IQAir Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glory Dolphin Hammes

"Glassdoor reviews are bogus"

Current Employee - Web Developer in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company treats me really well. Great benefits, pay and many fun perks. My co workers are a great bunch of people too, without exception.

Cons

Reading these bogus reviews from people that don't work here and believe me anyone who does work here can tell. I'm in web development and there is no one from Seattle, no one is leaving for a job in Santa Monica. And I don't know why someone has a hard on about cameras. Probably someone who was up to something they shouldn't have been and got caught. - and fired. which is why their loser self is putting bad stuff up about the company. And someone actually bagged on our location. Hello - clean air company! Where else but a really polluted location would you want? DUH! Just goes to show how thoughtless and stupid the people posting this crap are.

Advice to Management

ignore the haters and keep doing what you're doing. I'm a developer and I'm happy.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we're happy that you're happy.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great group of people working together. Great camaraderie

Cons

Outrages owner, lack of trust, suspicious of everyone

Oct 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do indeed have a wonderful and talented group of people who work very collaboratively with each other and our senior leadership team. This group is moving IQAir ... More

"Interesting Company"

Pros

Good product, interesting projects and great people to work with

Cons

Little opportunity for development, no clear strategy, a lot seems to happen on tactical level

Sep 20, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I agree wholeheartedly with your Pros and would like to address your Cons. While there is little opportunity for upward career mobility at this time, there is tremendous ... More

"Great people! Challenging work!"

Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Management in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that I work with are amazing. I love going to work everyday. The culture took a bit of adjustment, as this is definitely a group of direct communicators. No politics: I was told often please tell me what we need to hear - not what you think we want to hear. Our communication is honest and respectful towards one another. Our work goes smoothly and we are taking on major projects without the politics. It's refreshing and a pleasure to be a work.

Cons

This is a small company. There isn't a tremendous amount of room for advancement. But the Pros more than overcome the Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! It's great to be here.

Jul 19, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard to describe the culture, the job responsibilities and expectations throughout the interview and onboarding process. I'm pleased to hear that our ... More

"Quite possibly the worst place I've ever worked. Seriously."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

I worked at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQAir makes a top-of-line product and you're working with the best clean air tech in the industry. Great company to have on your resume if you're willing to endure the negativity.

Cons

Look, if you're looking for an in-between job, IQAir is the place to be. The pay is average DOE, but among the shoddy management, barely-there leadership, and mind-numbing atmosphere... most of my co-workers were miserable. Get in, and get out ASAP.

There are sweet perks you can get - gym membership and free food - but otherwise, get ready to look back on your time at IQAir with "what was I thinking" disdain.

You may also notice HR attempting to "respond" to any negative review. Think about it: most HR departments couldn't care less about their Glassdoor reviews but there seems to be a scramble dispel any bad feedback. Really listen to what the negative reviews are saying because trust (TRUST) me... they're not wrong. You don't want to work here.

Feb 5, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. As you say, we do have a lot of sweet perks. Responding to reviews is hardly a "scramble", but a professional courtesy to respond to anyone who wishes to comment on the ... More

"sales"

Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company supplies many small perks to unify the coworkers, which makes me feel like part of a team. Lunches are supplied frequently to create a friendly atmosphere and it helps me "get to know" the entire staff. I recently enjoyed a trip to the wild animal park in San Diego, supplied by the company, and I had fun bonding with my coworkers. The atmosphere is friendly and constant "team building" opportunities make me want to make this my career.

Cons

The building is huge and sometimes a bit daunting, however it is kept VERY clean.

Advice to Management

Please continue your support of your employees. I feel like my input matters, and it makes me feel like I am needed as a responsible contributor!

Feb 4, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The Annual Year End party is always a good time and I'm happy you enjoyed yourself. Every team member, their impressions and contributions, matter. I encourage you to ... More

"You are not a person"

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Good benefits and gym membership.

Cons

There is NO LOYALTY TO THE EMPLOYEE. Glory is grossly out of touch with her employees and with her customers. Training does not prepare you for this job. Management's high unreasonable distrust and suspicion of employees makes it impossible to perform at a high level. This is one seriously screwed up company who deserves its very poor reputation.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is. Put down the management cliff notes and learn how to properly manage employees. Stop asking employees for positive Glass door reviews for IQAir. It is pathetic.

Dec 29, 2015 – HR Manager

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, however, there is none of that in this review. This review is so filled with anger and falsehood that there is no reasonable response. If you are ... More

"Not enough ups to offset the downs"

I have been working at IQAir full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building, free Friday lunches, gym but even then its not worth it.

Cons

Management does not care about you as a person or you opinions. It is very much a "do as I say, not as I do" culture. They make employees feel like they're replaceable at an instant.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and their ideas as well as what they bring to the table.

Oct 21, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you don't feel valued. While no one person is irreplaceable, we do have a great team of people at IQAir and each and every team member is ... More

"Strategic Thinkers Beware"

I worked at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great Colleagues
    2. Benefits are good - lunch on Fridays, breakfast on Mondays, free gym membership, onsite gym, health and dental and vision covered
    3. Fantastic product and helps a lot of people - could be a HUGE company but it's Achilles' heel is the micromanagement and lack of innovation.

