IQVIA Reviews in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

IQVIA Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not possible (in 194 reviews)

• very high targets, no work life balance (in 35 reviews)

"Sr. Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility work hours, good work life balance,

Cons

Poor Mgmt, very Political, favoritism

Advice to Management

Take care of employees

"Worst career move of my life"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at IQVIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only positive is that I managed to escape with my sanity

Cons

-zero work life balance
    -zero basic human respect and dignity
    -zero training
    -zero support for struggling employees
    -most unprofessional group I've ever worked with
    -senior principal made racist comments
    -senior principal made analysts cry on a daily basis
    -senior principal yelled and cursed at employees in open area at client site in front of client
    -senior principal behaves very inappropriately with senior consultant roughly 20 years his junior

Advice to Management

During interviews, mention the expectation that you will own the employee and all of their time - don't say flexible hours, etc in the interview and then tell them they need to work 12 hour days and weekends indefinitely because you committed to an unrealistic deadline. Invest in your employees. Train them (especially when they tell you in the interview that they lack specific experience or knowledge and you promise to provide guidance). Trash your "consulting 101" deck completely before it gets you sued - make a new one that doesn't use phrases like "suck it up", "baby got back", "don't wear items you pulled out of the garbage", and "don't cover body odor with cologne". Don't blame your failures, overcommitments, lack up planning, and complete lack of leadership on your employees.

"Stay away!"

Former Employee - Software Trainer in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Trainer in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at IQVIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company. Relatively few layoffs. Decent healthcare benefits. Generous sick leave. Work from home positions are available if your manager agrees.

Cons

Horrible senior leadership. No room to grow or be promoted. Management does not care about keeping the good people that work there. They only care able the almighty dollar. Horrible raise structure and salaries are below industry standards.

Advice to Management

Listen to your current employees and promote from within. Don't always look to hire from the outside.

"Great opportunity and highly rated EEO place to work"

Former Employee - RN Clinical Educator in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - RN Clinical Educator in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In charge of my own schedule except with urgent needs. Pharma contract with education opportunities. Online training for 12 weeks prior to hitting the road. I enjoyed being a Road Warrior with a 5 state territory. Salaried position.

Cons

Manager was quick to judge each worker and talked to peers behind their back. Once judged, unable to convince her of the value of thinking out of the box. She also had favorites and let us know whom they were by the words she used and special assignments given.

Advice to Management

Encourage direct managers to value each member of the team equally. Evaluate each manager for micro managing and stress the importance of allowing out of the box thinking for efficient and cost effective solutions.

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were good.

Cons

The technology being used in the tech and apps group is antiquated. Management is more interested in over charging clients than providing quality solutions. This is apparent since they are losing clients to competitors and have not signed many new contracts. Stay away from the PMO office. There is no leadership!

Advice to Management

Management lacks leadership, integrity, and ethics. This company needs to address the issues from the top down.

6. "Mid Atlantic Regional Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Field Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Field Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at IQVIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay; freedom to work independently; some ability to advance within the organization; unique work experience compared to other health care jobs

Cons

contract work; recent merger created a less friendly environment; despite being on a very long term project, management did not support off boarding for another job within the organization

Advice to Management

When company has invested in development of employees and advanced employees, preference should be given to these employees when a contracted project ends. CRA positions seem to be difficult to fill yet displaced employees are not trained for these spots

"Loved my coworkers but sr leadership is lacking"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at IQVIA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company. People are great to work with and manager was great, but I have very little respect for Sr Leadership.

Cons

sending a lot of positions to India and letting people go with higher salaries and titles.

Advice to Management

Need to have more focus on employee development

8. "Great people, slow advancement, laughable bonuses and salary increases."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, great co-workers, flexible hours and some work-from-home options. Great managers and directors. Low stress. No forced overtime.

Cons

slow advancement. Low salary increases. Yearly bonuses have been getting smaller and smaller. Outsourcing a lot of tasks to other countries, which is of lower quality and needs to be reviewed, completely inefficient but is cheaper for company executives. No stock options or profit sharing

Advice to Management

Increase yearly bonuses and salary increases. Consistent Top performers on the team should be compensated as such. Leaves little incentive to stay with company.

9. "Work worth doing!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Worked for Quintiles for about 7 years and have had an overall good experience. There was plenty of opportunities to grow and develop because of how big the company is. I also enjoyed the flexibility to work from home and the friendliness of coworkers. Also every now and then we'd get a reminder of how our work is supporting the bigger picture of helping patients and I thought that was nice.

Cons

Work life balance was often a struggle. Management and company structure going through a lot of changes.

Advice to Management

Remember to reward those doing a good job

"Changing Well with the Times"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at IQVIA (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to work and good senior management even if you don't agree with all decisions. Talented colleagues to work with in a company that is adapting well to a fast changing industry. One of the few global players among its peers and also growing at a rate higher than its peers.

Cons

Not as many opportunities these days with a much flatter organization but there are still enough if you work and look hard enough. Like all healthcare related companies, needs to make very tough decisions in a challenging and changing industry.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box and outside pharma.

Showing 31 of 2,707 reviews