INVISTA Reviews

3.5
INVISTA Chairman and CEO Jeff Gentry
Jeff Gentry
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance - Not always balanced, lots of work to do(in 11 reviews)

• "Don't expect upper management to follow MBM or practice intellectual honesty(in 10 reviews)

1. "Good Private Company"

Former Employee - Finance Manager

I worked at INVISTA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great values and culture, people always respectful, in search for innovation and self-actualization, many opportunities in any of its divisions.

Cons

Sometimes too much admin change.

Continue reading
  2. "Extremely grateful for my experience at Invista"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at INVISTA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a good culture. I always felt free to experiment and pursue projects without micromanagement. Invista cares about employee development and satisfaction. Roles are very flexible, and management is open to role changes if you feel you can create more value in another capacity.

Cons

In my experience, the cons are very limited. The company has historically had some old-fashioned views on WFH flexibility and PTO, but with recent changes (such as a month of paid parental leave), that seems to be improving.

July 8, 2020Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, thank you for all of the hard work and taking the time to share with us your feedback/review. I am happy to read that you are finding the culture to be supportive in not only your current work but also in pursuing and learning new skills/knowledge as well. Please know that I am going to be sharing this with the appropriate teams as feedback. Thank you again! – Molly from Talent Solutions

3. "Good job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Columbia, SC

I worked at INVISTA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Swinng shift and long weekend (7 straight days off)

Cons

Lay offs out of nowhere

"Stay as far away as possible!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Orange, TX

I worked at INVISTA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

9/80s...whoops! Guess there are none any longer.

Cons

Too all encompassing to list, and many spelled out in previous reviews are very true. High turnover, especially among engineers, is a symptom of a larger issue with management, not a cause of the systemic issues, which do exist as well. Management is a joke, and there in name only. It's taken several years after escaping to realize how unhealthy the environment is there, and absolutely is not and should not be the norm. Being belittled and micromanaged would be one thing if there were ancillary perks and pay, but after dangling the return of 9/80s (an area standard) and maintaining uncompetitive pay, there's no excuse. Anyone who thinks any job is better than none should heed this: I felt actively discouraged and questioned my choice of career after joining here straight out of school. Now that I've escaped and realize how unusual and damaging that environment is, I've finally started to flourish and thoroughly enjoy work. It's time I can never get back, but I'm grateful that I know exactly what and who to avoid in my career in the future.

July 27, 2020Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am disheartened to read of your experience- we believe and work to have a culture that is encouraging and innovating for all of our employees. Please know that I am sharing this with the leadership team as feedback and opportunities. Thank you again- Molly from Talent Solutions

5. "Terrible Management Practices"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accounting in Wichita, KS

I worked at INVISTA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overtime if you want it

Cons

They say they work by the MBM Principles, which on a good day is a joke. They only do it when it's to their advantage. Bullying management style. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.

July 9, 2020Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and leaving us a review. I am disappointed to read of your experience during your time at our Wichita location. Our MBM Principles and culture are at the core of what we do and how we work. Please know that I am sharing this with the appropriate teams as feedback/awareness. Thank you again- Molly from Talent Solutions

6. "Good job"

Current Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at INVISTA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good job. good job. good job

Cons

culture, i don't know what else

7. "Good job"

Current Employee - Operations in Camden Wyoming, DE

I have been working at INVISTA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is great working there

Cons

None at all as far as cons

8. "It allowed me to grow as a self starter and opened my eyes to other ways to transition into other roles."

Former Employee - BCF SPINNER in Camden, SC

I worked at INVISTA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was able to become more efficient in my computer knowledge and becoming apart of decision making.

Cons

Some of the operations were out of date and more physical assertion that wears on your body over time.

"I'd look elsewhere"

2.0

I worked at INVISTA full-time

Pros

Decent healthcare benefits that come with every large-sized company that can be self-insured, relatively decent paying (although they have to pay a bit more to entice people to work in Kennesaw)

Cons

The office felt like a throwback to an era I thought had died out. Very strict hours and dress code, old technology and absolutely nothing to aid the employee experience while in the office. Everyone lived and died by the words in "Good Profit", it was carried around like a bible. They claim to want healthy disagreement in the name of finding the best overall answer, yet if you actually push back against the same old ideas, you will get a talking to with HR present. There are some smart people around, but they don't usually make it to leadership before jumping ship to one of the better portfolio companies like GP. Truly one of the oddest professional experiences I ever faced.

April 16, 2020Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi, this is Molly from Talent Solutions and I wanted to first say thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. A part of our management beliefs and principles is the idea of challenging and being open to new ideas. This will help lead us to further innovation and opportunities to improve and move forward as a business. I am sorry to read that you did not experience this type of culture and please know that I am sharing this with the appropriate leadership as awareness and feedback. Thank you again and I wish you all the best.

10. "Good job- lots to learn"

4.0
    Former Employee - Order Management Specialist

I worked at INVISTA full-time

Pros

Pay was great, and had a great team

Cons

Hours required to work were demanding

Found 334 reviews