IPsoft Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
IPsoft President and CEO Chetan Dube
Chetan Dube

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to learn various technologies (in 12 reviews)

• Nice environment, a fantastic opportunity to learn & really excel (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No appreciation of work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

• No work/life balance, they expect you to be available 24/7 even on your vacation to be called and harassed by the ticketing system (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

I worked at IPsoft full-time

Pros

Good Salary, Friendly environment among teams, Knowledgable person

Cons

HR Policies and the cafeteria is not up to standards.

Advice to Management

Management and HR department needs to organized frequent session with employees

2. "Positive experience - valuable career development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IPsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- My 3 years at IPsoft put me 5 years ahead in my career. If you show results you will be given roles and responsibilities that may be years out in your career at other companies.
    - Diverse workforce. If you walk the floors you will see men and women of all colors, creeds, sexual orientation and gender identity. I'm a woman and was given a leadership position early on. I never felt my opinions or ideas weren't taken seriously.
    - If you perform consistently you are given a level of autonomy and control over your work and how you get things done.
    - You won't find a better benefits plan. They provide 100% 401K matching!!
    - CEO genuinely cares about and believes in the vision of the company
    - Smart and friendly coworkers

Cons

- Doing well and getting promoted is a damned if you do/damned if you don't. In most circumstances when you get promoted to a higher level role you shed some of your old tasks/responsibilities to make way for the ones. That's not the case here. You just keep adding to your plate. You can figure out a way to balance when everything is going well...until you have an outage or escalation for a customer. Or how about two? I chose to put myself through short term physical and mental exhaustion for my long term career goals. But that might not be the path for everyone. Also, if you are a top performer or played the hero on a few projects or escalations you will forever be seen as a fixer and be brought in to handle hot customers.

Advice to Management

- Allow employees to WFH at least 1-2 days a week. You have the metrics. If someone is slacking when they aren't in the office take away their privilege but at least let others have the option.

- Improve the compensation vs. workload ratio. No one takes on more work and longer hours out of the goodness of their hearts.

3. "Hands on with all the current technology."

Former Employee - Network Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at IPsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great company parties. Touching so much different technologies.

Cons

Becomes a sweat shop. Favoritism. Quality sometimes drop because of the quantity of work.

Advice to Management

Some management only cares about numbers. There are good managers in this company.

"Good place to learn expand technical skills."

I have been working at IPsoft full-time

Pros

Monthly "Rockstar" employee events. Plenty of technology to learn from. Internal video training.

Cons

Technical expansion varies on shift and clients assigned.

Advice to Management

The reason for the high turnover in engineers is b/c there's alot of work but not enough hands to handle it. I understand the logic of the customer is always right but keep in mind the engineers need your backing as well.

"A unique firm with a vision"

I have been working at IPsoft full-time

Pros

It's a rare firm that offers MSP (all platforms), PAAS development, and AI all under the same roof. There are many outstanding people and technologies at this firm; a firm that will become a household name inside the next 5 years.

IPsoft is unique in that people have a lot of leeway to be individuals. Management interfaces with staff via what I call the "responsibility contract" in that you usually get to decide how it gets done as long as you deliver the requirement.

Socially, a lot of nice people. Lot of fun people. Even more quiet people who like being productive. Monthly social events and a social atmosphere can keep you busy if you like that, and if you want to keep to yourself, well that's what I do most of the time but I still make half the parties.

Worth mentioning management is fairly accessible, as long as you have a reason. CEO is a visionary along with a number of great hires - there is something unique at the firm.

Cons

Sort of a pro/con at the same time: There are vastly different cultures of professionalism depending on the dept & floor, so you can navigate that to your advantage or get stuck in a rut if you get a #sad combo.

Some of the hotter projects develop a sustained culture of extraction where nobody gets any rest.

Unquestioned client feedback can have an outsized career impact.

Advice to Management

1) Keep doing what your doing on the tech side.
    2) The amazing benefits are appreciated.
    3) You've got more nascent management experience in-house than you realize. They just need a program.
    4) The usual protest about competing with your competition on comp...proactively. Speaking of competition, how about work from home at least 1 day a week?
    5) Give your best a little rest and they'll do better. It's a project planning thing - sometimes you've got to let an opportunity pass to get many better opportunities in the near future.

"Great Perks / Benefits but beginners level in terms of technologies"

Former Employee - Windows Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Windows Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at IPsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pearks, Flexibility to make your own schedule, care about the employees, no micro management . I recommend IPsoft for entry level engineers

Cons

Not learning in depth technologies high on demand such as AD, Exchange, Citrix, SCCM. Uses their on platform built in house. Entry level job to get your foot on the door in the IT industry

Advice to Management

Better organization between teams. Organize projects and distribute workload based on each department.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - CSI and CIE in New York, NY
    Former Employee - CSI and CIE in New York, NY

I worked at IPsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fresh offices and that's it.

Cons

Lots of technical debt. A vision is sold as if it were the reality. Very dishonest approach to both internal and external stakeholders. More politics than anything else.

Advice to Management

Let's not forget.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at IPsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Engineers have lot of freedom

Cons

schedule management could be better

Advice to Management

nice job

9. "Decent company to work at that asks a lot of its employees"

Current Employee - Cognitive Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cognitive Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IPsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The perks are really good (free breakfast, coffee, dinner, great parties etc), the pay is good, and the people working there can make for a very fun place to work.

Cons

Management is short-sighted and poor at mitigating problems weeks or months down the road.

"It sucks"

I have been working at IPsoft full-time

Pros

Free breakfast, sometimes lunch and dinner.

Cons

They claim they have an excelent bonus system, but if you look at the formula, you'll see that it hurts more then it helps.

Advice to Management

Stop the many parties for staff and give them better salaries.