IOD Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Abatjoglou

Pros
Cons
  • No room for advancement, Training is minimal and the attitude is you either swim or sink, Co (in 4 reviews)

• No one to really help you succeed (in 2 reviews)

1. "Site Lead/ Supervisor"

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at IOD Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Good networking and supervisory experience

Cons

Longevity of employment and temp status

2. "Terrible and coniving"

Former Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at IOD Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sending in your resume to this company

Cons

When you have managers or so called managers that have plotted to take your position away to show you they can do it better. You have proof of this because another former employee sent you the text message exchange between them. You've taken it to HR and still nothing was done. When you are working on something and that particular manager bullies her way to get what she wants done and makes you do other stuff while you are doing what you originally were supposed to do. I can go on and on

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Stop trying to be the friend of the higher ups to keep your job. You lose people faster than you receive them.

3. "Client Services Representative"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at IOD Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is quiet for the most part, hours are steady. There's always work to be done. If qualified, onboarding happens fairly quickly.

Cons

Favoritism, poor management as anyone can basically get promoted to a supervisor or team lead, being on the phones can be hectic, bathrooms are hardly ever "cleaned."

I used to work on a different team and the management was great. Employees received recognition when deserved, training was extensive, and the team lead/manager for that team really made sure you felt 100% comfortable before tossing you into production.

However, I can hardly say the same about the team I'm on now. When I was being trained and moved into production, I hardly had any information given to me and relied a lot on getting information from what was on my desk from a previous employee and by digging through the shared drive. Also get spoken to like I'm stupid whenever I DO ask a question. Favoritism is obvious and there's a fine line between friendship and professionalism when it comes to management/employee relationships. When it comes to a kudos call or a job well done, good luck hearing about it, but if you do something slightly wrong, be prepared to receive an email about it within a blink of an eye. I'm not one to normally let stuff like this bother me in the workplace, but the stress this job brings onto me and then poor management on top of that makes me go home pretty miserable that I'm considering finding another job. It's crappy when you work hard (production stats don't lie) and you receive no recognition for it because your supervisor would rather give it to those they like best. The company definitely isn't the same as it used to be.

Advice to Management

Don't make your employees feel stupid for asking questions! That's why you're in a management position. A good portion of your job is to answer questions and help out your team. If you can't do that, hire actual trainers that will actually like training employees and can provide them with the right information instead. Keep your employees informed and provide them with updated information. Recognize hard working employees and quit the favoritism. This is a work environment, not high school.

5. "ROI Specialist"

Current Employee - ROI Specialist in Lake Stevens, WA
    Current Employee - ROI Specialist in Lake Stevens, WA

I have been working at IOD Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Training and flexible schedule.

Cons

Very expensive benefits and no 401 match for retirement.

IOD Inc Response

Feb 29, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback :) Please make sure and reach out on our internal Yammer network to leave your improvement suggestions. Thank you for 5+ years of support!! You are so valuable to our team!

6. "processor"

Former Employee - Processor in Bellevue, WI
    Former Employee - Processor in Bellevue, WI

I worked at IOD Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wear jeans--but makes real you are just like a factory worker

Cons

Single person with Full time wages and still received food stamps and other government assistance--not a living wage.

Advice to Management

Fire all and start over.

7. "Client Service Rep"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Duluth, MN

I have been working at IOD Inc full-time

Pros

easy work, can listen to music

Cons

pay is not equivalent to the work you do($12), catty coworkers, management does not listen, catty coworkers, there are "favored staff", TERRIBLE benefits, scattered advice, emails go unanswered, no room to move up

Advice to Management

how about reply to emails. take things that your employees say seriously, and handle your business.

"Customer Service / records clerk"

Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Trevose, PA

I worked at IOD Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at IOD when my kids were smaller. Provided great flexibility to tend to their needs and earn an income. The work itself is not very hard. It does need attention to detail and if you do not know HIPPA then you need to learn it on your own because co workers will not help . They may with the simple stuff, but if it is complex, they really do not know much more than you do.

