IQ Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Tony Quin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I see IQ continuing to grow into an agency leader in Atlanta"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid, down to earth and genuine (and really funny) people. I pretty much laughed hard every day I was at work. Everyone really pours their self into their projects and it shows. The talent pool here is great and the leadership has shown a commitment to bringing on more talent as the company grows.

Also, just great, young leadership that will dig in right next to you to get things done. It was great to work with people that you knew had your back.

The team is the perfect size - small enough that you learn about other disciplines by being on the same projects with strategists/videographers/analysts, but big enough that you don't get pulled off your work to put out fires, which happens at smaller places that are all hands on deck.

The business model is strong, with taking mid-size clients as AORs, the employees are safe from layoffs, unlike most other agencies. Having strategy and design strong in the same company means that projects don't get thrown "over a wall" to other companies for completion - the full lifecycle is in house, so it's consistent and absolutely makes a better project in the end.

Cons

Not many that haven't been stated already. The focus of the company is mid-sized companies, so there aren't a lot of BIG brand names on the roster.

Advice to Management

It's great that the company is growing, but don't let that get in the way on focusing on your people. IQ is a great place, so stay true to what made it that way.

2. "Trouble."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IQ Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice enough people but the thinking is a bit behind the times.

Cons

They just don't have the business flow or current client mix that will drive growth.
    The salary levels are very low and they are looking for people to work an unreasonable amount.

Advice to Management

Try harder. Feels like everyone is running in different directions.

3. "Growing and Fun"

I worked at IQ Agency full-time

Pros

Enjoyed my time at IQ - great culture and I really enjoyed working with so many talented people. IQ always seemed to genuinely care about its employees and what was best for them.

Cons

Not a lot of BIG brands, but decent clients and work. We used to do events pretty regularly, but while we still held them, they seemed less consistent lately.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee morale and culture

4. "A Truly Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Strategist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Strategist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at IQ for almost 4 years, which in advertising might seem like an eternity — but I enjoyed every minute of it. IQ is a place that encourages individuality, smart thinking, and creativity. The business itself is doing better now than ever I believe, which I credit to smart hiring and a better understanding of the market position of the agency. There's a all-for-one/one-for-all mentality at IQ that almost polices egos and in-fighting. People at IQ really collaborate and aren't looking to jump over each other for glory or control of a project. Though IQ has always been known as a good agency, it is far better today than when I started, which is a great thing for anyone who is considering working there or working with the company.

Cons

As with many agencies (and brands now for that matter), turnover happens. It was common at times for people to leave and for work to be spread around instead of re-hiring for that position immediately, causing some tension for people that became over-resourced. Work is sometimes resourced from the top down instead of spread amongst teams with differing experience levels, with upper level employees keeping a more dense schedule while lower level employees may have significantly less work or exposure with a client. Some of that can be attributed to being a smaller agency, for what it's worth.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, don't look back.

5. "Going great places!"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fully paid health premiums.
    A truly kind environment.
    COO and owner are tops!
    Creative department is delightful to work with are the account reps and project managers!
    Profit sharing

Cons

There are few places kinder than IQ. You would be lucky to work here either on the creative team or as a project manager or account rep.

Advice to Management

I've never experienced an employer that listened and acted to employee feedback like IQ. Keep on keepin' on!

"IQ"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Generally, the people that work at IQ are relaxed, smart, engaged and passionate. The work is fast paced and there is a loose and laid back culture that promotes individual responsibility, which is both good and bad in some cases depending on that individuals work ethic. However there is no one currently at the company that ruins the culture or has a bad work ethic or attitude, which is great.

Cons

IQ is an ad agency, so many of the cons that go along with agency life apply. The work is fast and constant, but the hours aren't long compared to other agencies. The agency is slow to hire citing a focus on culture fits and not wanting to expand faster than needed, so it sometimes feels like more people are needed but new hires are being made so that may not be a long term 'con'

7. "A Great Place To Work"

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at IQ is really hard to come by. The people are amazing and genuinely care about one another, as well as their work. Management is pretty transparent about everything. The work is fun and work/life balance is usually pretty great. It's very rare to see someone that's unhappy or working crazy hours. I truly felt like my colleagues became family, and I already miss them unlike I've ever missed co-workers in the past.

Cons

Not many 'cons' come to mind since pretty much every employee is actively involved in making IQ what it is and management is willing to try new things and make quick changes when needed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to maintain the inclusive feel of the office.

Apr 27, 2016 – CEO

Appreciate the kind words. Yes, culture is hard to come by, and we try to make it even better everyday. We understand that an agency is only as good as its people so we do everything we can to find... More

"Great company to start out at."

Former Employee - Junior Designer
    Former Employee - Junior Designer

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly some of the best people I've ever had the privilege of working with. Great culture, pretty relaxed environment.

They really try to take care of the juniors and bring them on into interesting projects. You can make your own opportunity here and ideas are welcomed.

Cons

A lot of growing pains and there aren't enough systems in place, I think it will come with time. Benefits are decent but there's no 401k match.

Apr 23, 2016 – CEO

Thanks. We actually have 401k profit sharing which was 5% in 2015 vs. the normal 3% for matching. We also had EOY cash bonuses for everyone.

"A "has been" agency"

I worked at IQ Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people work there. Free snacks. Free coffee. Comfortable seats and nice buildout. If you like baseball you can catch a Braves game rather easily.

Cons

Owner is a kook. His plans to sell the place drives his decisions to work his staff to death and get the profits up. They are deceptive with clients and have no ability to win business. Absent of real leadership.

Advice to Management

Just sell the place and move on please

May 8, 2016 – CEO

There are no plans to sell the agency. In fact we are proud of our independence. Also we are profitable, and share those profits with employees with bonus' and 401k profit sharing. Also I should... More

"Things are good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IQ Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insurance premiums covered in full for employees
    - Summer Fridays
    - Snacks in the kitchen. (The kitchen is a little better stocked some weeks than others.)
    - Work/life balance (depending on role/department)
    - Supportive environment. I always feel like I can be transparent in my opinions to management and be heard and taken into consideration
    - The owner has become much easier to work with than before. I think management has just learned how to communicate with him really well so he's not running all over the place trying to figure out what's going on, and I wouldn't consider him a big drawback to working here.
    - There's clearly a lot of effort being put into making IQ a more fun place to work.
    - After a rough period where a lot of key people either left or were fired, there's been a boost in morale for the most part and things are good. As a previous reviewer said, there's a lot of momentum and I believe IQ is still a much better place to work than most agencies in Atlanta. It's on an upward swing.

Cons

- Location. Also, this might be a pro for some people, but it's not too far from the new Braves stadium.
    - Some key roles from that rough period have yet to be filled (although they are recruiting actively)
    - On the flip side of the pro, work life balance (depending on role/department). Some people are really overworked and the decision to bring in more people to lighten the load is made very slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep on working to make IQ a better place to work, and be sensitive to people's short and long-term career needs/goals.