Cons

For the record, I am not a "bitter, ex-employee", I just simply value critical thinking, strategic planning and collaboration too much and these are not things put into action at IQAir.

Meetings that should be spent bringing together the content experts from different departments to brainstorm and collaborate are spent providing updates to the CEO on projects that most people are only doing because they have been told what and how to do something. Defending your job during each meeting gets to be overwhelming especially if it is stuff that you know is going to fail before you start it (and have voiced that concern.)

Accountability is one thing but micro-management is another and IQAir values day-to-day task micromanagement to the highest level. Trust isn't a word in the CEO's vocabulary. The current strategy is to not have one and any form of long-term planning is very rudimentary. If you also value these things and want an environment to learn more skill sets and grow as a professional, IQAir is not the place for you as it wasn't for me.

You can save everyone a lot of time during the interview process if you ask the following things and if the answer is anything different than what is outlined, it is being sugar-coated:

1) How many people have been with the company more than 2 years? A: A handful of the 60+ employees (they will say it is because of growth but that is a lie - they have gone through lots of people and just changed position titles to make it look good)

2) What is the leadership style? The CEO is "hands-on" AKA doing simple tasks and attending every meeting to avoid big picture thinking and doing what a fortune 500 CEO would be doing.

3) What is the work culture like? They will say it is a "flat structure" and that you have access to everyone - which is true BUT it's not so that you can approach them directly to collaborate or present ideas, it is that way because the CEO needs to know everything and approve everything (and I mean EVERYTHING...even emails to customers and word-smithing content written by seasoned professionals).

Advice to Management

1. Your company is only good as your weakest link, don't let that link continue to be you.
    2. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
    3. Everyone has the same goal as you "make IQAir successful and a selling machine" - let the experts that you hire go make you money. It may feel uncomfortable but it can be the best thing you can do because you are not an expert in everything.

Sep 8, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best and hope that you have found a position that better suits your own business philosophy and style.

"Not for the highly talented"

I worked at IQAir full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great health benefits
    • Great new building
    • Free lunch on Fridays
    • Free bagels and fruit on Mondays
    • 24 hour gym membership
    • On-site gym
    • Amazing, wonderful co-workers ( honestly fantastic )

Cons

So what makes IQAir a 1 star despite all those pros?

1. First things first. Most positive reviews are from new hires. Actually read the reviews they will all say something like "just started and have no complaints". I along with 4 other people were pressured to leave a review ONE week into being hired on. We were all hired around the same time

2. This place is a micromanagement machine. All this micromanagement unfortunately comes from the CEO. The micromanagement extends to writing and authorizing 'dishwasher policies' and other head-scratchers. She will point fingers at departments or employees one at a time. A running joke is asking who or what department is in the hot seat this week? Disagreeing with CEO during meetings usually leads to write-ups or firings for 'not being IQAir material'.

3. The turnover rater is VERY high. Out of the 60 employees during my time there only 4 were there longer than 1 year. Everyone is in fear of their job, It is a stressful environment because people are scared to take accountability for decisions because they usually lead to firings. So departments will point fingers at each other in an attempt to avoid blame. Instead of feeling like you are on a team with fellow departments you feel as though you need to cover all your tracks to assure you are safe. During my time less than 12 twelve months over 20 people were fired. Most new hires don't stay past their probationary period.

4. HR is very over-bearing. Numerous mandatory weekly meetings leave middle management few too hours to guide subordinates. Processes must all be vetted by HR and CEO. Things take twice as long as needed to complete and you often leave meetings feeling like what was decided last week has changed 180º this week.

5. The actual work you will produce is outdated, not to mention the tools used to do so. So any new technologies, software, best practices, trends and new findings are quickly pushed down because it can't be controlled. CEO is strangely scared of public opinion from social media users so there is no social media channels. Replies to comments need verification from CEO before being posted leaving customer's frustrated with how long it takes to get their needs met.

6. Arrogance of the highest level is portrayed from the very top. While IQAir's product is an amazing product that actually works.There is zero emotion in the work place, no smiling faces, the feeling in the air is cold. Family arguments from the top of the chain will leave you confused as what to do next.

7. No growth opportunities to further your career here.

Its not a place I would recommend to work at unless you are looking to build our experience in your field. If you are highly skilled you will grow frustrated much quicker than others.

Advice to Management

Trust. Allow middle management and subordinates the freedom to explore options within their roles. It becomes a chore coming to work, don't make IQAir a place where everyone looks forward to friday lunch as the saving grace for the week.

Although a family run business, don't let those family feuds put your employees in lose-lose situations.

Aug 17, 2015 – HR Manager

Constructive criticism is great appreciated and taken very seriously. It is hard, however, to take this review seriously. It is so clearly sour apples. I would say that IQAir is ONLY for the ... More