IQAir Reviews | Glassdoor

Glory Dolphin Hammes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Very dynamic company"

Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very rewarding place to work. The culture is performance oriented and that's what I like.

Cons

The company culture is not for everyone. It's tough for people that may not fit in.

Advice to Management

Should interact more with employees.

Mar 31, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review! It is true that this culture is not for everyone. Employee benefits include an on-site gym and weekly catered lunches in addition to company paid employee health... More

"Growing Company. Great Opportunities. Fun and fast-paced work environment."

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IQAir is experiencing high levels of growth. The current staff is professional, friendly, and closely knit. There is catered lunch provided every Friday and catered breakfast every Monday. The building is gorgeous and offers a full gym, an enormous break room and a 16 ft high slide (that's right, I said slide) that leads from the offices to the showroom. The company often hosts outings to amusement parks, events, and restaurants for employees and their families to enjoy (at no cost to employees). We have even had professional 15 minute massages as a thank you from upper management.

Cons

There is no bonus system available. If you do not work well in a fast paced environment this job may not be for you. Plans can change fast and new ideas are always being proposed. If you are simply looking for a place to do a repetitive job to earn a paycheck than IQAir may not be your first choice for employment.

Advice to Management

Considering a bonus system for employees would be beneficial for employee moral and keep employees feeling appreciated.

Aug 10, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed experiencing significant growth and change is occurring daily. IQAir does have a bonus system in place for all team members, based on performance and... More

"Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Development Manager in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people breath better air! Incredible growth opportunity, fun & fast paced, great benefits (medical, dental, 401k and more), breakfast, lunches, indoor slide, state-of-the-art Gym, and outdoor fountain & BBQ :-)

Cons

Not for the weak of hearts. Must be ready to give 120%.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great work. Thank you for listening and for the 100% support.

Apr 28, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. IQAir's core values revolve around ensuring we make the highest quality product to help people breathe cleaner, healthier air and we are happy that you find it to be a... More

"The best job I never knew existed"

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a high speed, high energy, no nonsense, let's-get-this-job-done kind of place - this is it. You bring your skills, your drive and your determination to be better and the company will provide the tools to make it all work. Leave the excuses at home. If you work here you will be part of a company that is showing everyone else how it's supposed to be done. When the day is finished you'll be tired, exhilarated and off the clock. Burn out is strongly discouraged.

Cons

If I ever do run across something I don't like here then maybe I'll update my review. Okay, maybe one thing: Is there any other paint color than white?

Advice to Management

To all the senior management: keep up the energy, excitement and drive. It lights up this building even more than the eco-friendly LED lighting.

Aug 21, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. As you noted in your description, top performers and Hundred Percenters thrive at IQAir through the day to day work culture, open communication and opportunities for... More

"Fun environment with challenging work"

Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - C# Applications Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a a company that stands for their product. The people are super nice and there's plenty of interesting work to go around. Free lunch on fridays and an onsite gym! If you work hard and make use of the amenities, this is a great place to spend 8 hours of your day!

Cons

I've only been here a few weeks, but nothing seems astray so far!

Jan 19, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your initial experiences at IQAir have been positive. We look forward to seeing your comments in the future as you get more tenure... More

"Summary of my experiences."

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company with lots of growth potential. Uses state-of-the-art technology with every technology-based project. Inclusive culture where you are asked to explore newer, better, and more efficient methodologies, processes, tools, and techniques. You are challenged daily with making yourself more efficient, resourceful, and with your general personal growth.

Cons

Upper management needs to better support the middle management so that it can efficiently and quickly address company objectives, goals, and issues. Also, simultaneously support its work force's concerns, and needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the use of state-of-the-art technology. Your technology division is on the cutting edge of technology, so maintain your existing ecosystem and leverage this knowledge for future products. Also, continue to develop a close and inclusive team that works like a lean, efficient machine.