Cons

Coworker cliques are actually hostile to those that are not welcome. If you find yourself on the receiving end of this, it isn't you, it is them. It could be anything that sets them off. Just keep to yourself and make sure your job is done correctly.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Duluth, MN

I worked at IOD Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, OK work environment

Cons

Too much focus on processing. I was hired to be a front desk Rep, and when I didn't process enough requests from the files, I'd get talked to. It's kind of hard when I have a line out in the lobby of clients needing my attention. I was then pulled into the back to strictly process requests, which bored me to tears. I was eventually fired for making a processing error. It was probably for the best.

Advice to Management

I understand that processing requests is important, but customer service is paramount. Please don't be so focused on quantity.

"Wonderful Training"

Current Employee - Intern in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Intern in Columbia, SC

Pros

Remote employment, training available, works with students/new graduates to break the link between lack of experience and entry level employment opportunities

Cons

none to name so far

IOD Inc Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Great insights :)

"Area Client Service Rep/Float"

Former Employee - Area Client Services Representative in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Area Client Services Representative in Lacey, WA

I worked at IOD Inc (More than a year)

Pros

I liked my co-workers and the pay was pretty good.

Cons

IOD where I worked at had made crazy changes to its procedures. They closed the processing center in Bellevue, WA to end up opening another in Everett, WA which wasn't really a processing center but an end station. They centralized everything and there were way to many hands on one request. One person adding in hard chart, another in billing, it looked good on paper but was a disaster. Especially since we now had to do do extra work than before. Before, they would send me requests to do via inter office mail. Now I had to reprint them one by one wasting time and paper. They had us do invoicing in which everything was basically under $5 and free but we had to fill the form out and they added things like certification fee that didn't actually add any value when checked. Managers were extremely dismissive and the main area manager, Jolene, set our production standards to 7 an hour based on her "fastest worker" at her site, but then changed it to 5 bc she "realized there was extra work" then complained that nothing was getting done. What happened to 7 an hour? How many are you doing Jolene? She started two meetings late because she "couldn't get someone off the phone" and then proceeded to tell me that I needed training on how to answer the phone and guide my calls to make them hang up faster. A mess. Then they fired me because they said I had time card fraud. I used my cell phone to clock in but I didn't have to use my badge to enter the building and I was there before the building supervisor was there. I told them sometimes I would forget food and id run out to my car and grab it since I'd be in a rush and she proceeded to tell me that they're still "paying me and I'm not working." At my pay rate it costs them $0.003 / per hour for every second. Are you telling me I can't get up for any reason once I'm at my desk? They made no attempt to verify with my coworkers in the building that I was in fact there when I said I was. And this was not a habitual thing. I am a float. I used my cell phone for one week to clock in and I was there at 8am everyday sometimes even earlier. I tried to explain that badger swipes don't coincide with time because I don't always use or have my badge with me. The whole thing was just a mess. I've never misappropriated any of my time there and they didn't even ask any of the other ladies but we're hell bent on "going to your car is not being ready to work." Seriously? To get my frozen lunch out to put it in the fridge? Are my movements that restricted? I'm really thinking about getting a lawyer because they took nothing into account except some printout with less than a week of activity that technically proves nothing. I put lots of my free time into this company and worked my butt off and I get let go over something this stupid. I will be speaking to an attorney.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. We do a lot of work and when we make suggestions, look into them. Don't be dismissive and rude. And if you're going to fire someone, investigate. Don't just run and audit and look at some papers and come to a conclusion. Talk to the people they work with, actually INVESTIGATE. And if ALL of your employees say something isn't working, maybe it's not working. If you're not actually participating then how can you be a voice for the efficacy of a procedure? If EVERY employee is saying, this is taking too long and I feel like I'm not getting work done fast enough. INVESTIGATE. Don't just say "You'll get the hang of it..." There's no way to make 30 pages print faster and you should base production of your fastest worker. It should be based on the average at your site. One person does 7 and so that's the standard? So you obviously only have one person working at your site because how fast is everyone else?