IMP-SF Reviews | Glassdoor

Brock Greene
  1. loved working at IMP

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IMP-SF full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I worked at Integrated Marketing Partners for 3 years as a Senior Art Director. It was a great experience, especially working wth the three partners. They are hard working, inspiring experts in their field, and genuinely kind and fun people to be around. I left the company when moving out of San Francisco, but working at IMP was a great time in my career.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. I really enjoyed my time at IMP.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Freelancer's Dream

Current Employee - Freelance Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IMP-SF for more than 20 years

Pros

Have worked steadily for this small Union Square agency for years. VERY buttoned up account management staff, which makes my job as a freelance writer MUCH easier. Creative management is collaborative and trusts you know how to do your job and gets out of the way. GREAT work/life balance...everyone works hard and gets what needs to be done during normal work hours.

Cons

Not really a con, but a precautionary note: Speaking from a freelancer's point of view, the agency expects you to hit the ground running on a new project. There's not a lot of time for back-and-forth or endless rounds of revisions. Personally, I appreciate the approach, but if you're a creative who needs lots of time and space to create, you may find yourself paddling furiously to keep up.

Closed-minds and no communication

• Overall

I have been working at IMP-SF part-time

Pros

Can't really think of any right now because I'm thinking of leaving.

Cons

NO communication whatsoever. People just expect you to know things and a few are rude when you ask basic questions. Also not open to doing things differently. They have their processes, ideas, and operations and that's how it done.

Advice to Management

Communication. Communication. Communication.

Not your typical agency...quiet environment...no passion...no team building

Former Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IMP-SF full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

location of the agency was is in the Fidi so central in that the public transportation was near and good lunch spots. Work-life balance was great...definitely a 9-5 type place, not common for agency which was great..not like my old spot working long 10-12 hour days. Very flexible with time-off, doctors appts etc.

Cons

Definitely not a team environment. Tons of "mean girl" mentality from both men and women there. Mismanaged talent in all departments within the agency. No promotions and the pay isn't great. No leaders there just poor managers. Projects weren't fun...might not be the Agency's fault but definitely lacked in the biz dev in terms of bringing in fun accounts.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring a consultant to come in and help you re-evaluate the work space, structure, etc. If you're an Agency, might want to act like it...definitely was not a fun place to come to work and didn't feel support in terms of growth.

Found 4 reviews