Dec 15, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. In addition to its outstanding team members, IQAir prides itself on being technologically progressive. We are pleased that you have found us to be so as well. As we... More

"BOO YAH"

Pros

This is a company for people who want to be better a year from now (maybe even a week) than they are now. Improvement through learning and training is not only encouraged, it is mandatory. We are given all we need to succeed in a bright, comfortable, open - and to my mind clean - building.
    The CEO is one of few truly amazing people that you come across maybe once or twice in your life if you're lucky. For the naysayers, I have to say listen and learn. People only rise to her level through intelligence, hard work, determination and the pursuit of an ideal. Maybe that's too much for lesser people to understand.
    The HR manager is accessible and engaged but straightforward. If you need someone to listen she is very good at that. She is also able to show you an issue from a new perspective and help you find solutions. But don't walk into her office and expect a sympathetic ear if all you want to do is whine, you will find no cheese on her desk.
    Working at IQAir is definitely not for everybody. Neither is being a Marine but the former (if there is such a thing) Marines that work here are doing quite well.

Cons

There is too much echo in the lunch room.

Advice to Management

We had a town hall style meeting a while back. I found it to be informative and encouraging. I hope we see another one.

Jul 6, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. IQAir is very big on continuing development and I am always looking for ways to challenge our team. We take constructive criticism very seriously and welcome your... More

"A great experience so far"

Current Employee - C# Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - C# Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at IQAir as a C# developer for just over 90 days now and I really don't see all this drama some of the other reviewers are talking about. I have not been paid by HR, I don't work in HR nor has the company asked me to post this review. In fact Debbie is super nice so back off peeps!! I just hate to see how generally-angry people use this site to spew out their unhappiness in their life. I am always pushed to the edges of my programming abilities which I see as a good thing. We are highly encouraged to go through online extended education classes. Further, the company provides free online training through various websites. If I want to learn a new topic such as Angular or improve my MVC skills I am encouraged to do so. Even the arm chair quarterbacks hiding behind their anonymity mention a lot of the good perks: Friday lunches, on-site gym, off-site gym membership, snacks, Monday breakfast, baseball games, a new facility, casual attire, good insurance options, ...

Cons

Right now, the cons are hopping on to this website to see unfair ratings from unhappy people. In general, as long as we enjoy life, enjoy our work and of course are good at our jobs we will most likely be treated fairly. Employees and employers have both good days and bad days, we're human. I guess if people want negativity in their lives they'll continue to spew it out at any opportunity they get. I discourage those negative people to apply. Again, I have not yet had a bad experience here at IQAir. I like it here and would encourage good people to take a job here.

Advice to Management

The internet development department, which I work for, has a great team of people who all get along well. If you are looking to this site to get some insights as to how the development department works don't listen to the negative reviews. Just keep helping us find more good people.

Jul 24, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for feedback. Your positive outlook is inspiring! I hope you remain passionate about your work and I encourage you to continue in your personal and skill development.

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company supplies many small perks to unify the coworkers, which makes me feel like part of a team. Lunches are supplied frequently to create a friendly atmosphere and it helps me "get to know" the entire staff. I recently enjoyed a trip to the wild animal park in San Diego, supplied by the company, and I had fun bonding with my coworkers. The atmosphere is friendly and constant "team building" opportunities make me want to make this my career.

Cons

The building is huge and sometimes a bit daunting, however it is kept VERY clean.

Advice to Management

Please continue your support of your employees. I feel like my input matters, and it makes me feel like I am needed as a responsible contributor!

Feb 4, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The Annual Year End party is always a good time and I'm happy you enjoyed yourself. Every team member, their impressions and contributions, matter. I encourage you to... More

"Great people! Challenging work!"

Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that I work with are amazing. I love going to work everyday. The culture took a bit of adjustment, as this is definitely a group of direct communicators. No politics: I was told often please tell me what we need to hear - not what you think we want to hear. Our communication is honest and respectful towards one another. Our work goes smoothly and we are taking on major projects without the politics. It's refreshing and a pleasure to be a work.

Cons

This is a small company. There isn't a tremendous amount of room for advancement. But the Pros more than overcome the Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! It's great to be here.

Jul 19, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to describe the culture, the job responsibilities and expectations throughout the interview and onboarding process. I'm pleased to hear that our... More