IMT Residential Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 1, 2020

4.4
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers(in 13 reviews)

• "In any work environment it is hard to find not only team that shares the same goals but the entire company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue(in 5 reviews)

• "We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Service Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

So many to list, A very grounded upper management team that actually will acknowledge any one persons achievemnets as small as residents survey. They are always welcoming to suggestions and willing to try a new process. I have experienced nothing but good feed back and appreciation just for doing the job I was hired to do. Thank you for letting be part of the team for almost a year now.

Cons

As of yet I have no cons to mention

March 7, 2019Director of Recruiting

Thank you for writing a review! We are so pleased to read of your positive IMT experience and your appreciation of the TX upper management team's style. Thank YOU for choosing to be part of the IMTeam!

2. "Good Company"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their training department is great

Cons

Upper management at times will lack consistency

October 2, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I am glad that you appreciate our training department. They work hard to provide a variety of resources for our associates to learn their jobs and perform to their best. If you would like to share a little more information about times that there have been a lack of consistency, please reach out to your Manager, Regional, or any of us in your corporate support team.

3. "IMT truly believes in Putting You First!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IMT Residential provides a healthy work environment with a solid work/life balance. I've worked for IMT for many years, and I've enjoyed watching our company grow and develop new policies and ideals to ensure success for on-sight employees. The training department has been instrumental in ensuring employee/community success, especially for associates new to the industry.

Cons

Career advancement is lacking. Happy employees equals low turnover, this makes career advancement opportunities, especially in upper management positions, rare.

May 8, 2018Director of Recruiting

Wow, 8 years with IMT - thank you so much for your contributions to IMT's success for the past 8 years! During my 5 years, I've also enjoyed seeing the company's development including building communities from the ground up outside of California (where we've been doing new construction for years) including IMT Prestonwood in Dallas, IMT Residences at Riata in Austin and IMT at RidgeGate in Denver. Our acquisitions team is actively looking for more land and communities to purchase which will provide more opportunities to our teams. I'm excited about what the next 8 years will bring!

4. "Professional, Team Oriented & Growing"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Evolving company with opportunity for advancement. Team environment with great support system from upper management. Excellent training department for new employees

Cons

Nothing to mention at this time.

April 19, 2018Director of Recruiting

Thank you for writing a review! We're happy to read that you enjoy the team environment, professionalism, advancement opportunities, support system and training at IMT. Thank you for being a part of the IMTeam! We appreciate all of your efforts that help make us successful.

5. "Working with IMT Residential"

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Irving, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training with opportunities to advance. Also excellent benefit package. Very positive work experience with upper management that you're not intimidated to talk to.

Cons

Not a lot of group/company bonding functions besides Christmas party.

January 13, 2016Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to see your positive comments about training, advancement opportunities, benefits and management interactions. Teambuilding is important. The main concern with having more all-associate functions is closing down the offices and therefore being unavailable to our customers. However, it's nice that you want to interact with your colleagues more often and we'll note the request.

6. "Opportunity"

Www Imtresidential.com in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential for less than a year

Pros

IMT Residential is the type of company that if work hard no matter who you are, you will be appreciated!

Cons

Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue.

June 19, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm glad you feel that hard work is appreciated and hopefully you feel that appreciation! You mention that sometimes it may take a while. I would like to encourage you, or anyone who may not know their value with the company, to ask for feedback. Sometimes people need reminders to provide positive and constructive feedback.

"Once Your In, Its not what you thought"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing, located in a nice area, and the managers seem to let the employees get their jobs done without too much micro management.

Cons

The feeling you get about the corporate office is that the company is just a vessel to make money. Employees dont seem to be happy, the turnover is very high, opinions get overlooked and change seems to be frowned apon from upper management. Every department seems to be understaffed, faces change frequently and people seem to walk out on the job. The general feeling is that the top people and managers have been here for a while but all over staff has been with the company for a year or less. It seems people get an idea of the company and jump ship. There is also very little room for advancement.

May 6, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your opinions! We value feedback, the positive comments as well as the suggestions for improvement. We strive for excellence and recognize that it is an ongoing journey. I would like to encourage you to continue to share opinions and play an active role in IMT's growth and success. While every suggestion may not be implemented and at times you may not feel heard, know that the senior leadership greatly values each person's contributions in running the business. I would also like to encourage you to discuss career opportunities with your manager and Human Resources to help navigate a career path with you. We're proud of our track record of promoting from within and would like each person to know the potential that is available in this strong and growing company. To compensate and reward associates for our contribution to IMT's success, the benefits package, including the medical, dental, vision and 401(k) offerings, were greatly enhanced this year. Please come and see us in HR if you would like additional information on these programs.

"A great company to work for!"

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Everyone, from employees to upper management, are great people to work with! The folks in management are "real people" and down to earth, not above listening to their employees' concerns or suggestions. They also make every effort to keep employees happy, which is appreciated. There is awesome growth potential within the company.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. Everyone is pretty much happy and bubbly all the time! IMT is a fun company to work for!

April 8, 2014VP Human Resources

IMT Residential is all about our people (residents' and associates)! Your enthusiasm and positivity is what helps make IMT a great place to work!! Thank you for taking time to share!!

9. "Truly follows it's motto of "Putting You First""

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management is always an email away, which is crucial when you work in multi-family. Promotions from within are a regular occurrence and it's not uncommon for employees to leave and come back. Compensation is slightly higher than with other companies in the area. Training is available at all levels.

Cons

I can't think of any and if I had any concerns, I would feel more than comfortable in discussing it with upper management.

April 8, 2014VP Human Resources

Couldn't agree more! Working collaboratively as a team to accomplish shared goals ensures long-term happiness for our residents', success for our associates, and opportunity for our stakeholders!!

10. "IMT Residential Putting You First"

4.0
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

IMT Residential is a growing organization with a lot of opportunities for advancement. Unlike other residential property management companies IMT believes in putting money back into their communities and doing whatever it takes to offer an upscale community. Upper management is willing to offer support in any facet. They take hands on approach to training, allowing each person to practice on the software. With a focus on doing what is best for their employees, residents, and vendors puts IMT among the best property management companies.

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered while working for IMT that I have found.

April 8, 2014VP Human Resources

We are very excited to have entered into the CO marketplace! Now is an exciting time for you to have joined IMT Residential as we continue to expand and grow our company. It takes dedicated professionals and customer-centric folks like you to make our company GREAT!! Thanks for joining the team!!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews