IMT Residential Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2020

4.5
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers(in 13 reviews)

• "Team environment with great support system from upper management(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "As of yet I have no cons to mention(in 17 reviews)

• "We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - General Laborer

I worked at IMT Residential part-time

Pros

Work environment and opportunities

Cons

Long hours sometimes but not often

IMT Residential2020-04-14

April 16, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I'm glad you enjoyed IMT's excellent work environment and the opportunities provided to our associates. We wish you the best with your career!

2. "Such an amazing work environment so far"

I have been working at IMT Residential

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff, easy and thorough background screening, great interview process, responsive employer, awesome workspace, organized departments, amazing cafe/break space with tons of goodies

Cons

None so far in my experience

IMT Residential2020-04-10

April 13, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I'm so glad you are enjoying the work environment. We try to foster a collaborative, team-oriented, supportive, and comfortable environment for people to be able to do their best work. Thank you for choosing IMT for your career!

3. "Growing Company, Great Place to Gain Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Risk Management Analyst in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to take on significant responsibilities and acquire new skills. Company promotes from within and accommodates transfers to other departments. Office Café has a good coffee/espresso machine & a variety of healthy snacks. Bagel Mondays and Free Lunch Fridays. Never had a dull day, ever.

Cons

Could have used more headcount to handle the volume & complexity of the work.

IMT Residential2020-01-23

February 19, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for writing a review of your IMT experience! I'm glad you found IMT to be a place where a person can develop their career. We're proud of our track record of promoting from within, and providing the tools and support for a person to grow and be successful. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the office perks. This is an environment in which our workload fluctuates and it can be very busy at times. I appreciate that IMT encourages reasonable work schedules even during those busy times. Most of the time, our associates are able to maintain eight-hour workdays. Additionally, for many of our corporate positions, associates are able to determine their work schedule. Thank you for your 5+ years with IMT! We wish you the best with your future career endeavors!

4. "IMT really cares about US"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Work Environment!! I love my co-workers and since I've started with the company everyone has gone out of their way to help me learn. Great Company Culture. I actually look forward to going to work!

Cons

None at the moment. I plan to grow with IMT. I would love if we got the chance to enter a Manager trainee program to prep us for moving forward with the company as we grow.

IMT Residential2019-12-28

January 9, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! It sounds like you are experiencing our people-focused company mission, Putting You First. I'm glad to read that you enjoy your team and the culture, and that you'd like to grow your career with us. In 2020, the Training team is rolling out a program for new Community Managers. With that content built out, there will be future opportunities to extend some of that training to our Leasing Consultants and Assistant Community Managers to prepare for growth. In the meantime, there's a lot of training that could happen at your community. Be sure to let your Assistant Community Manager and Community Manager know of your interest, volunteer to help when it's needed, and look at every situation as a learning opportunity.

5. "Stressful but rewarding job!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the autonomy you get with the job. You manage yourself pretty much and there is no micromanaging. The managers have confidence in their sales team so there is no heavy focus on numbers. It is a fun job because you get to help people who are often in the middle of a big life transition. Making it as stress free as possible for them is very rewarding. The company is great about giving you time off if you need it. My requests for vacation or PTO have always been approved. You get 2 weeks vaca and 1 week of PTO which is amazing. So far they have added a holiday each year that you will be off (Last year President's Day and then this year MLK Day). The insurance is great as well! Only a $250 deductible. You also get 20% off of your rent if you live at an IMT property. So great benefits! The job is fun and most days I really look forward to going to work.

Cons

-Often times there is a lot of chaos & stress! Apartments won't be ready on time or you'll be told it is clean and ready to go when it really isn't. Slightly embarrassing when you go to show the resident their new apartment prior to move-in and find the place to be filthy. -One of the.managers will talk to you in a very condescending way at times and show no respect if they aren't happy about something. -The schedule is hard because you never get two days off in a row. Ever! You're told it just isn't possible even when we're fully staffed. That can make it hard because typically most people need 2 full days to recharge... even if it is just twice a month. The schedule is the hardest thing. The only reason I would leave is because of the schedule or to make more money elsewhere. There is also high turnover.

