INEOS Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

INEOS CEO Jim Ratcliffe
Jim Ratcliffe
  1. "Lots of opportunity"

Current Intern - Electrical Engineer in Alvin, TX

I have been working at INEOS for less than a year

Pros

Lots of work to be done and opportunities to show what your capable of.

Cons

Trial by fire, not much education or training involved.

INEOS2017-06-20

"Up and coming company but...."

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at INEOS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent benefits: Top tier health insurance and 401k plan ; good bonus program; excellent work life balance. Company sponsors several fitness events/activities and even pay for employees fitness training plan. Motivated owner who is always investing in the company; Great people to work with overall

Cons

I made the difficult decision to leave after 9 years due to limited growth. The company has lots of advancement opportunities that always go to the in-crowd folks. Stay especially away from the BMC - Laporte site; it's the worst. Ops manager thinks he is god and everyone including HR complies with whatever he said.

Advice to Management

Great owner, keep doing what you are doing. Follow hiring policies you have in place and periodically audit it. Refresh your delegation of authority process, it's costing you millions of dollars and you don't even know it!

INEOS2019-09-04

"Good place to work but needed more career progression"

Former Employee - Research Engineer in La Porte, TX

I worked at INEOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work-life balance, great benefits including generous 401k match (they put in 9% if you put in 6%), 9/80s, experienced mentors, projects crosscut with a variety of departments, nice coworkers and community, hiring diversity, safety is top priority.

Cons

Not as much career progression or scientific development as desired. Would have liked more opportunities to develop professionally like going to conferences/external trainings or projects that required cutting edge science or working with external teams of scientists.

Advice to Management

Offer employees opportunities to grow and develop with regular and expected learning experiences provided by external affiliations/professionals, seminars, workshops, etc. Everyone wants to learn new things and get new and interesting projects, please facilitate these to happen as best you can.

INEOS2019-05-18

"I've had better...pass!"

Former Employee - Chemical Engineer in Chocolate Bayou, TX

I worked at INEOS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management is a joke so they don't pay attention to anything like time, or days off or what Fridays you work.

Cons

Not very much opportunity to move up. Someone has to die or retire for a job to open up.

INEOS2018-08-24

"Good short term play only!"

Former Employee - Engineer in Alvin, TX

I worked at INEOS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

INEOS will give you a high starting salary and a good annual bonus (~20%), but thats the catch. Very slow career development- I know people stuck in their roles for 5 years (same role, same office, same responsibility).

Cons

Minimal career development opportunities and slow promotions (hence the good starting salary). A lot of young engineers that are unprofessional and immature. Management struggling to keep this derailed train on track. My advise to prospective employees: Get a career with a bigger downstream company instead (Dow, BASF, Exxon Chem, Oxy, Chevron, Shell, SABIC, etc), even if it was for a pay cut - It will be worth it... in the long term. Trust me!

INEOS2018-09-03

"The company is very easy going, positive attitudes from corporate, good mix of co-workers."

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at INEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay with strong bonuses, good people , co-workers are young and energetic. Company is currently expanding and performing well.

Cons

Promotions appear to be based on company needs or time in service, not work output. A great deal or supervisory oversight at my location, possibly a byproduct of the younger staff I work with.

Advice to Management

Be willing to delegate work responsibility to those below you, people only grow when challenged. Micromanaging might reduce risks but it also limits confidence and experience.

INEOS2018-04-15

"Ineos is a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Engineer in Chocolate Bayou, TX

I worked at INEOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive benefits, treat you like family, good work life balance, lots of training, good exposure, plenty of projects to work

Cons

Location, struggle between different work groups/managers, culture is changing in potentially negative ways, not many clear paths for career progression

Advice to Management

Management position candidates should be evaluated more closely before being filled by unqualified individuals. If your going to give a leadership position to an outside candidate without relevant experience why not promote from within?

INEOS2018-04-10

"Good people, good bonus"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at INEOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the "knowledge core" are great people to work with, bonus is high and pays out often, privately owned

Cons

O&P entering a tight market soon with many competitor crackers coming online, about half of upper management have a tendency to bully and have never known any better style

Advice to Management

Sort out the true high performers, there is still some dirty underwear that needs changing in this upcoming down cycle. Invest more in people, grow your core while the getting is still good, defocus on pet projects and acquisitions

INEOS2017-06-05
  9. "Engineering Designer"

Former Contractor - Engineering Designer in Chocolate Bayou, TX

I worked at INEOS for more than 3 years

Pros

INEOS treats it's contractors as if they are part of the company. They value the people that work in the plant. They are open to input from their contract employees. A great group to work with & for.

Cons

The Chocolate Bayou Complex is a bit off the beaten track and it requires some travel to the site. Lunch outside the plant can be challenging. All in all, a minor item.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

INEOS2016-06-03
  10. "Process Engineering Intern"

Process Engineer Intern

I worked at INEOS

Pros

Nothing but good things to say. Thoroughly enjoyed my summer at Ineos.

Cons

None that I can think of.

INEOS2015-12-04