IPG Photonics Reviews

IPG Photonics Chief Executive Officer Eugene Scherbakov
Eugene Scherbakov

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of IPG Photonics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Intensive environment, lots of experience

Cons

Can be a bit hectic

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

company

Apr 19, 2022 - Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic Agile Focus on People

Cons

I do not have much negative comments

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great Coworkers

Apr 14, 2022 - Senior Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous compensation. Professional colleagues at San Jose, CA facility.

Cons

Entire engineering department laid off. Change in business environment and leadership decided our group was expendable.

4. 3.0

Engineer

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for long hours

Cons

No work life balance at all

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Difficult To Get Compensation Increase

Apr 13, 2022 - Technical Assembler in Oxford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Good working environment. Nice people.

Cons

Low starting wage. Very difficult to get a pay increase. No annual reviews. My supervisor said it was next to impossible to get any raise other than a yearly cost of living adjustment and chance for an annual bonus anywhere between 5 and 10 percent of your annual wage. They will make you work in a harder position without giving you the title or pay associated with the position.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good where I am, but I feel horrible for ppl in building 50G

Apr 8, 2022 - Technician in Oxford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my supervisor. He's great. Always kind and reasonable. And I have decent benefits and ok pay for my age.

Cons

Pay is a bit low for what I do. I have heard many stories and firsthand accounts about a manager in the other building, 50G, where they make diodes, who creates nightmares for employees. He takes pictures of their workspaces if a chair isn't pushed in, or if a single paper is on the floor. He micromanages everyone and everyone knows who this guy is. Nobody likes to deal with him.

IPG Photonics Response

Thank you for your feedback and concern for your co-workers. Please schedule time with Human Resources if you’d like to have a confidential conversation regarding the information employees have shared with you.

7. 3.0

Overall good company

Mar 31, 2022 - Product Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology and forward thinking company

Cons

It can be too R&D focused at times

8. 1.0

Toxic

Apr 11, 2022 - Engineer in Fridley, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool technology undermined by an awful environment

Cons

3 engineers had to go to therapy because of how they were treated by “superiors”… no joke. You’ll hear things like “you’re not cut out to be an engineer” and “it is what it is” when they demean you and “don’t tell management what I said to you”. Be prepared to work 50-60 hour weeks as an engineer. Fear driven culture. Command and control culture where good ideas are snuffed out by petty politics. Lots of nepotism- family members get to sit back and collect big bonuses and let the workhorses get their hands dirty. No HR oversight so any complaints or concerns you share with your manager WILL be used against you. No upward mobility.

IPG Photonics Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value our current and former employees feedback so we’d be happy to learn more about what specifically you experienced. Please feel free to contact the HR Service Center at 508-373-1300 to discuss this with your HR Business Representative at your earliest convenience.

9. 5.0

Best company

Feb 25, 2022 - Fiber Optic Splicer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work in general

Cons

Pay rate is not accurate

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really ok

Mar 4, 2022 - Operations Accountant in Worcester, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, nice people, local, competitive pay,

Cons

No desire to improve processes. Poor culture. No internal training. No encouragement to develop.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 150 Reviews

IPG Photonics Reviews FAQs

IPG Photonics has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 185 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at IPG Photonics to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, IPG Photonics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at IPG Photonics. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

52% of IPG Photonics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IPG Photonics 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at IPG Photonics to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with IPG Photonics Job Seekers