environment and friendly people than other trading companies - Good PTO

Cons

- Not enough managers, only engineers, and engineers usually aren't good at managing - Poor mentorship

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Lipstick on a pig

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of great benefits. They pull all the right levers that make the work environment enjoyable. These include company trips, free lunches, gym memberships, events upon events etc. The perks are really nice and well thought out. The firm has done very well and so it is always nice to work at a winning team.

Cons

Unfortunately, the perks and other benefits fail to mask the underlying decay that has been festering ever since I have worked here (and I have been here a long time). 1. VERY DUTCH - this is a forgone conclusion and in all fairness, they have tried to correct the issue somewhat. But then their words are betrayed by some silly action coming in from AMS. At the end, know that this is a Dutch owned and Dutch run company. Their culture and ways are very different from what we expect in the US. People are sent over from AMS to be the eyes and ears for the owners. 2. NO TRANSPARENCY - very little information on important things are shared. Bonus is a black box and most people have no clue how it is determined and why it is skewed the way it is. There is always "talking points" that try to explain but it fails every single time. This place has sued its own employees. Yes it has. Many years ago a bonus leak by HR caused a huge uproar and people were targeted and sued and fired (very Putin-ish). But most people never heard why that was the case, what was found, and why these harsh decisions where made. Then the Chicago CEO at the time, who had been at the firm a long time, was unable to communicate appropriately and just made things worse. A few years later, he was fired and no reason was given as to why he was let go. It seems like major decisions, that affect a lot of people, are glazed over - but hey we do get fresh free lunch!! 3. WEAK LEADERSHIP - when the above mentioned CEO was fired, there were a few good candidate that could have replaced him. Instead they picked someone who was moldable and would not be a threat to AMS. I like the guy who is the new CEO but I think he is way over his head when it comes to creating leaders and better managers. Not his fault, the firm does not have a good leadership program or the desire to want to hire great leaders from the outside. Again, in all fairness, they hired a couple of people from the outside and they were complete disasters. But they could have done a better job recruiting the right person instead of people connected to someone on the management team.

Continue reading
    15 people found this review helpful

IMC Trading Response

Marketing and Branding Manager

Thanks for your feedback. IMC got its start almost 35 years ago in Amsterdam and we’re really proud of our Dutch roots. We work hard to share and live IMC’s Values, including Taking Responsibility for Others as well as Yourself, Recognizing the Best Ideas Regardless of Hierarchy, and Making Things Happen Today—and Making Them Better Tomorrow. We believe the growth and success of our US operations, led by our current CEO for the past 5 years, reflect these values. As part of our IMC Values, we have a strong belief that opportunities should go to the most qualified team members, regardless of nationality or race. Our effort to provide clear, substantive, and transparent communication is also at the forefront of our efforts, as is our commitment to continue to grow and improve. That said, we all have areas for improvement and we encourage continuous feedback to help make our team better. I strongly encourage you to stop by my office and let your opinions be heard. My door is always open and I’ll do everything I can to make sure IMC is a place where our people understand and live our IMC Values. - Mel, Head of HR

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

Dec 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, and great people.

Cons

None that I have seen

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Nov 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture. People are friendly

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 151 Reviews
</>Embed

IMC Trading Reviews FAQs

IMC Trading has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 199 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at IMC Trading to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, IMC Trading employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at IMC Trading. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

93% of IMC Trading employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IMC Trading 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at IMC Trading to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with IMC Trading Job Seekers