IMT Residential Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.5
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers(in 13 reviews)

• "Very good work environment indeed(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue(in 5 reviews)

• "We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Positive Company Culture

May 6, 2021 - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing company culture! Corporate departments are friendly and promote a positive working environment. -Great pay/benefits. -Excellent communication with all departments. -Honest, fair and moral company. They genuinely care for their employees and residents.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Your review is a pleasure to read! We are so pleased that you are enjoying our great IMTeam culture. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for being a part of the team for over three years!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Apr 17, 2021 - Field Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, with great benefits and bonus structures

Cons

Sometimes does not buy as much properties in Florida.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am pleased to read that you found IMT to be a "great company." We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package and monthly bonuses for all of our associates working at all of our communities! As you may know, we are committed to continuing to do business in Florida and our acquisitions team is actively looking for additional communities to purchase there. We agree that we need more maintenance training and we have already started to implement programs! Last year, our Training Team facilitated sessions on customer service and service standards to all of our maintenance associates. Later this year, our Training Team will be rolling out a program of video courses on the technical parts of the job including plumbing, electrical and appliances. IMT will continue to look for ways to better support our associates. Thank you for your review and for being a part of the IMTeam for over five years!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company Ever

Apr 8, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. The overall work-culture is very good. They really care about their employees.

Cons

There weren't really any cons to working here. I got to live where I worked and I loved my job.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Wow, we are honored to be called the "Best Company Ever." I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the Putting You First mission of taking care of our associates and our customers. Thank you for the review and for being a part of the IMTeam!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Awesome

Apr 15, 2021 - AP Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are very nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Pay is very low but the work is stacked.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for writing a review! I'm glad you found IMT to be an "awesome" place to work and that you enjoyed the people. IMT recognizes that it is people who make it an enjoyable place to work and a successful company. Every associate has annual performance review discussion with their manager that includes a review of the pay rate and a merit increase that is based on performance. Since you were with us less than one year, you likely did not have that opportunity for a pay increase. We tend to have busy days to accomplish our goals and continue our success. However, we keep overtime to a minimum to ensure a good work/life balance. Thank you for your contributions to IMT! We wish you the best with your career!

5. 5.0

Incredibly supportive

Feb 11, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training opportunities Engaged management Strong communication from corporate

Cons

Weekend hours sometimes Seasonal shifts in workload

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review of your IMT experience! I am very pleased to read that you appreciate IMT's training, management team, and communication from corporate. Over the past couple of years, we've expanded our training team so we could expand our training offerings. Providing strong leadership and corporate support is very important to us. We do our best to make sure our associates working at the communities have everything needed to be successful. I'm glad you mentioned the occasional weekend work and seasonal shifts. Our communities are open six or seven days a week to be available for our residents, and summers can be quite busy because more people move at that time. This is important information for anyone considering working in the property management industry. Thank you again for the review and for choosing IMT for your career!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, amazing people, career development!

Sep 10, 2020 - Recruiting & Engagement in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

IMT is a company that actually lives their mission statement: Putting You First! IMT always prioritizes the best interest of their associates. Whether it’s through comprehensive benefits, an engaging culture, incredible colleagues and teammates, work-life balance, or the opportunity for career growth, IMT really cares about their people. Specifically during the Covid-19 pandemic, IMT has thrived by going above and beyond for employees with incredible opportunities and gestures that include team lunches, weekly trivia, care packages, and thorough communication. I’m grateful to have found an incredible “work home” where I can grow. I’m proud to work at IMT Residential!

Cons

Though the office space is modern and high quality, sometimes there can be a lack of privacy with shared office space and a cubicle setup in the corporate office.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review of some of the things you appreciate about IMT and how the mission Putting You First is demonstrated! We are grateful to have you on the IMTeam!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company culture!

Mar 3, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

good engagement, corporate support, good bonus structure, opportunities to grow in company,

Cons

micromanaged at times, slow turn over for some Capex type processes,

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am pleased to see that you feel engaged at IMT and enjoy the culture, corporate support, bonuses and career opportunities! However, I am sorry to see that you feel micromanaged at times and would like faster capital expenditure processes. IMT has some checks and balances in place to ensure consistency, adherence to regulations and policies, and collaborative decision making. While it may be frustrating at times to not be able to make a decision or act on our own, we feel the team approach leads to the best possible outcomes. It looks like your comment about PTO was cutoff. You are welcome to present your thoughts and suggestions to your manager or HR for consideration. Thank you for your review and for being part of the IMTeam for over five years!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Feb 23, 2021 - Customer Support Representative in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive atmosphere, friendly people, laid back work environment

Cons

no complaints, loved working there. Got laid off due to Covid-19 if not I'd still be working . Diversity and inclusion could be a future focus though.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review and for your work as a Customer Support Representative! I am glad that it was a positive experience for you! I appreciate your suggestion for a diversity and inclusion focus. We believe the sentiments of diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded in the company IMTeam culture and Putting You First mission which provides an environment where everyone is supported and encouraged to do their best work. In 2020, we anonymously surveyed our associates on diversity and inclusion and were very pleased that we received a high score on every statement in the survey! Thank you again for being a part of the IMTeam. We hope that you have since found another career opportunity that you enjoy just as much!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

IMT really does value their employees

Aug 24, 2020 - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've heard other companies say that 'their employees are their most valuable asset', but their actions never indicate that, but IMT really walked their talk; from the attentive communication, to doubling the commissions, and even the small gift baskets sent with snacks. IMT really does value their employees. Keep it up!

Cons

None come to my mind.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for choosing IMT for 3+ years of your career! I am pleased that you feel IMT is true to the company's mission of Putting You First. I completely agree that it is important to act upon our words and we will continue to allow our IMTeam values to guide our decisions. Thank you for mentioning a few specific actions you appreciate and a suggestion.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 19, 2021 - Junior Interior Designer in Sherman Oaks, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the work environment and friendliness of staff and management.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind.

AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I am so glad that you enjoyed the work environment and friendly people while working at IMT! Our employee engagement results have resulted in IMT being named a "Best Place to Work" for the past six years. Thank you for the review and for your work as part of our design team. We wish you the best in your career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 168 Reviews