IMT Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero

Pros
  • The Corporate office is just a phone call / short drive away (in 10 reviews)

• IMT's tag line is "putting you first" and I always feel as though they truly care about me and do put me first (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons for myself working for IMT Residential it is an amazing company to work for (in 10 reviews)

• We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it (in 4 reviews)

1. "Property Management"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IMT was a company that had the best training department

Cons

The company buys properties and then sells them and does not give their employees a heads up till lat minute

May 2, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for the review and your compliment of our Training team! We realize that a property sale is stressful for associates at the community. We try to be sensitive to that aspect of the ... More

2. "Beware of IMT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IMT offers great benefits, and is a rapidly growing company.

Cons

Very poor management, poor interdepartmental communication, lack of training.

Advice to Management

Spend more time to train employees, maybe they will stay longer, because they actually know what's going on.

Apr 18, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review and for your work with IMT! I'm sorry to read that your experience with IMT's training and communication was not as you would have liked. We wish you the best with your ... More

3. "The pros and the "cons""

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the team is amazing. They're Always flexible and understanding. The residents and corporate office is great. Very close to the Valley if you live there. Everything is newish so you are not working in an old building. The corporation is helpful and professional.

Cons

I worked with a lot of people and they all came from Equity or from someone who knew someone and they got away with everything. They would be talking to you and trying to get you written up for the same stuff they did. The managers are too afraid to tell the staff what to do and address anything because the staff is very close with the manager’s boss. Nothing was consistent. I worked with an assistant manager who talked about partying and swore in the office and acted like a fool gossiping when our manager wasn't there. It was one of the reasons I left. The bonuses are cheap. The hours are good but most places aren't open seven days a week. The company also grows and sells changing employees and you move around a lot.

Advice to Management

Be very kind to your hard workers and say hello to the little guys leasing. Ask people what they want. Test your employees on their skills! Shop the managers and assistant managers and hold all of them accountable! Drug test everyone randomly too.

Jan 5, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

I'm glad to read of your appreciation for your teammates, the communities, the hours, and the overall corporation. Regarding the cons that you noted, I hope you discussed your concerns with ... More

4. "Could not be happier with this company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, work life balance, training, management, and a true sense that everyone wants you to succeed. Excellent atmosphere and attitude.

Cons

The commission structure isn't very good compared to many property management companies and the portfolio is still pretty small so room for growth is limited.

Advice to Management

Thank you for looking out for your employees. I've never worked for a company that so whole heartedly puts its staff first. It's a fool proof strategy though because when we're taken care of, we strive to take care of our residents.

Dec 12, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your review! Putting You First is what IMT strives for, and I'm glad that you see it happening. Thank you for all that you do for IMT and our residents!

5. "My View of IMT"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Lone Tree, CO

Pros

working with some of the best people in this industry on and off site(corporate office), Living onsite at one of our beautiful properties, being lead by amazing regional(s) and higher ups that aren't above working side by side with the onsite staff because of their position.

Cons

Been with IMT over two years and can't think of any thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 31, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to read of your positive experience working with the team and living at one of the communities. We appreciate all that you've done for IMT over the past ... More

6. "maintenance manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

they value your opinion and treat you like your important

Cons

nothing bad to say at this time

Nov 3, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing a review, and for your extremely valuable work of maintaining an IMT community!

7. "Outstanding!!!"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff, treats employees right, very rewarding company!

Cons

Only con I can think of is that it's so good I can't think of one!

Oct 12, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I am delighted to see the enthusiasm in your review! Thank you for choosing IMT for your career!

"Pathetic management"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Lone Tree, CO

Pros

Training is about the only pro I can only think of.

Cons

Management, perks, community appearance, job satisfaction and career opportunities.

Advice to Management

This company plays favoritism they go by the good old saying "its about who you know, not what you know." If you want room for growth this company is not for you. I was promised a position that I was never given the opportunity to complete. I was hired as "Resident service associate" but did nothing but leasing duties the whole time because they have high turnover.

Nov 3, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry to read that you were not pleased with your experience at IMT. We wish you the best in finding the position and company that will be a better fit for you.

9. "Lucky to work here"

Current Employee - RA Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - RA Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Atmosphere that allows you to learn and grow. They don't breathe down your neck like a lot of other companies. They really take care of their employees and residents in all areas.

Cons

None at this moment

Sep 12, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for writing a review! I also feel lucky to be a part of a company which such a strong focus on employees and residents. I am glad that you enjoy the atmosphere and have been able to ... More

"It's the people that make the difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You actually get face time with everyone from analysts to the CEO, no one is off limits. This is especially beneficial if you are looking to move to different departments or areas, as many people have changed positions. Since you get to know everyone, you have the opportunity to create bonds with the people you work with, thus making every work day more enjoyable.

Cons

If you are prone to making many mistakes, everyone will know.

Advice to Management

Continue to take input from all employees regardless of position.

Jul 28, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for 5 years with IMT! I, too, enjoy having interaction with so many people in different departments. We learn and get support from one another which makes all of our jobs easier. You are ... More