IQPC Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

3.5
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Learn a lot of difference industries, project management experience, working with cross-functional teams to deliver a project successfully (in 8 reviews)

• IQPC Australia is a great place to work (in 13 reviews)

Cons

"Great people, Great Company!"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

Fantastic work culture and great people to work with! First class training provided and continuous support provided throughout. Great opportunities for career progression. Excellent location.

Cons

Very few, if any.

"Working at IQPC gave me CANCER...... ANY POSITIVE REVIEW has been written by the higher managers!!!!! BE AWARE!!!!"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE WHATSOEVER.... If I had to give a pro it would be the friendliness thats given on the first day.....

Cons

-The day you start everyone seems friendly, few days later they are out to stab you in the back
    -Commission structure is like a disease, worse than AIDS!!!!!!!
    -At the start they make you think that the company sells knowledge??!! WRONG!!! They sell bull and scam to businesses
    -ALL PREVIOUS LEADS HAVE BEEN MILKED TO DEATH! You get abuse for calling any given leads!!!!!

Advice to Management

Close the company.... IQPC RUINS PEOPLE'S LIVES!!!!

"Don't appreciate people, no progression"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Hands on, a lot of products to work on, great culture

Cons

No career progression, quantity over quality of products,

Advice to Management

Offer mentorship and career progression

"Sponsorship Sales"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined post uni and learnt a huge amount about business, myself, and sales during my 4 years. The culture is usually good - fun parties, and typically good people across the board at IQPC.

Running global events, travel, banter, commission - all positives.

Cons

Very slow at change - horrifically so... You will get bored here after a few years if you are the kind of person who wants to have an impact on a business.

Middle-manage politics is also a bore, training ramps up around the times when management are being pressured and then dies a quick death the moment nobody's looking.

Micro-management 100%

Business seems to be run on 'how it looks/feels' rather than any data analysis or view of market size etc.

Roll of the dice as to whether you earn or not - the event landscape is huge - many different sectors all going through their own economic cycles and issues - targets are the same irrelevant.

Advice to Management

Invest in you data - allow more autonomy - modernise.

5. "Welcome to IQPC"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Welcome to IQPC, an international company with an entrepreneurial mindset; a place where success is built by collaborative project teams with big ideas and the determination to follow them through. Production, marketing, sales and event management, we are only as strong as our weakest link so there’s no room for passengers. Each department and each person has a big responsibly to deliver and add value. And yes, this can make life stressful at times, but remember you’re not alone. The benefit of working in a ‘tight’ team is exactly that. Challenges are brainstormed, solutions are found, skills are coached and trained. We succeed or fail together so what value is there in letting you fail? Our people are smart, social, innovative and dynamic. Naturally curious about business and life, they love to learn, to drive change and make things happen. And that all makes for a pretty fun team to join.

Cons

A life in commercial event offers a few downsides for sure…
    1) Not a single one of your friends or family will ever really understand what you do. My father still thinks I’m a glorified party planner, thanks Dad!
    2) The pace is fast and constant; you’ll never go home at the end of the day confident you did everything you could have done. There’s always more to do, so knowing how to prioritize, how to distinguish the 1K from the 100K tasks, it’s an essential survival skill
    3) The reward for a great job is a bigger job! Working on a flagship event, launching a new product or division, growing a bigger team, moving to a new country. Every time I think to myself hey I’ve got this, I can do this, the business seems to find me a new challenge. That ethos isn’t for everyone, but I love it. It’s one of the reasons I joined IQPC in the first place and absolutely a core reason why I stay.

Advice to Management

Continue to find and promote top talent. Continue to listen to feedback, change and adapt. No business gets everything right all the time and we are no exception, but that doesn’t mean we should ever stop reaching!

6. "An Incredible experience and lots of opportunity for personal growth"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for training, learning and personal development - you'll gain tuns of experience!

Cons

Lots of change, but use it to your advantage in your career!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best!

"Incredible experience"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Exchange Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Exchange Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at IQPC as a sponsorship exchange manager. I learnt more working at IQPC than I have in my whole working life. Katie who runs the starter development programme is incredible and although you will find it intense I urge anybody who is fortunate enough to be on the programme to cherish every moment and soak up as much of Katie's knowledge as you can, you will learn skills that you will carry with you long after working at IQPC. I had the pleasure of working on a team ran by divisional sales director, Barry Beany on the healthcare IT exchange and the Global IP exchange portfolio. The team as a whole was always full of energy, lots of laughs every day and a great level of loyalty and understanding. I will miss all of my team members, including mental case Andy Deal. As a manager Barry is brilliant, he gave me an incredible amount of support from the moment I joined til the time that I left. Sitting next to him has been immensely enjoyable, I don't think I have ever laughed so much in a workplace before. As a whole IQPC is a fantastic company to work for, it's like one big family on the exchange floor with an amazing social afterwork culture. I can't thank everyone at IQPC for everything I have learnt during my time and I hope to keep in touch with all the great friends I have made.

Cons

It's difficult for me to provide any cons because i don't have a bad word to say about the company. If I have to give one con, it would be that the amount of work that you but in at first can be incredibly draining and hard but once you move through this and you see how much you have learned and how you can apply it you your role it's totally worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The exchange floor is going from strength to strength and it's all down to the management team

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training actually does exist here, the last job I had ran the odd session here or there, but when I joined IQPC last year there is training and support when you walk through the door - I've done sales before but it was nice that you weren't expected to know it all and thrown in the deep end.

The people here are really nice, both in my team and the management that I've had dealings with - even the MD is approachable. We've hit lots of targets recently and there have been drinks and celebrations at the end of the day which is also good.

Office location also, Victoria is pretty perfect to commute to each day!

Cons

Lots of hard work, there is nowhere to hide so you really do have to pull your finger out every day to get results - this isn't really a negative, but might be a shock to the system for people who have worked in massive companies and get carried by a team.

Advice to Management

Good culture in London

9. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Conference Producer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Conference Producer in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are the best!! It is a real family! The support you get is better than anywhere else. If you are looking for a challenge and want autonomy over your work this company is the best. Moreover, you will get to meet the most senior people from the top companies out there, travel places you never thought you would and have a great fun on the way. The development opportunities are endless. Most of all you will grow as a business person. If you are passionate about research and changing the world a little bit, then Production job is your next career opportunity.

Cons

Rigid KPIs
    Need to hit the ground running
    Not you 9-5 job, long hours at times
    Short production cycle

10. "Fantastic entrepreneurial business"

Former Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for IQPC London for two stints which total approx 5.5 years service. The London office is highly successful business run by fantastic event professionals. I was lucky enough to go through the MDP scheme (Management Dev Programme) and can safely say that IQPC assisted significantly with my personal and professional development.
    I joined the business as a junior Sponsorship rep and left as a divisional sales director. I would certainly consider working for IQPC again (yes for a 3rd time) if it was right at the time. Please don't be put off by any of the negative posts, these are clearly the disgruntled people who didnt make the grade and need someone to blame - other than themselves.

Cons

Dont dispute the fact that you will have to work hard on lead sourcing within a sales role, so be prepared for this. Never bothered me BUT had to be factored in to the way I wanted to work.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the development of your employees - the level of training you provide is certainly not available from any other events business in London.