IMT Residential2019-12-29

January 9, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

I appreciate the attention you put into the review! In the pros, you touched on one of the aspects of the Leasing Consultant position that many people enjoy - That great feeling of helping someone find home! I'm glad that you also enjoyed IMT's benefits package. We continuously review the offerings to see how we may improve which most recently resulted in adding MLK Day to our paid holidays as you mentioned. In the cons, I'm sorry to hear of some of your experiences. We strive to consistently have a seamless and high quality process of preparing the apartments for new residents, and condescending communication is never acceptable. Regarding the schedule, given that it's a six or seven day a week business, Leasing Consultants always work one or two weekend days, and at just a few of our communities we are not able to give consecutive days off to have adequate coverage. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your IMT experience! We wish you the best with your future career endeavors!

6. "Good job"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Commission structure and bonuses

Cons

No recognition for accomplishments

IMT Residential2019-11-12

November 12, 2019Director of Recruiting & Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I'm glad that you found the Leasing Consultant position to be a good job and that you appreciated the commissions and bonuses. However, I'm sorry that you didn't feel recognized for your accomplishments. We continuously strive to be the best employer we can be and we will consider your feedback. We do have some recognition programs in place such as our Inspire monthly newsletter which our Training team started two years ago. Inspire provides a forum to give kudos for great work, as well as, a place for associates to provide tips for their peers nationwide. We'll continue to look for opportunities to show appreciation for the great work our associates are doing every day. We wish you much success in your career!

7. "Fun environment but really micromanaged"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super fun staff. The regional director is very down to earth and understanding; for the most part will always stand by your decision. Lots of opportunities to get to know staff from other properties. Flexible with personal emergencies. Fair commission rates.

Cons

There’s a department for literally everything. Too many hands in situations that should be able to be handled by the property manager. Constant changes in procedures and programs.

IMT Residential2019-11-04

November 12, 2019AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for writing a review and choosing IMT for the past 3+ years! Leasing is fun! I'm glad you've enjoyed the role, your team and the environment. I am also pleased that you appreciate the Regional's leadership style - I agree that she is really great to work with! It's true that we have many departments to help with many functions. We hope that its viewed more as support than micromanagement. IMT is a collaborative environment and decisions are made by multiple people. We feel that the team approach to managing the properties leads to the best outcomes rather than have one person, manager or other, make all of the decisions. If you ever have questions about a decision, a procedure, or why we may be making a change, please feel free to ask for clarity on the why behind it. Thank you, again, for choosing IMT and for your contributions to the company's success!

8. "Love this place!"

Current Employee - AR Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly my favorite place I’ve ever worked and I very much mean it. I’ve had so much communication from all of my managers and coworkers with no issues. The team is always beyond helpful and the environment is just easy to work in, no toxic behavior or issues. I love the diversity, the free lunch Friday’s and the company! This place has been so good to me and I really recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to build their corporate career!

Cons

Mmm maybe higher pay but that’s it

IMT Residential2019-10-10

November 12, 2019Director of Recruiting & Engagement

Wow, I love your enthusiasm and positive remarks about IMT! I agree that it's a very special place to work. I'm glad that you are getting the communication and support needed to help you perform your job and develop your career. Thank you for everything you are doing for our AR department and IMT's success!

9. "Solid"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Great Place to work a lot

Cons

None that I can think of

IMT Residential2019-09-20

September 24, 2019Director of Recruiting & Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I'm so pleased that you find IMT a "great place to work". We were thrilled to find out last week that IMT has earned the designation One of the Best Places to Work in Multifamily for the fifth consecutive year. One of the reasons this designation is so rewarding is that consideration is mostly based on feedback from IMT associates. We will continue striving to be the best employer we can be for you!

10. "Pay is low otherwise this company deserves 5 stars"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Aurora, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good work environment indeed!

Cons

Pay could be a little better in some titles

IMT Residential2019-08-27

August 28, 2019Director of Recruiting & Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate the high rating and positive comment about the IMT work environment. As you may already know, you will receive a performance review each year at your anniversary. Included in that process is a review of your pay rate and a performance based merit increase. I'd like to encourage you to continue performing well and building your skills; and discuss your career and how you may advance professionally and financially with your manager. I wish you much success with your IMT career!

Found 154 reviews