IQInvision Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Experience"

Current Employee - Intern in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Start up culture, a great team, great open communication, great location, lots of opportunity, Love my time here with the company

Cons

It didn't fit the culture or the industry that matched what I wanted for my career, I'm looking for something more market oriented

Advice to Management

Utilize the skills of your interns more, I wish I could have taken on more responsibilities, experienced more things that would benefit my education and career

2. "Great culture with management issues"

I worked at IQInvision full-time

Pros

Excellent coworkers and a great team atmosphere helped make IQinVision an outstanding work place. Benefits were competitive with the local market.

Cons

The executive leadership team lost touch with the market and was taking short cuts which resulted in poor product quality and missing features.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing rather than the expedient thing. People are willing to support a vision that they believe in.

3. "IQinVision was a Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I worked at IQInvision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great processes, great product.
    Nice benefits package, real bonus structure and uncommon flexibility

Cons

Difficult to get recognized, difficult to realize any upward promotions or pay increases.
    Before I left the company they were engaged in a merger that would soon spell their ultimate downfall.

Advice to Management

Keep the IQeye line of cameras branded and front and center.

4. "It's ok, nothing exciting"

I worked at IQInvision full-time

Pros

The people within the organization are pretty good to work with and the company seems to generally care about the people.

Cons

Their product was in need of revamping. Once a leader in IP security cameras, they quickly went downhill not keeping up with the market.

5. "Good people, OK product"

I worked at IQInvision full-time

Pros

The corporate environment was pretty positive while I was there. Good group of people from top to bottom. People worked as a team to achieve the goals.

Cons

The product became a "me too" very quickly because of poor vision and execution by the management team. They have had several quality issues that have done nothing to improve status within the industry. Unfortunately, they used to be the top of the list as a quality manufacturer and have since lost that status.

Advice to Management

too little, too late...

6. "You can't fight city hall when city hall is made of up of the customers in your market."

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Pros

IQinvision is respected for its technology . It is well-run from an organization standpoint with a mature management team.. It provides its employs decent pay and benefits. Everything is above board and by the book from a financial perspective. The company respects a work/life balance.

Cons

When a company is led by engineers and not by sales/marketing the focus tends to be on technological investments rather than on sales and marketing. When you turnover your sales force and sales management too often in a short period of time, it is hard for the market to believe that you are doing well and they should trust buying from you

Advice to Management

Look to be acquired by a larger organization that has the skill and resources to invest in marketing and selling your products.