IMemories Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Mark Rukavina

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people and environment"

Former Employee - Order Entry in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Order Entry in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at IMemories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left at the end of March 2017 per relocating to another state. I would have stayed with iMemories if I had not moved. My direct supervisors were fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and supportive. Upper management was fantastic as well. Definitely an "open door" policy. The co. has a nice incentive plan and offers OT (with additional pay) during busy times. Great benefits and opportunity to own stock in the company. I feel they will continue to grow and have more opportunities since their consolidation with Lifetouch in 2016. They have also partnered with Walgreens! The casual dress attire is an added bonus and allows you to be comfortable during work.

Cons

None in my department at all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in supporting your employees and making sure their needs or concerns are addressed.

2. "Love my job"

I have been working at IMemories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for 6 months now and find I love working here. Imemories was acquired by Lifetouch last year and is an employee owned company. While it's true that most jobs are warehouse jobs, that's what this company does. I have been treated very well and am able to effect my own hourly pay. Additionally they have a high expectation of work place ethics. The people I've met are great to work with. This company is growing and, hopefully, that will bring new opportunities for employees.

Cons

Growth potential is limited and jobs are of the warehouse variety starting at $11 per hour. There are benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your employees and making sure the work environment is pleasant, safe, and fair to all.

"Seriously, don't work here, I worked for over a year."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at IMemories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really are no pros, unless you like extreme favoritism, empty promises, anti social coworkers and poor communication. Oh and obsession over dress code.

Cons

Management has no power, especially in particular departments and everyone dates everyone. Oh and the work is mind numbingly boring. No matter what position your in the work is just awful. And any chance someone has to throw you under the bus they will. This may sound like a petty review but I am being as honest as I can while censoring myself. I have never been treated so poorly in my life, and they're not afraid to do it to you.

Advice to Management

I don't have any because that's exactly how they want it.

"Great workload, wont last."

I worked at IMemories part-time

Pros

Interesting work. New beautiful facility. Great concept.

Cons

Seems like a get rich quick scheme. They take old video (8mm, VHS, ect...) and convert it to digital. Too busy hiring temps to help through big pushes, instead of providing the local community with jobs. Doesn't seem like a company that will be around in 15-20 years.

Advice to Management

Keep your resumes current.

"Agressive Workplace"

I worked at IMemories part-time

Pros

The hiring staff is professional.

Cons

Your fellow employees may be crude and use vulgar language during the work day. These same employees hog all of the work so they look good. When you complain about the atmosphere, you get ignored and let go.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your employees keep up a business décor and not a barroom atmosphere. No one wants to hear two guys calling their girlfriends vulgar names.

"Value The Sorce of Your Success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I worked at IMemories (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full Time - Especially during holiday
    Co-Workers- Great people trying to keep each other motivated
    Overtime- Used to be beneficial
    Hours-
    No weekends- unless accepting overtime

Cons

No room to advance
    Pay - employees are not given adequate raises
    It's a who you know company
    Company doesn't realize that redundant tasks without any challenge or variance = boredom. Let employees cross train

Advice to Management

When you have a small company, take the time to get to know ALL your employees, as well as their roles in your success. Always be willing to do your part to keep the company in good standings. Don't promote on a " who you know" basis.

"Employee"

I worked at IMemories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits-PTO, holidays, medical
    Can listen to headphones while working
    Great coworkers
    Your schedule is consistent
    OT is occasionally offered
    Sometimes lunch is offered

Cons

Low pay
    Few and far raises
    Very Micromanaged by those not on the floor
    Poor training
    No room for growth
    Lack of communication between departments
    All about the numbers , numbers matter and that's it

Advice to Management

Please pay your employees a higher wage, you'll get more productivity and less turn around. When your employees feel valued , they'll take pride in the work they do for you. Also, listen to the people who are performing the job . I know you have your figures and spread sheets of the numbers , however application requires REALISTIC understanding of the workflow. Cross train cross train cross train! The more employees know about the process the better they are at performance, troubleshooting and so much more .

"Dead End Job"

I worked at IMemories full-time

Pros

Most of the people who work at Imemories are smart, creative, very hard working and dedicated. There is a true feeling of teamwork and mutual respect in all departments among the staff. Also the benefits are fairly good.

Cons

Low pay. Endless low pay, even after years of employment. If you are lucky enough to get a raise, the amount is insulting. Most employees are financially struggling. Many are College graduates with enormous student debt. Workers are micromanaged, but rarely listened too. Raises are promised, then promises are forgotten and/or denied having been made. Workers know more about how to make the business run more efficiently then Management, but Management is too busy blaming those same employees for everything that goes wrong instead of listening to them. Owners completely fail to appreciate their wonderful, amazing, over-worked and underpaid staff. Quality control is poor because it is least emphasized. Numbers and volume are the only concern of the company at the expense of the employees and the customers. Overall it's a dead-end job.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers fair wages. Give opportunities to staff-members that possess skills and qualifications not being utilized. Offer financial incentives. Offer bus passes or ride-to-work assistance to compensate for most employees' long commute. Promote based on qualifications instead of nepotism.

"Film Transfer Technician"

I worked at IMemories full-time

Pros

Offers great Health Benefits package.

Cons

Low Wage Job. Work very hard for very little pay. Impossible quarterly quota hikes. Poor work safety with hazardous chemicals. Poor ventilation and safety gear.

Advice to Management

Pay more. Make realistic quotas. Improve work safety with hazardous chemicals, ventilation and safety gear.

10. "Good"

Pros

GooD to work in the company

Cons

Ok to Work in the company

Advice to Management

NA