IQAir Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Glory Dolphin Hammes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Glassdoor reviews are bogus"

Current Employee - Web Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company treats me really well. Great benefits, pay and many fun perks. My co workers are a great bunch of people too, without exception.

Cons

Reading these bogus reviews from people that don't work here and believe me anyone who does work here can tell. I'm in web development and there is no one from Seattle, no one is leaving for a job in Santa Monica. And I don't know why someone has a hard on about cameras. Probably someone who was up to something they shouldn't have been and got caught. - and fired. which is why their loser self is putting bad stuff up about the company. And someone actually bagged on our location. Hello - clean air company! Where else but a really polluted location would you want? DUH! Just goes to show how thoughtless and stupid the people posting this crap are.

Advice to Management

ignore the haters and keep doing what you're doing. I'm a developer and I'm happy.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we're happy that you're happy.

2. "Very Passive Aggressive and if you're Black and male BECAREFUL"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A gym and lunch on Friday!

Cons

Young and minority? Forget about it! The moment I started working there, the bald and grey haired white men were openly bothered. The moment I entire one of the IT rooms a guy asked me where did I come from before even knowing my name. They watch all their online reviews like hawks cause they know how foul they are. If you are an looking for work on Glassdoor ask yourself how many companies come on this site trying to defend their actions and make fake positive reviews for themselves. This site serves as a warning for people looking for a nice place to work and they can't even deal with that because they are foul. The company at a higher level is ran by a Black woman but she does not concern herself with dealings on the lower tier and plus in SoCal you cannot expect other African Americans to have your back. So specifically if you are a young black male don't work for them unless you just need a paycheck. They are going to fake smile and "I have back friends" you until you are out the door. Forget their responses at least someone told you.

Advice to Management

Worry more about the reality of how you treat people. No matter how much you try to trick people online eventually they will see the truth anyway.

"Hands Down the worst experience of my career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Pros

Good benefits, adequate compensation, and some genuinely good people working in the trenches, unfortunately these are the only positives to working there, and certainly don’t offset the negatives.

Cons

My experience here honestly felt like I was living in a college text book use case of how NOT to run a business. I experienced numerous instances of dysfunction, dishonesty, and narcissism.

It’s an extremely dysfunctional organization that really doesn’t understand value or the marketplace. They sell a good product (although an extremely dated and overpriced one), but are unable to seize the obvious opportunities right in front of them.

The root of this dysfunction starts with the anemic and myopic leadership of the management. There is no better example of this than the CEO, who is very inexperienced, uninspired and lacks any vision or big picture thinking. This lack of experience and leadership manifests itself in insecurity, a lack of trust, suspicion and micromanaging every minute detail of the company. As such talented and creative individuals are setup to fail. Why insist on hiring top performers if you’re not going provide them with the opportunity to excel at what they do best? Why hire talented and smart people if you’re not going to defer to their expertise? This has created a workplace culture that delivers little value.

Management refuses to hold themselves accountable for its failures, bad decisions, or lack of a decision, thus creating an environment that is completely counterproductive and unprofessional, Many of my co-workers were dissatisfied and seeking employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I will offer some advice, however it will probably be met with the typical response you’ll see here to other reviews, “Constructive criticism is appreciated, however there is none of that here”

Trust is NOT a word, it is an attitude. Only trust can inspire trust. Your policies should constantly reinforce trust in your employees.

It’s time for management to be intellectually honest for a change. Maybe then the realization will come that the problem IS the management.

In today’s economic environment the truly great companies that thrive and remain competitive are learning organizations. Organizations that learn from its customers, learn from its employees, learn from the marketplace, learn what has value and learn what doesn’t. Unfortunately, I can’t see that change of mindset happening.

Aug 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. IQAir has been in business over 50 years, gaining more profitability, recognition and success with each year that passes. That track record shows that our leadership... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great group of people working together. Great camaraderie

Cons

Outrages owner, lack of trust, suspicious of everyone

Oct 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do indeed have a wonderful and talented group of people who work very collaboratively with each other and our senior leadership team. This group is moving IQAir... More

"Great people! Challenging work!"

Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that I work with are amazing. I love going to work everyday. The culture took a bit of adjustment, as this is definitely a group of direct communicators. No politics: I was told often please tell me what we need to hear - not what you think we want to hear. Our communication is honest and respectful towards one another. Our work goes smoothly and we are taking on major projects without the politics. It's refreshing and a pleasure to be a work.

Cons

This is a small company. There isn't a tremendous amount of room for advancement. But the Pros more than overcome the Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! It's great to be here.

Jul 19, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to describe the culture, the job responsibilities and expectations throughout the interview and onboarding process. I'm pleased to hear that our... More

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company supplies many small perks to unify the coworkers, which makes me feel like part of a team. Lunches are supplied frequently to create a friendly atmosphere and it helps me "get to know" the entire staff. I recently enjoyed a trip to the wild animal park in San Diego, supplied by the company, and I had fun bonding with my coworkers. The atmosphere is friendly and constant "team building" opportunities make me want to make this my career.

Cons

The building is huge and sometimes a bit daunting, however it is kept VERY clean.

Advice to Management

Please continue your support of your employees. I feel like my input matters, and it makes me feel like I am needed as a responsible contributor!

Feb 4, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The Annual Year End party is always a good time and I'm happy you enjoyed yourself. Every team member, their impressions and contributions, matter. I encourage you to... More

"Quite possibly the worst place I've ever worked. Seriously."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQAir makes a top-of-line product and you're working with the best clean air tech in the industry. Great company to have on your resume if you're willing to endure the negativity.

Cons

Look, if you're looking for an in-between job, IQAir is the place to be. The pay is average DOE, but among the shoddy management, barely-there leadership, and mind-numbing atmosphere... most of my co-workers were miserable. Get in, and get out ASAP.

There are sweet perks you can get - gym membership and free food - but otherwise, get ready to look back on your time at IQAir with "what was I thinking" disdain.

You may also notice HR attempting to "respond" to any negative review. Think about it: most HR departments couldn't care less about their Glassdoor reviews but there seems to be a scramble dispel any bad feedback. Really listen to what the negative reviews are saying because trust (TRUST) me... they're not wrong. You don't want to work here.

Feb 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. As you say, we do have a lot of sweet perks. Responding to reviews is hardly a "scramble", but a professional courtesy to respond to anyone who wishes to comment on the... More

"You are not a person"

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Good benefits and gym membership.

Cons

There is NO LOYALTY TO THE EMPLOYEE. Glory is grossly out of touch with her employees and with her customers. Training does not prepare you for this job. Management's high unreasonable distrust and suspicion of employees makes it impossible to perform at a high level. This is one seriously screwed up company who deserves its very poor reputation.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is. Put down the management cliff notes and learn how to properly manage employees. Stop asking employees for positive Glass door reviews for IQAir. It is pathetic.

Dec 29, 2015 – HR Manager

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, however, there is none of that in this review. This review is so filled with anger and falsehood that there is no reasonable response. If you are... More

"Not enough ups to offset the downs"

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building, free Friday lunches, gym but even then its not worth it.

Cons

Management does not care about you as a person or you opinions. It is very much a "do as I say, not as I do" culture. They make employees feel like they're replaceable at an instant.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and their ideas as well as what they bring to the table.

Oct 21, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you don't feel valued. While no one person is irreplaceable, we do have a great team of people at IQAir and each and every team member is... More

"Assistant Clerk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Pros

Great Benefits for such a small company (Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K) almost every benefit you could expect from a larger company with hundreds of employees. Holidays and Personal time off. Very Competitive!

Cons

No more than the usual problems of a small company like gossiping, complaining employees and cliques that see everything from their own perspective. The people that know how to run the company, but they do not have any real experience doing so.

Advice to Management

No advice needed for management they seem to be on their toes. One thing about good management they hate mediocrity and they can smell it a mile away and this is the case at IQAir.

Aug 3, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do have highly market competitive benefits and we work hard to keep them that way. We do always encourage our team members to express any complaints they may have... More