IMT Residential Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Apr 14, 2020

4.4
IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero
Pros
  • "Corporate office takes a ton of tasks and reporting off of Managers(in 13 reviews)

• "In any work environment it is hard to find not only team that shares the same goals but the entire company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes it takes time for upper management to realize what they have, and what they don't have but most corporation have the same issue(in 5 reviews)

• "We can't blow our noses without the Corporate Office knowing about it(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - General Laborer

I worked at IMT Residential part-time

Pros

Work environment and opportunities

Cons

Long hours sometimes but not often

April 16, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! I'm glad you enjoyed IMT's excellent work environment and the opportunities provided to our associates. We wish you the best with your career!

2. "IMT really cares about US"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Work Environment!! I love my co-workers and since I've started with the company everyone has gone out of their way to help me learn. Great Company Culture. I actually look forward to going to work!

Cons

None at the moment. I plan to grow with IMT. I would love if we got the chance to enter a Manager trainee program to prep us for moving forward with the company as we grow.

January 9, 2020AVP, Recruiting and Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! It sounds like you are experiencing our people-focused company mission, Putting You First. I'm glad to read that you enjoy your team and the culture, and that you'd like to grow your career with us. In 2020, the Training team is rolling out a program for new Community Managers. With that content built out, there will be future opportunities to extend some of that training to our Leasing Consultants and Assistant Community Managers to prepare for growth. In the meantime, there's a lot of training that could happen at your community. Be sure to let your Assistant Community Manager and Community Manager know of your interest, volunteer to help when it's needed, and look at every situation as a learning opportunity.

3. "Pay is low otherwise this company deserves 5 stars"

4.0
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Aurora, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good work environment indeed!

Cons

Pay could be a little better in some titles

August 28, 2019Director of Recruiting & Engagement

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate the high rating and positive comment about the IMT work environment. As you may already know, you will receive a performance review each year at your anniversary. Included in that process is a review of your pay rate and a performance based merit increase. I'd like to encourage you to continue performing well and building your skills; and discuss your career and how you may advance professionally and financially with your manager. I wish you much success with your IMT career!

4. "IMT truly believes in Putting You First!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IMT Residential provides a healthy work environment with a solid work/life balance. I've worked for IMT for many years, and I've enjoyed watching our company grow and develop new policies and ideals to ensure success for on-sight employees. The training department has been instrumental in ensuring employee/community success, especially for associates new to the industry.

Cons

Career advancement is lacking. Happy employees equals low turnover, this makes career advancement opportunities, especially in upper management positions, rare.

May 8, 2018Director of Recruiting

Wow, 8 years with IMT - thank you so much for your contributions to IMT's success for the past 8 years! During my 5 years, I've also enjoyed seeing the company's development including building communities from the ground up outside of California (where we've been doing new construction for years) including IMT Prestonwood in Dallas, IMT Residences at Riata in Austin and IMT at RidgeGate in Denver. Our acquisitions team is actively looking for more land and communities to purchase which will provide more opportunities to our teams. I'm excited about what the next 8 years will bring!

5. "Sr. Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pleasure of working with amazing managers and colleagues. I get a chance to work with people who care about their job more than the paycheck. You get to work with a team who shares the same passion, desire and commitment level to putting each resident first. In any work environment it is hard to find not only team that shares the same goals but the entire company. I have felt apart of a family through out my tenure here and that is the best part of it all.

Cons

I would love to see more team building and interactive cross training courses for advancement in your career. As the company grows and changes it would be good to see interactive training that will prepare you for the future. The saying goes- keep your best tool sharp incase you need it for a tougher task.

December 10, 2015Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback! I appreciate your positive feedback and your suggestions for how we can provide even better support to our associates. We'll consider your thoughts on teambuilding, training, mentoring and the performance review process. Please continue to provide your feedback to your leadership team and/or the applicable corporate department.

6. "A League of Their Own"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Supportive staff, relaxed work environment, structured and defined management, very diverse team, quick implementation of innovative concepts and ideas

Cons

Occasional lapses in communication, would like more opportunities to assemble as a unit

January 13, 2016Recruiting Manager

I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide your feedback! I'm glad to see your positive comments about the team and the environment. Communication, while extremely important, is sometimes challenging in a fast paced, dynamic office. Be sure to provide your suggestions for better communication and coordination to your managers to see how we may improve in that area.

7. "Good Experience Good Company"

4.0

I worked at IMT Residential

Pros

Solid Executives/Owners. Treat employees well. Good corporate culture and work environment.

Cons

No real cons to mention. I enjoyed my time working for this company. Good people, treated fairly.

December 19, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with IMT! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and found it a good environment. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

8. "Professionalism At It's Best!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

IMT truly cares for it's employees and constantly tries to grow and evolve to provide the best work environment possible. I've been with the company for 8 years and love it! I feel the company truly cares about you as a person, which has allowed me to work full time and still be there for my family.

Cons

I would like to see more properties in the Houston Region.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.