IMT Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers" (in 13 reviews)

• "Still standing strong and committed to their employees and residents" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons for this company" (in 15 reviews)

• "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Culture, Great Company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is designed for your success, Management and corporate is very easy to reach and talk to, The commissions and pay structure is competitive

Cons

Busy work environment, need to be a quick learner

Nov 12, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for providing a review! How wonderful to read that you feel IMT is designed for your success! We would like you and every IMT associate to achieve their career goals. Be sure to use the... More

2. "IMT is the dream team"

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Training is outstanding, open door culture, team dynamics, employee recognition.

Cons

Systems are not as efficient as they could be, more encouragement and effort could be placed to go paperless and going green.

Advice to Management

Open the door to suggestions from team members frequently, increase corporate communication and clarity to sites. Give sites the final say on pricing, market specials, competitors, renewals, etc.

Nov 12, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Yes, IMT is the dream team! You and every IMT associate is an important player on the dream team! I appreciate your review with both the positives and the areas in which you feel we could improve... More

3. "It’s just ok"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at IMT Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New and up coming company

Cons

Very political must play the game or be a family member of someone.

Oct 24, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

I'm sorry to read that your IMT experience was "just ok". Since the company was created in 1992, we've continuously strived for excellence in the associate experience and property operations... More

4. "Best place to work in multifamily"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent support from Regionals and VP

Cons

I wish they would acquire more properties in my area

Oct 3, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your 5+ years on the IMTeam! It's nice to read of the "excellent support" from the East Regional Team. IMT structures the regional position with a smaller portfolio of properties so... More

5. "Great Place to work!"

Pros

Loved the company and the staff I worked with, I would recommend this company to anyone looking to go into property managment!

Cons

I have no cons for this company

Advice to Management

No Advice

Jul 31, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

I'm so pleased that you find IMT a "great place to work!". Thank you for being part of the IMTeam!

"Best company ever to work for!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, training, and benefits! They make you feel like family and empower you! They give you challenges that make you grow! Love that! Best company I have ever worked for! Love my IMTeam!

Cons

When your property is sold and you are unable to relocate. Not really a con because if you have flexibility to move then you can stay part of the IMT family. Also they will pick you up if a property comes available in the area you are living in or change your mind on relocating.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! I truly enjoyed the 4 years I worked for IMT! So going to miss IMT! Thank you for the experience and opportunity you have given me!

Jun 5, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for all that you've done with IMT over the past 4 years! The IMTeam will miss you and we hope to have you back in the future!

7. "Truly Leading Company! Progressive & Thoughtful"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am so incredibly happy that I came to IMT after eight years of working in the industry. I work in one of the best cities in the world and with some of the best people in the world. Good pay, time off, gym membership discount, great health insurance are just a few more pros of working with IMT.

Cons

Lots of info to learn including throwing the old ideas of a manager out the window; this actually is a pro :-)

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me such a wonderful opportunity. Randa Issa specifically has made me feel immensely valued more than any manager, ever. She is never too busy to help her team out :-)

May 8, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Thank YOU so much for choosing IMT! We are happy to have you on the IMTeam! We think Randa is an outstanding Regional Operations Director for our California region. I'm pleased to read that you... More

8. "IMT truly believes in Putting You First!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

IMT Residential provides a healthy work environment with a solid work/life balance. I've worked for IMT for many years, and I've enjoyed watching our company grow and develop new policies and ideals to ensure success for on-sight employees. The training department has been instrumental in ensuring employee/community success, especially for associates new to the industry.

Cons

Career advancement is lacking. Happy employees equals low turnover, this makes career advancement opportunities, especially in upper management positions, rare.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

May 8, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Wow, 8 years with IMT - thank you so much for your contributions to IMT's success for the past 8 years! During my 5 years, I've also enjoyed seeing the company's development including building... More

9. "Leasing Consultant - MG"

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is home; I have never worked for a cooperation that has gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable with my current and future position. By providing several hands-on training opportunities, you are truly given the ability to grow as a future leader or IMT. I have worked for the company going on two years, and I have been promoted to a lease-up with a future ACM title. If you are looking for a career, this is the company for you!

Cons

I have not experienced any 'cons' at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing your teams to success, allow them to learn by doing. Educate and continue driving all employees to be the best they can be!

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Wow, I love the excitement for your IMT career! Congratulations on being selected for the lease-up! The experience will help develop your skills to be a stronger Leasing Consultant and future... More

10. "Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am a long tenured employee and enjoy my position with IMT Residential. I have received the support and the tools to grow and succeed. Kudos IMT for creating such a company that cares.

Cons

All good, happy to be working with IMT

Apr 19, 2018 – Director of Recruiting

Kudos to you for 10 years of career development and success with IMT! Thank you so much. We appreciate all that you do to take care of your associates, residents and the property!