INC Research Reviews

INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Amazing

Jul 6, 2021 - Research Assistant in Pompano Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

All Great things here in this company.

Cons

No cons in this place for sure.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Survival of the Fittest

Jul 12, 2016 - Investigator Services in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Projects cover a wide range of interesting topics. Training is constant, so I feel I am keeping up with the business world in general and this industry in particular, plus getting specialized education about individual clients' needs. I enjoy having colleagues globally. The benefits, such as health insurance and 401(k) match, are decent. Besides regular PTO the company gives you a week off with pay in December. All levels of management seek feedback on various subjects at various times. Business casual attire is acceptable for most people. Telecommuting is OK for most people. Everyone is courteous and has a professional demeanor. The new hire orientation program at headquarters was terrific; it definitely got me started with optimism. I do not feel like "just a number."

Cons

I like the environment but others don't because you must keep up the intense pace and have great attention to detail. I've seen smart people fail because they could not sit still and concentrate long enough. You must be able to handle deadlines. Sometimes you work harder than at others to accomplish important goals. You must work independently a lot (although there is support) and be flexible. You frequently multi-task. As a new employee I was disappointed with my first raise considering how hard I'd worked and how much positive feedback I'd gotten. (However, as noted above, other compensation like health insurance and 401(k) are appreciated. Next year work on salary?)

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall a good experience, time for INC to recognize hard work any pay raises to CRAs

Feb 29, 2012 - Senior CRA in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I have been happy with my manager and the studies I have worked on. The team has been supportive and has worked together to deliver quality on-time work. Making INC look good. The studies have been interesting, and sponsor has been good to work with. New CRA bonus based on number of visit completed within a quarter. INC is a growing company.

Cons

I had a six month period where I was working with an assistant manager who was unreasonable. I nearly left during this time. That person has since move on. I blame this person rather than the company as a whole. My biggest complaint about INC is that they have not given raises in the last two years, despite good work performance. They have used every excuse in the book. The economy is bad, INC is buying 3 new companies, the latest merger has delayed annual reviews and thus merit increases. Its interesting that INC has 300+ million to buy 3 companies, but not give merit increases.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great support and great people to learn from!

Sep 9, 2012 - Clinical Research Associate II in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of support from the company when learning new roles. Line managers and project teams are on board with helping you to succeed.

Cons

Different departments can feel like you're working at a different company. If you get in particular departments, the experience can be completely different. Each project is different, as well. If you have a good PM, your project will be smooth sailing. If you have a new PM, who doesn't set boundaries for the project, you can easily work 50+ hours a week trying to keep up with all of the extra work on spreadsheets and reports.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place for Capable Individuals

Dec 16, 2015 - Senior CRA in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had a very strong career progression with INCR and have never been denied an opportunity that I desired. I would strongly recommend it for capable and ambitious individuals. In my experience, INC gives a great deal of personal freedom to its employees, but offers very little hand-holding and expects an increased amount of personal responsibility. Definitely not the place where people looking to be a cog in a machine thrive. Specific Items: - Competitive compensation - Very large capacity for personal freedom - CRAs get to make and manage their own schedules (within the bounds of the monitoring plan) - VERY loose travel policy with numerous perks - Bonuses available for over-achieving on days on-site - Lower than average expectation for monthly days on-site (~7-8 per month) - Promotions and upward mobility are easy to achieve - Less metrics-driven than most CROs - The usual 401K and very solid benefits packages

Cons

The only complaints I have are with some of the systems used: - CTMS system is cumbersome - Relatively slow reimbursement time (~2-3 weeks) - Corporate card expenses can be frustrating - CRAs are not maintained regionally (differs between studies)

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The IPO is changing things

Jun 19, 2015 - Medical Writer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO with Christmas to New Year's off. Great flexibility - telecommute available. Great people - everyone is friendly and helpful. Important work - we're saving lives.

Cons

Since the IPO earlier this year things have definitely been steadily getting worse. There is more and more focus on churning out better numbers rather than quality work. Increasing focus on meeting numbers and utilization rates are making us spend a lot more time on administrative tasks rather than doing great work.

19 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Project Manager

May 31, 2013 - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Working Teams - the people are really nice and most are very helpful. Flexibility - While I don't have kids, those that do seem to have fairly wide flexibility related to working from home (maybe this is a con for me...)

Cons

Slow advancement: While our higher level people are very qualified (and therefore busy), this does not lend itself to much mentoring and leads to slow and tedious advancement. Unless you are a personal favorite or on a project team with a higher level member of the company, expect a protracted advancement schedule Lack of transparency: Promotions are painful and you will have to do most of the legwork (as in proving that you are doing a job at which the Sponsor is already aware that you are excelling). Promotions (and layoffs) are done in secrecy which adds to people's confusion and skepticism of the advancement process.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I feel appreciated and valued here

Sep 24, 2015 - Senior Statistical Programmer in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent health benefits; good PTO; flex-hours and work-from-home opportunities; upper management seems invested in my progress; recognition for hard work; local management provides opportunities for advancement/career development; opportunities for cash bonuses but...(see cons); I've been with INC 4 years and have had 2 promotions with a total increase in salary of 60%. I feel appreciated and valued at INC.

Cons

There is opportunity for cash bonuses as recognition for hard work on difficult projects but the bonuses are rare and seem to be provided to teams in the larger offices - I don't know that any of my local team members have received cash bonuses but they are all dedicated and hard-working employees; local group has historically been cliquish but local/upper management is now mixing team members on projects so it's improved. Clunky, cumbersome online SOP training system. Overworked statisticians (understaffed) put delivery timelines at risk - I'd like to see more statisticians added.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disappointing

Oct 21, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Week off at Christmas, made some really good friends, met some very driven and intelligent people, global company so there is some opportunity for travel for most positions, they always paid me on time

Cons

I ignored the negative reviews here on glassdoor because I was excited about the idea of my new job at INC, but over time the cons that appear in these reviews became very apparent. There's a reason it only has a 2.9/5 at the time of writing. This job was not at all what I expected- my primary beef with the company is false representation of my position's duties. I was told that I would be involved in a range of activities and projects that I ultimately never even participated in. Corporate insists that the company is constantly developing new and exciting things, but the reality is that progress is slow to come- I mean, the company still uses Windows XP! Overall, the company seems too occupied with hyping its systems and products that it doesn't spend any time actually implementing them. This is a very top-heavy organization (i.e. high percentage of manager/director and higher), so there is a lot of talk but not much action. My honest advice is to pass on this company- and pro tip, their competitors pay better!

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

New employee but thoroughly impressed so far and excited about the connection and journey ahead.

Mar 27, 2015 - Trusted Process Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the people are amazing. "Can Do" positive attitudes and "sky is the limit" optimism. Great leadership! Flexible schedule and employees are not micromanaged. Company has great recruiters, hire great people, and believes in the abilities of those on the team. Great promotion and career advancement plan, with guaranteed steps for salary and title adjustments. Allows you room to make mistakes, just not the same ones over and over. The headquarters facility is very new, clean, and nice. Everyone takes care of "home."

Cons

Sometimes too much communication. You are on multiple listservs and things are emailed to everybody more than once. Many of the SOPs/WIs are repetitive or redundant or presentations are poorly constructed so training is much longer than necessary.

7 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 244 Reviews

INC Research Reviews FAQs

INC Research has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 507 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at INC Research to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, INC Research employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at INC Research. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

60% of INC Research employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated INC Research 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at INC Research to be work life balance, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management, career development.

Popular Careers with INC Research Job Seekers