IQNavigator Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Juliano

Pros
Cons
  • Even certain members of upper management have been job hunting for the last 6 (in 5 reviews)

• Again, not a place to go if job security is something that you are seeking (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time

Pros

The people and the pay.

Cons

There is a lot of concern about job security which makes for a tough working environment.

Advice to Management

If you are going to make any drastic moves do it quickly and move the company forward, for the sake of everyone who likes working here.

2. "I do not recommend..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at IQNavigator full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary was good. I learned a lot about MSP/VMS.

Cons

Lots of cliques. Promotions were based on who management liked best vs who was best qualified. HR department was confrontational instead of being helpful. I was never fully utilized so I left. Some of the management was not interested in training at all. If you would ask for training sometimes the response would be "you really don't know how to do that?" If I had known, I would not have asked.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on skill set instead of favoritism.

3. "Has gone downhill over recent years"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee with IQN for over 7 years and have worked through a lot of management and employee changes. They have recently implemented more perks like unlimited PTO, and the staff (outside of executive management) is wonderful to work with.

Cons

There have been multiple layoffs (5-6) in the last 3 years. The last round of layoffs in September was blamed on an effort to "simplify" the company ... and then the acquisition and "merger" was announced 2 months later. Management needs to be more transparent with employees. They resist promotions due to the increased cost so hard working employees remain at the same position/level for 5+ years, despite manager promises year after year. The entire DTC office looks like a ghost town - empty desks and offices. Morale is low. Even certain members of upper management have been job hunting for the last 6+ months.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as assets of the company, not as expendable pawns.

"Poor outlook / employees not valued"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at IQNavigator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some flexibility with remote work, though this was recently scaled back
    - OK colleagues

Cons

- Dire financial situation - I'm not sure for how long it will be a viable organization, which creates uncertainty among colleagues.
    - No upward mobility - Management doesn't want employees to grow; it's cheaper to keep employees at lower positions doing increasingly more complex work, and senior employees are shuffled.
    - Volatile environment - Priorities change frequently, as do expectations, employees, mission, and targets. It's difficult to create any sort of goal or expectation.
    - Little job security - erratic firing of employees; when management needs to cut employees, erratic and insensitive measures are taken, and HR turns a blind eye to any unfair hiring and business practices.

Advice to Management

Increase transparency and have a better understanding of what employees are saying. Change leadership to bring in a new vision.

6. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Joe (CEO) is a natural leader and he has an open, trusting, and mutually respectful relationship with all IQN employees. This behavior is evident throughout the company.

Cons

can not think of one

"Message from CEO"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Denver, CO

Pros

I spent the time to look at the glass door posts.

As CEO of the company, I want to first state that I care deeply about the company, our employees and our customers. It bothers me when employees aren’t getting the employment experience they desire, even if it is one employee. Or if a customer isn’t getting the value from our solutions. I would encourage anyone who truly cares about the company to see me and discuss their concerns. I have had meetings with employees that care and we’ve implemented many of their suggestions.

We have great aspirations for IQN.

From a customer standpoint, we want our customers to attain the business value from the use of our solutions. We talk often about the “experience” we want our customers to have in working with us as a company. We aspire to be a top tier SaaS company and to that end we hired a third party consulting organization to help us attain that objective. We implemented a series of initiatives and measure them through our balance score card.

From a technologies standpoint, I am very excited about having the most modern technology stack in our industry and what we can do for our customers, leveraging our technologies.

From an employee standpoint, I want us to hire and pay for top talent. To that end, we used a third party organization to benchmark our salaries and organization. We’ve been running bi annual performance reviews to provide feedback to tie pay to performance. We invested in training and many cultural activities.

From a cultural standpoint, we’ve changed a lot in the last few years. We now expect a lot from each other, and we have potential and aspirations that are very exciting, but it won’t be easy. In the end it takes great employees, empowered, rallying around the common objectives.

Is everything perfect at IQN? No. Nor is it perfect at any company, but we strive everyday to improve and I would encourage any employee to discuss ways of which we can improve. You can do this with me privately, with your manager or we have an open session at every ELT meeting where any employee can come in and address the executive team with any idea they have.

I know quite a few IQN employees pretty well and I think we have an amazing workforce.

Cons

like all software companies, there is a lot to do.

8. "Accounting manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at IQNavigator (More than 3 years)

Pros

the management team brought in about 1 year ago improved the company. not afraid of getting rid of the deadwood

Cons

software can be difficult to implement, resulting in too much work being done on customer implementations. employees work a lot.

Advice to Management

Needs to improve the software to make it best in class, this includes easier to implement and a reduction in costs.

9. "Rewarding and balanced work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked here for 8 years, in multiple roles. I've worked very hard but I've also been lucky to be mentored into a management role and valued enough to define my job, playing to my knowledge and strengths. There are incredible training and development opportunities for employees at all levels, providing growth for those who take interest in their professional and personal development. Executives make it a point to know the names of all employees and their roles. Onsite gym with free classes, fitness coaching, Friday breakfast and unlimited time off are terrific perks. I respect the passion and intellect of the people I work with and know they feel the same about me.

Cons

No workplace is perfect; I believe there is more power in finding a solution than complaining about what is wrong, either real or perceived.

Advice to Management

Feedback from employees is important; keep soliciting it.

"Developing into a great place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Developer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at IQNavigator full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible time off. The company continues to improve the work/life balance.
    - Great collection of upper management. EVPs have the necessary experience and innovative thinking to drive IQN to the next level.
    - Interesting modern technologies. In the past year, the company has gone from an outdated, Java-centric development environment to a modern SASS architecture using Grails/groovy and microservices.
    - IQN has almost doubled our development team over the past year...bringing in many developers (from junior to mid-level to senior) to help transform the application using modern techniques. This has created a very diverse group where everyone continues to learn every single day.
    - Lots of opportunities for training - both professional and technical
    - Ping pong table!

Cons

- IQN has lost some employees over the years...some very good people. Attrition has eased over the past 6 months or so. Hopefully, we will continue to retain our talented workers.
    - Not enough happy hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the employees first.
    Continue to strive to be the very best in our industry.
    Continue to do everything necessary to retain our talented group of employees.

"Good company, but times changed"

Former Employee - Product Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Management in Denver, CO

I worked at IQNavigator (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, great work ethics

Cons

Difficulty in drawing lines between should do and must do work for customers