IMT Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I have been with IMT for over 7 years at the corporate office and watched as all the regions continued to do well except CA (in 12 reviews)

• Still standing strong and committed to their employees and residents (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons at this time that I can think of (in 12 reviews)

1. "Corporate Controller"

Former Employee - Corporate Controller in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Controller in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IMT is a great place to work. The team members & leadership are top notch! It has been a growing company which can be problematic for some organizations, but IMT has proven to deliver a great residential experience for its customers while maintaining a great culture for its team members and exceptional deliverables to its investors.
    I enjoyed my time working there and would recommend it to anyone looking for employment in the field.

Cons

No cons that come to mind, but if you’re looking for a mundane, 9-5 (or more) that is not stimulating & rewarding, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue thinking BIG! We need more IMT Residential properties across the U.S. I look forward to seeing your continued success!

Jan 4, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

It is a pleasure to read your review. The people at IMT make it a great place to work! Thank you for being part of the IMTeam for 5+ years and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

2. "Lots of perks"

I worked at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Lots of perks working at corporate office.

Cons

Doesn't pay well and bad communication amongst coworkers

Jan 31, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed the many perks at our corporate office. Among other things, we are pleased to reward our associates with bagels every Monday morning, lunches... More

3. "3 years"

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

None come to mind quickly

Advice to Management

None

Jan 31, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate your contributions to the company's success during your 3 years at IMT, and we wish you much career success!

4. "Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Norwalk, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Norwalk, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IMT is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They hired me as a brand new Leasing Consultant and ensured that I would have all the support I needed to grow in my position. IMT provides it's employees with tons of structure and genuinely has there employees best interest at heart. Thank you for a wonderful year IMT!

Cons

There are no cons at this time that I can think of.

Advice to Management

The California regional team is the best! Raanda, Vanessa, and Veronica were a pleasure to work for.

Nov 22, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review! I'm pleased to read of your positive experience as a Leasing Consultant with us. We hope the knowledge and experience you gained at IMT... More

5. "Managememt"

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company will pay overtime when property is short staff

Cons

The salaries and benefits for their employees at the properties.

Advice to Management

The Owners should talk to the employees one on one that run the properties to find out if their salaries and benefits support their need for their well being. Then the results will be share instead of the future turnover within IMT Residential as of now.

Dec 5, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

I'm sorry to read that you did not find IMT to be the enjoyable and rewarding experience we strive to provide. We hope you have since found the right opportunity for you.

6. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management strives to provide the best experience. IMT provides great compensation and training.

Cons

No cons to working at IMT.

Advice to Management

Keep the great going!

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

It is a joy to read your review! Thank you for your contributions to IMT over the past 3+ years. I think our Community Managers are wonderful to work with - Keep the great going!

7. "Growing Company with Potential"

Former Employee - Training in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Training in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wrote a review when I was still employed. Now that I have been gone for a little while my opinion has not changed much, it is still a positive outlook. HR is very helpful and friendly. The Owners are amazing and hands on. The CA regional team that I reported to prior to my promotion was exceptional. I may have never left if Randa Issa was still my supervisor. With all the choices out there and the millions of property management companies, you have to have a balance between managing and being human. Her and the team were great leaders with outstanding support. Being treated like a person made me respect her and want to work harder for IMT. I really feel like we all adopted that attitude and if you work in Cali for IMT, you will be happy you did! I also was promoted several times and I really felt like the owners believed in me.

Cons

Not everything was sunny all the time, no job is, but I really don't have much to complain about. It was a good experience for me and I'm thankful for it. I do wish that there was more opportunity for growth. I was promoted to a position that I felt hit a wall financially (besides annual raises)so a bonus structure would have been a nice touch.

Advice to Management

Management is Amazing! Scott is very hand on and professional. John's care and concern of his communities is a wonderful way to lead by example. I think for people to understand the culture we work so hard for it would benefit to restructure training with HR and Ashley together to help our new employees at the hiring process and beyond. Ashley has some amazing ideas that should be initiated from the start. Have social media, marketing and pricing be on structured group as well might help?

Oct 27, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for providing a review! We greatly appreciate the care you put into describing your experience. And, I am so pleased that it was a beneficial to your career and that you enjoyed positive... More

8. "Great Place to Work if you have the right tearm"

I worked at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

It was a fun job

Cons

Wish I didn't always have to work weekends.

Oct 17, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

We think property management is a fun business too! Who wouldn’t like meeting and developing relationships with so many people while providing an inviting and comfortable place for them to call... More

9. "RS Manager - ATX"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wanted to wait until I was hear for a while to make sure my review was accurate. I am going to complete my second year in a few months and I have only good things to say. The management is supportive and provides you with as much training as you want to take. You are NOT micromanaged and you are provided an atmosphere to be able to grow and be yourself. A+!

Cons

nothing to report at this time

Advice to Management

It would amazing to have education assistance, even if it was a savings program to be able to obtain a master's degree

Sep 28, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your review and your concern for providing accurate information! I am pleased to read of your positive experience with the Austin management team. We think they are an A+ too... More

"BEWARE OF IMT Residential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sad to say but there are good pros to IMT besides you'll get a paycheck

Cons

1.They don't care about you or your family
    2.you'll never advance to a higher position within the company that also includes transfers to a different property.
    3.They treat residences like garbage and nickel and dime them for everything they have.
    4.They will force you and threaten your job to write a positive review on glassdoor.
    5.Management will use tactics like micromanaging and workplace bullying if you do anything wrong.
    6.HR will not help you with anything
    7.there will NEVER be any money in the budget for you to have the proper parts to do your job.
    8. Management will deliberately hide items you need to do your job
    9.You have no say in anything it's their way or the highway
    10.If you need help on a project make sure you have YouTube ready or a back brace because management will not come and help you.
    11.Kiss your happiness goodbye and say hello to depression
    12. don't work there the list go's on and on. there a lot of jobs out there that are way better than IMT .

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and dignity If there's a problem listen to them don't sweep it under the rug which so far you've been really good at. I'm number six out of seven employees that have resigned withing your first year of taking over a property and we have all expressed our concerns and we've all had the same thing happen to us and no changes were made . You need to listen to your employees even get out in the field with them and see what they go through if you don't you'll have a high turnover rate.

Oct 17, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

I'm sorry to read that your time with IMT was not the amazing experience we strive to create. When we purchase a community, we prefer to give the existing staff the opportunity to join IMT. We... More