INC Research Reviews

Updated Feb 7, 2021

3.2
INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
  • "Allowed to work from home when not traveling(in 38 reviews)

• "Work life balance and give you the best option to grow(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Everything literally, not better in anything except work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Upper management and executives take responsibility for nothing(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Syneos Health

Apr 23, 2018 - Project Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have had incredible managers who have mentored and supported me.

Cons

The company is very large, which makes it difficult to personally know others in your department. But, the company is divided by therapeutic area, which makes it seem that we are working for a smaller company.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jul 26, 2019 - Project Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits were great. I felt supported by upper management and my piers.

Cons

Training was not-so-great. Not a lot of room for promotions in my department.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Workload not sustainable

Sep 17, 2018 - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits Allowed to work from home when not traveling

Cons

No work/life balance Workload not sustainable; I worked 65-70 hours every week (includes every weekend) to get the job done and done properly. I finally quit because I could not continue at this pace

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Survival of the Fittest

Jul 12, 2016 - Investigator Services in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Projects cover a wide range of interesting topics. Training is constant, so I feel I am keeping up with the business world in general and this industry in particular, plus getting specialized education about individual clients' needs. I enjoy having colleagues globally. The benefits, such as health insurance and 401(k) match, are decent. Besides regular PTO the company gives you a week off with pay in December. All levels of management seek feedback on various subjects at various times. Business casual attire is acceptable for most people. Telecommuting is OK for most people. Everyone is courteous and has a professional demeanor. The new hire orientation program at headquarters was terrific; it definitely got me started with optimism. I do not feel like "just a number."

Cons

I like the environment but others don't because you must keep up the intense pace and have great attention to detail. I've seen smart people fail because they could not sit still and concentrate long enough. You must be able to handle deadlines. Sometimes you work harder than at others to accomplish important goals. You must work independently a lot (although there is support) and be flexible. You frequently multi-task. As a new employee I was disappointed with my first raise considering how hard I'd worked and how much positive feedback I'd gotten. (However, as noted above, other compensation like health insurance and 401(k) are appreciated. Next year work on salary?)

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aug 13, 2018 - Director in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company in rapid growth mode and CRO space is quite profitable. Strong business vertical to be in. Great environment to make a name for yourself and grow valuable business skills.

Cons

Revenue is directly linked to people performing clinical trials. Since headcount is a primary asset for CRO's........If business is down headcount will be reduced across the board. If business is up then headcount will be increased.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sep 22, 2018 - Director in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career growth and felt like your work made a difference

Cons

Constant updates to systems so employees always had to stop and learn something new about the system

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sep 24, 2018 - Director in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership team along with market growth.

Cons

Complex sponsor driven business model.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a good experience, time for INC to recognize hard work any pay raises to CRAs

Feb 29, 2012 - Senior CRA in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I have been happy with my manager and the studies I have worked on. The team has been supportive and has worked together to deliver quality on-time work. Making INC look good. The studies have been interesting, and sponsor has been good to work with. New CRA bonus based on number of visit completed within a quarter. INC is a growing company.

Cons

I had a six month period where I was working with an assistant manager who was unreasonable. I nearly left during this time. That person has since move on. I blame this person rather than the company as a whole. My biggest complaint about INC is that they have not given raises in the last two years, despite good work performance. They have used every excuse in the book. The economy is bad, INC is buying 3 new companies, the latest merger has delayed annual reviews and thus merit increases. Its interesting that INC has 300+ million to buy 3 companies, but not give merit increases.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great support and great people to learn from!

Sep 9, 2012 - Clinical Research Associate II in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of support from the company when learning new roles. Line managers and project teams are on board with helping you to succeed.

Cons

Different departments can feel like you're working at a different company. If you get in particular departments, the experience can be completely different. Each project is different, as well. If you have a good PM, your project will be smooth sailing. If you have a new PM, who doesn't set boundaries for the project, you can easily work 50+ hours a week trying to keep up with all of the extra work on spreadsheets and reports.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place for Capable Individuals

Dec 16, 2015 - Senior CRA in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've had a very strong career progression with INCR and have never been denied an opportunity that I desired. I would strongly recommend it for capable and ambitious individuals. In my experience, INC gives a great deal of personal freedom to its employees, but offers very little hand-holding and expects an increased amount of personal responsibility. Definitely not the place where people looking to be a cog in a machine thrive. Specific Items: - Competitive compensation - Very large capacity for personal freedom - CRAs get to make and manage their own schedules (within the bounds of the monitoring plan) - VERY loose travel policy with numerous perks - Bonuses available for over-achieving on days on-site - Lower than average expectation for monthly days on-site (~7-8 per month) - Promotions and upward mobility are easy to achieve - Less metrics-driven than most CROs - The usual 401K and very solid benefits packages

Cons

The only complaints I have are with some of the systems used: - CTMS system is cumbersome - Relatively slow reimbursement time (~2-3 weeks) - Corporate card expenses can be frustrating - CRAs are not maintained regionally (differs between studies)

5 people found this review helpful